Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

UC Santa Cruz sweatshirt on a woman in the St Louis airport. Her boyfriend was a swimmer for the Banana Slugs,

Ralph Turner

Hendrix sweatshirt on a young woman in St Louis Airport.

Nothing special about seeing a Wash U Bears sweatshirt, tho'.

Ralph Turner

St Mary's Seahawks sweatshirt in the St Louis airport terminal.

(The airport terminal has been a target rich environment!)

It turned out that the St Mary's MD (Seahawks) and the Hendrix (Warriors) women were sisters. Their father asked me if I knew the mascot of the University of Chicago. (Maroons!

It appears that I was only a Colorado College (Mountain Time) away from hitting for the Time Zone cycle in the St Louis Lambert Field Terminal.

roocru

Met a Simpson graduate beginning a three day hike while I was in Bryce Canyon.
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

cawcdad

Saw an Oberlin sticker on a car northbound on I-5 north of Sacramento, CA. While hiking at Lava Beds National Monument in northeastern CA, I stopped to talked to a couple of the National Park employees doing an invasive plant survey. The young man was a Linfield Alum.

Jack Parkman

UW Lacrosse hoodie on a kid in Galway, Ireland earlier today.
Muskingum t-shirt on a kid in Belfast, Ireland a few days ago.

Scots13

Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I was walking to my PA position at a Baltimore Brigade (Arena Football League) game the other day and saw two sweatshirts that didn't add up... one was for the Banana Slugs of USSC. I nearly stopped the girl wearing it and talked to her... but I had more pressing things to handle. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Hawks88

Leaving a Montgomery Biscuits game tonight saw a car with a Wheaton College Parent sticker that also had a Huntingdon sticker. Odd combo.
Also saw an SUV with a Rhodes sticker on I85 heading into Montgomery before the game.

HSCTiger74

Union College decal on the back of an SUV at our neighborhood swim club during the 4th of July festivities today.
TANSTAAFL

Chess4Me

My daughter spotted someone with a UW-Whitewater shirt at Miller Outdoor Theatre in Houston, TX, watching the Houston Symphony and fireworks display on July 4th.

SaintsFAN

I saw a Thomas More football shirt when I was waiting for a friend to deplane at Logan Airport in Boston.  I tried to see who was wearing it and I realized I was looking into a mirror. 

It was still pretty cool.

;D
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

meadowdale

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Mount Union Football Hat on a Referee at a 7v7 Tournament in Tampa, FL (Cody Pogorelc's Dad)
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

Bartman

Hobart Football T spotted at Kiawah Island Beach, SC confuses locals as same colors as Clemson ???
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath