FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

A little jealous looking at recently released 2013 schedules of teams like SJF, MSU.

Looks like Hobart is holding at 9 games (http://gohobart.blogspot.com) again.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

dlippiel

Just saw the Hermann video on twitter. Best of luck to Mike. Dlip would love to see him make some noise!

mattvsmith

Is it August yet? Geez...

frank uible

Winter continues to prevail. Spring, summer and fall have been cancelled this year.

Knightstalker

The old guy at the gas station down the road told me "July, Spring is in July this year."  I figure the old guy at the gas station is just as qualified as the clown or clowness on TV.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

mattvsmith

I wonder if we need another calendar reform? Could it be that we need to add a month this year (Second April) to allow the weather to catch up with the season?

At the risk of being political, I'm taking a phd course in maritime meteorology right now and next semester I'll take weather forecasting, and I'm constantly amazed how a hot snap is always "proof" of global warming while cold snaps are always deemed "statistically insignificant". I've pointed out to colleagues that to consider a year of warm data significant but a cold year of data insignificant is making science to tool of political agenda and they are aghast. Some people are so easily offended.

No matter, as long as summer training camp happens as planned and we have lovely weather in the fall, I will be happy. I need some football. I'm about to go through withdrawals.

By the way, the Hobart Football team of 1993 will be recognized as a "team of distinction" in October. 1993 was the year the program recovery under Coach Maxwell really took hold. We went 7-3 and could have gone to the ECAC for the first time but the school wouldn't let us because of final exams. It did, however, allow the women's teams to play in postseason NCAA playoffs.

I wish I could fly back from Korea for the ceremony. The way things have been this year, October weather may feel like August.

ITH radio

David "Gibby" Gibbons '94 is driving the ToD and it's well deserved.  If only Ren's damn Engineers didn't beat us in that final game in 93....probably would have made the NCAA given the upset of then #2 Buff State (can't remember if Buff St was #2 regionally or nationally back then).

Lots of great players on that team:  Bobby Wynn, Billy Palmer (first ever "modern day" AA), Rich Memenger, Pete Afrooz, Gibby, B. Carter...the list goes on.

mattvsmith

We had a hell of a squad that year. I really feel like Hobart hit rock bottom my freshman or sophomore year and we've been upward ever since. I'll have to check the historic W-L. I may not be right on the money, but not too far off. I think doing that well in 1993 after sucking so hard in 1990 told us that in fact we could be winners when everyone else at HWS treated us like losers.

ITH radio

Interview with Hobart SR LB Andrew Klindera about his experience playing professional football overseas in the "GFL".

Check it out at:

Klindera / Comin Atcha Interview April 2013

ITH radio

Something tells me the Saints will be better in 2013:

St. Lawrence Goes Back to Basics (as in basic military training)

lewdogg11

Quote from: ITH radio on April 25, 2013, 06:15:27 PM
Something tells me the Saints will be better in 2013:

St. Lawrence Goes Back to Basics (as in basic military training)

One thing is for sure, they will have a leg up in any potential jousting matches.

ITH radio

Congrats to RPI QB Mike Hermann on signing with the Oakland Raiders as a free agent.

From the LL to the NFL.  Wow!

We always appreciated him coming on the show and he was always a gracious guest and good kid.  Wishing him the best as he starts on this new chapter.

Good luck Mike!

Frank Rossi

TheGrove

Thought y'all might like to know that The Grovelette arrived last Monday! 7 pounds, 11 1/2 ounces, 20 inches long. We'll see whether or not she's allowed to date LL boys in about 20 years. Check that, 30.  ;D

Frank Rossi

Quote from: TheGrove on May 01, 2013, 11:34:59 PM
Thought y'all might like to know that The Grovelette arrived last Monday! 7 pounds, 11 1/2 ounces, 20 inches long. We'll see whether or not she's allowed to date LL boys in about 20 years. Check that, 30.  ;D

Hey, now... LL boys can't do the Harlem Shake nearly as well as other conferences' teams... Just sayin' ;)

(P.S. Congrats, Grove!!!!!)