MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Ricciardi

Hey all you NJAC Hoop Fans, tonight in the Golden Dome at Rutgers-Newark, Coach McBreen and his staff will lead the NJAC Men's Senior Allstars against the CUNY Conference Senior Allstars. Game time is at 8pm. Women play the prelim at 6pm

d3sthebest

Amin,
Just back from five days in salem and had a chance to read coach's post.  Congratulations on all the post season recognition!

Truck

AMIN,

Congrats on Winning the MVP at the All-Star game.  

Once again, do something with your inbox. Everything came back again a few days ago.

Commitment, Hard Work, No Shortcuts

Amin Wright

Truck,  
Thanks again for you support.
I just cleared my inbox today, again.
Try sending something now.
Sorry about that.  
How is everything? Good to hear from you!

Truck

Mean,

I sent it a few hours after you posted - same day.  

But.... it came back to me. Is there any alternate ways I can get it to you? Email me and let me know. I can hook you up with a Gmail Account but I can't send it to you becuase it's gonna bounce  back  

Your message has been enqueued and undeliverable for 1 day
to the following recipients:

Recipient address: mailto:awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu">awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu
 Original address: mailto:awright@ramapo.edu">awright@ramapo.edu
 Reason: unable to deliver this message after 1 day

Delivery attempt history for your mail:

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:01:47 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:01:56 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:02:04 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:02:03 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:01:38 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:01:47 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:01:47 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:01:57 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:01:36 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:01:36 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:01:39 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:01:29 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 04:01:31 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:40:49 -0500 (EST)
recipient is over quota

The mail system will continue to try to deliver your message
for an additional 6 days.

Action: delayed
Original-recipient: rfc822;mailto:awright@ramapo.edu">awright@ramapo.edu
Final-recipient: rfc822;mailto:awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu">awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu

Pat Coleman

Amin, if you are using Outlook Express to handle your mail, go to the Tools menu, accounts, select your mail account and hit properties, then click on the "Advanced" tab.

If you have checked the box labeled "Leave a copy of messages on server" then uncheck it and hit OK, then Close to close the accounts window. Then the next time it checks mail it will clear your mailbox on Ramapo's server and you can begin to receive new mail.

If you guys use a webmail setup to get your mail through a browser and you have been deleting mail, make sure you empty your trash to make sure the deleted mail actually gets taken out of your quota.

If you guys use neither of the above, I apologize for wasting everyone's time. http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Amin Wright

Thanks guys! I'll get right to it.

Truck

Amin,

I just got several e-mails that bounced back once again. Did you try the thing that Pat suggested? Let me know if there is an alternate way to reach you. mailto:Jadakissruffride@aol.com">Jadakissruffride@aol.com

The emails that I got back today had this message:

Your message is being returned; it has been enqueued and undeliverable for
7 days to the following recipients:

Recipient address: mailto:awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu">awright@pegasus.ramapo.edu
 Original address: mailto:awright@ramapo.edu">awright@ramapo.edu
 Reason: unable to deliver this message after 7 days

Amin Wright

truck one of professors told me the same thing. I did what Pat suggested. I figured it was working now that I can get emails from professors. I just checked my email this morning and I had a few new messages, but none which came from you. Try to send your mail from another account. I don't know what the problem is now. Anyhow, what's going on out there?

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Truck, try setting up a yahoo or hotmail account and emailing from there.  AOL plays funny games sometimes with email.

Truck

Thanks guys.  

Some emails did go through now because Amin wrote back so I figure it's working.

heatlee

Why does CNJ have so much trouble getting into the NCAA tournament.  It seems like they start off strong, or at least have a solid win streak during the season.  But at the end they fall short. They seem to have a solid talent base.  So what is the problem?

phil

I'm assuming you're speaking of last year and not in general Ð because TCNJ is definitely a middle-of-the-pack NJAC team at best most years.

Generally, TCNJ doesn't have the depth and athletic talent which other NJAC programs seem to be able to get. Another problem they have is the academics. When the average kid is entering TCNJ with a 1300 SAT while other schools are able to welcome marginal academic performers and transfers who might have previously failed out Ð it makes it very, very difficult to compete. When was the last time TCNJ had a solid core of returning players which were complimented by a transfer who made an impact and played a major roll? I think it might have happened once in the last decadeÊÐ and he lasted a season before failing to make the grades to return.

Look what Ted Fiore did at Montclair a couple years ago. He took a potential Top-10 returning line-up and added more transfers than a Newark-bound train of Manhattan commuters. No matter that the team imploded on him Ð it's besides the point . He did it because he could Ð which is something you'll never see at TCNJ.

Another problem with recruiting is the TCNJ facilities, as just about all of the NJAC major players have added new venues over the last few years Ð the most recent being Stockton, Kean and Ramapo. TCNJ will be adding their own multi-pupose 2,000 seat facility within the next few years.

As far as this season was concerned... Yes, TCNJ had a lot of talent. What they didn't have was a point guard on a team that really only had three big scoring threats. As the season went on there became a formula to stopping TCNJ. Add a slashing point guard who could drive to the basket, was a threat to score as well as kick it back out to Grant or Burke, and you very well might have had a top 10 team.

But let's be realistic, the only time TCNJ has ever been considered one of the top 2 or 3 programs in the NJAC on a yearly basis was when Kevin Bannon was the head coach for 7 seasons and went 145-48 Ð ending as the '89 national runner-up.

Ben

Defense, defense, defense....

heatlee

in 2003-2004 CNJ was 10-7 and then went on to win 8 out of their last 10, and that was after a 3-4 start. In 2002-2003 they were 9-4 and finished 13-12.  For a overall record of 48-30 and 23-24 in league over the past three seasons.

Over the same period of time the womens' program went 59-22 overall and 38-9 in league.

Both programs have to recruit quality students who are also able to play basketball at a high  D III level.  Why are the women able to do it and not the men?  They have the same academic and facility resrtictions as the men.

This is not meant in any way to be a criticizm of the mens program.  It is merely a question.