Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSCTiger74

Colorado College license plate frame at a branch library in Charlotte.
TANSTAAFL

K-Mack

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads. D3 peeps, we're everywhere!

(sits next to a Castleton State grad at work, and not far from a Dickinson grad)
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: K-Mack on September 04, 2009, 01:56:53 AM
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads. D3 peeps, we're everywhere!

(sits next to a Castleton State grad at work, and not far from a Dickinson grad)
What is the Castleton State grad's reaction to the Anna Marie game this weekend?   :)

K-Mack

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 04, 2009, 07:46:04 AM
Quote from: K-Mack on September 04, 2009, 01:56:53 AM

What is the Castleton State grad's reaction to the Anna Marie game this weekend?   :)

Something like: "Man, I wish we'd had football when I went there."

I think he's going to go see them play next year when they come down to Gallaudet.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

cawcdad

Just saw a Wheaton window sticker on a truck here in Central CA.

Tezbaseball

When I was the club house manager for the Lancaster Jethawks in 2006, I would make it a point to wear some sort of Linfield clothing where ever we went. I got a lot of compliments and even ran into a few alum. The strength coach for the Modesto Nuts was an alum and one of the umpires had a brother attending Linfield.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it

redswarm81

Quote from: Knightstalker on August 21, 2009, 07:15:40 AM
Drunk girl wearing a Union t-shirt throwing up in a garbage can on Broadway in NYC last night coming home from work.

While I'm dying to joke about drunk Union "working girls" often throwing up at night coming home from work, it only serves to stoke my envy that Union actually enrolls girls--pickin's were mighty slim at RPI in the early '80s.
Irritating SAT-lagging Union undergrads and alums since 1977

redswarm81

Quote from: Gray Fox on August 21, 2009, 04:09:33 PM
A Lycoming sweatshirt in Helena, Montana in July. :)

But was it a "LIE coming" sweatshirt, or a "lye COAMing" sweatshirt?

Ryan Tipps

North Central sticker on an SUV at Panera Bread in Roanoke, Va.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

redman04

HEY NORM, I LOST YOUR HAT! GO REDMEN!!!

SJSUPhil

I'm wearing a University of Redlands t-shirt right now. Go Bulldogs!

K-Mack

Quote from: redswarm81 on September 19, 2009, 11:34:04 AM

Had a grad in one of my fantasy football leagues and I had to put him on the spot.

Turns out we'd been saying it right all these years (COAM) ... just as Pat and I had finally got in our heads that it might be (COMING) -- I think we went back and forth on one podcast.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

Ralph Turner

redswarm81

Quote from: K-Mack on September 24, 2009, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: redswarm81 on September 19, 2009, 11:34:04 AM

Had a grad in one of my fantasy football leagues and I had to put him on the spot.

Turns out we'd been saying it right all these years (COAM) ... just as Pat and I had finally got in our heads that it might be (COMING) -- I think we went back and forth on one podcast.

Going back and forth might be the best strategy.  I badgered someone on the MAC board last year, and he claimed that it's said either way.  Kind of like in Troy, you hear "Rents a LEAR" just as often as you hear "RENTS uh ler."

redswarm81

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 24, 2009, 09:30:11 PM
http://structurehub.com/blog/2009/09/americas-ten-most-beautiful-college-campuses/

Most beautiful campuses:

D3 has #2, #4, #8 and #9.

(Link sent to me by Gray Fox...)

I really don't like it when my inner cynic has such good evidence to back up his arguments.

Climate--specifically a temperate one--is a matter of aesthetics, but it's not enough of a factor to get Pepperdine--in Malibu!!--on the top ten list?   But why does only California climate get you points?  Ever see the Middlebury campus in fall or in winter, after a snowstorm? I'll bet anything its bluestone buildings look a lot better than Minnesota's Superblocks.

My inner cynic is highly skeptical that anything in either Cincinnati or Minneapolis can compare to the ugliest NESCAC campus (whichever one that might be).