FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmerton

"Everything"?  AO, i'll be polite - you know nothing about the SJU bball program and any conclusion you draw from the # of seniors is bullish!t speculation.  You also know nothing about what incoming recruited fball UST players know. 

If UST has a limit on the number of players invited to fall camp, it is incumbent on them to let their recruited players know that. I don't know if they do or not, but so far no one has contradicted hazzben's claim that they don't.

AO

Quote from: tmerton on January 19, 2013, 11:32:17 PM
"Everything"?  AO, i'll be polite - you know nothing about the SJU bball program and any conclusion you draw from the # of seniors is bullish!t speculation.  You also know nothing about what incoming recruited fball UST players know. 

If UST has a limit on the number of players invited to fall camp, it is incumbent on them to let their recruited players know that. I don't know if they do or not, but so far no one has contradicted hazzben's claim that they don't.
Of course it's speculation, what else can we do?  I don't know if previous generations had less ego, but I do now that I have seen plenty of freshmen who felt entitled to a spot, and several sophomores/juniors who quit when a freshman/sophomore took their spot.

OzJohnnie

Time for a good commercial?  There's an outdoor store up in Queensland that has a pretty good ad on which I couldn't find on YouTube.

And this.  The most irreverent ad I've ever seen:

http://youtu.be/T19MFfdVt24
[  

stanbob

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 20, 2013, 04:26:55 PM
Time for a good commercial?  There's an outdoor store up in Queensland that has a pretty good ad on which I couldn't find on YouTube.

What was the lifetime for this ad Oz?
Everyday is payday in paradise.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: stanbob on January 20, 2013, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 20, 2013, 04:26:55 PM

What was the lifetime for this ad Oz?

I don't know but I imagine that ad got a bit of grief. Austrlia loves defying the politically correct but that there is pretty bad. You have to love the Aussie dry humor though when the poor kid has to spend all day playing with sticks in the field by himself because he's too poor to go to school with the other kids. That made me chuckle.
[  

sjusection105

Today reminds me of a saying from my youth- "It's cold enough to freeze the nuts off a John Deere plow"  ;D
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

DuffMan

Quote from: sjusection105 on January 21, 2013, 08:42:44 AM
Today reminds me of a saying from my youth- "It's cold enough to freeze the nuts off a John Deere plow"  ;D

Tough in Dallas, too.  70 yesterday, but only 55 today.   :o

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

faunch

I know Duff has issues w/ "pumpkin ball" but this just in....SJU basketball homes games will be streamed starting tonight!!!  Could it mean that football in the fall will be too??

http://www.gojohnnies.com/index.aspx?tab=basketball&path=mbball

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

Quote from: faunch on January 21, 2013, 07:03:09 PM
I know Duff has "pumpkin ball" but this just in....SJU basketball homes games will be streamed starting tonight!!!  Could it mean that football in the fall will be too??

http://www.gojohnnies.com/index.aspx?tab=basketball&path=mbball

Viva la RevoluciĆ³n!
[  

OzJohnnie

[  

Knightstalker

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

tmerton

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 21, 2013, 11:04:14 PM
Ah, Wisconsin. The land of cheese and brawling strippers.

Two strippers, one pregnant, brawl over a dollar

Nice to see the Houston Chronicle of all papers picked up the story.

tmerton

Quote from: Knightstalker on January 22, 2013, 10:12:52 AM

No pictures?  That is some pretty shoddy reporting.

I suspect it's a case of 'Count your blessings.'

badgerwarhawk

At least the police didn't have to go far to investigate.  The strip club is located directly across the street from the sheriff's department.  I have a client who lives in the area and has befriended one of the strippers.  He keeps letting her use his car and she keeps either having accidents herself or letting someone else drive who has an accident.  I've told him that the next time it happens he's likely going to be looking for a new auto insurance carrier.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

OzJohnnie

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on January 23, 2013, 09:56:59 AM

At least the police didn't have to go far to investigate.  The strip club is located directly across the street from the sheriff's department.  I have a client who lives in the area and has befriended one of the strippers.  He keeps letting her use his car and she keeps either having accidents herself or letting someone else drive who has an accident.  I've told him that the next time it happens he's likely going to be looking for a new auto insurance carrier.

I'm not sure befriended is the word you're looking for. "being exploited by" would be more appropriate.
[