FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

02 Warhawk

Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on June 06, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:07:12 PM
I have been holding back posting anything about this until it came out in some kind of, "official," capacity other than facebook and I guess this will suffice.  A.J. Raebel has been hired as the LB coach at Carroll University in Waukesha, WI from the Midwest Conference. Looks like there maybe something that is finally going to keep me from the boards.  Posting as the mother of a D-3 coach could get a little precarious.  I learned, very quickly, it was best to hide my identity when he was playing but now it is out there and I can't imagine it would go any smoother now that he is a coach. I would never want my little hobby to ever hurt him or his coaching career in any way!   I am probably good until camp starts but then, my instincts are telling me to hang it up.  I am really going to miss you boys.................. :'( :'( :'( 
:-* :-* :-*

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

What about Saturdays at The Perk? Is it now going to be Waukesha instead?

Congrats to AJ.
Oh, you're not going to get rid of me entirely.  We'll be trying to split time as best we can but, unfortunately, the home/away schedules don't match up very well.  I already checked.   ;) ;D

Ok good

Pat Coleman

You would not be the only parent of a coach posting on D3boards ... in football ... in the West Region ...

You're far more welcome than the other one. Don't feel like you have to leave. But you might not want to post about Carroll. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

footballfan413

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 07, 2013, 12:45:42 AM
You would not be the only parent of a coach posting on D3boards ... in football ... in the West Region ...

You're far more welcome than the other one. Don't feel like you have to leave. But you might not want to post about Carroll. :)
I greatly appreciate the encouragement, Pat.  I will keep that in mind.  I would, most definiately, stay away from the Midwest Conference board but I have visions of a parent of a freshman LB coming on here to tell me that his/her son was the greatest LB of all time in HS and my son does not recognize talent, know jack about defense and that their kid should be starting!  LOL    I haven't run it by Coach Raebel yet either.  Will see how he feels.  Maybe it is time to break out an alias if everyone here promises not to bust me!     ;) :D ;D
"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!"  Dennis Miller

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

"You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in
life." Paul Dietzel / LSU

KitchenSink

I think 413 is really just upset that AJ didn't get the Mount Union job.
What the hell was that?  That was a Drop-kick.  Drop-kick? How much is that worth?  Three points.  THREE POINTS?!

footballfan413

Quote from: KitchenSink on June 07, 2013, 10:02:29 AM
I think 413 is really just upset that AJ didn't get the Mount Union job.
;D LMAO   Lucky for Vince, he didn't apply!  ;D

"Three things you don't want to be in football, slow, small and friendly!"  John Madden

emma17

Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:37:41 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on June 06, 2013, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: footballfan413 on June 06, 2013, 05:07:12 PM
I have been holding back posting anything about this until it came out in some kind of, "official," capacity other than facebook and I guess this will suffice.  A.J. Raebel has been hired as the LB coach at Carroll University in Waukesha, WI from the Midwest Conference. Looks like there maybe something that is finally going to keep me from the boards.  Posting as the mother of a D-3 coach could get a little precarious.  I learned, very quickly, it was best to hide my identity when he was playing but now it is out there and I can't imagine it would go any smoother now that he is a coach. I would never want my little hobby to ever hurt him or his coaching career in any way!   I am probably good until camp starts but then, my instincts are telling me to hang it up.  I am really going to miss you boys.................. :'( :'( :'( 
:-* :-* :-*

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

What about Saturdays at The Perk? Is it now going to be Waukesha instead?

Congrats to AJ.
Oh, you're not going to get rid of me entirely.  We'll be trying to split time as best we can but, unfortunately, the home/away schedules don't match up very well.  I already checked.   ;) ;D

That's great news 413- I'm looking forward to adding another team to my "follow" list. I hope the program has a meteoric rise.

Sakman 1111

Congrats to AJ.....Gets more complicated each year to make as many games at the Perk as we would like....for me double knee replacement rehab and high school games (Max Oline coach) make it hard.....hope to be at the Perk for a few games......let us know 413 when your going.....Pound the Rock......Looking forward to seeing the Warhawks back on top of the WIAC......

badgerwarhawk

I'll be happy to post over there for you 413.  :D  I know you're going to be spread pretty thin but please don't abandon us.

It's really cool that AJ is getting an opportunity to work with a collegiate program.  I haven't seen what kind of "C" Carroll uses or if they even use one.  But at least he's shedding that god awful looking "C" that Craig HS uses.  Though he may have traded blue for an ugly orange.  I'm not sure.  ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."

footballfan413

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on June 08, 2013, 06:12:53 PM
I'll be happy to post over there for you 413.  :D  I know you're going to be spread pretty thin but please don't abandon us.

It's really cool that AJ is getting an opportunity to work with a collegiate program.  I haven't seen what kind of "C" Carroll uses or if they even use one.  But at least he's shedding that god awful looking "C" that Craig HS uses.  Though he may have traded blue for an ugly orange.  I'm not sure.  ;)
Thanks, BW.  Glad to know, you have my back.   :-*  A great opportunity for him to move to the next level and it will be interesting to see how he likes it.  I know he does feel like he has a lot to offer to players at the college level.  He left the Craig, "C," behind a year ago when he moved to Waukesha to teach and coached LB's for South last season.  So, we will actually be trading red for the Blue and Orange of Carroll and are going to become Pioneers.  I admit to a reflexive reaction after years of playing against UW-Plattville but let's face it, we FIBS wearing Blue and Orange, is hardly anything new.   ;D

palum

Lindy's preseason poll has

Whitewater 7th
Oshkosh 11th
Platteville 14th

Pretty good showing for the WIAC

ScreamingEagles

http://lacrossetribune.com/blogs/joelbadzinski/uw-l-football-mcglenn-hired-to-coach-o-line/article_e0b9f694-d2c3-11e2-ba9b-001a4bcf887a.html

UWL has hired former offensive lineman Andrew McGlenn as its new offensive line coach.  McGlenn played on three WIAC title teams in '02, '03 and '04 and has coached collegiately at Chadron State and Dubuque.
UW-La Crosse

Raider 68

Congrats to AJ and his new opportunity! Hope you remain on the boards, your contribution
is highly regarded! :)
13 time Division III National Champions

retagent

A little late on this, but I echo 68's sentiments on the wishing of good luck to the new coach at Carroll. It appears that he has taken on a challenge.

footballfan413

Quote from: Raider 68 on June 11, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

Congrats to AJ and his new opportunity! Hope you remain on the boards, your contribution
is highly regarded! :)
Thanks so much, 68.  You are a good friend.  I am strongly considering it but as I said before, it isn't about my posting as much as it is about someone having the opportunity to, anonymously, go after my son through me.  I have experienced it before and it is very uncomfortable and not fair to him.  We'll see.....................  Thanks again~ 

On the other hand, maybe he'll do such a fabulous job, no one could possibly find anything wrong to complain about?? 
  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: footballfan413 on June 12, 2013, 09:22:04 AM

On the other hand, maybe he'll do such a fabulous job, no one could possibly find anything wrong to complain about??  [/size]  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

You may need to rethink that one.  ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."