D3boards.com history

Started by hopefan, March 14, 2020, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: pg04 on March 30, 2021, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: hopefan on March 27, 2020, 09:10:29 AM
I was hoping we'd get a lot of memories of humorous writers or writings from the past here... unfortunately not yet.... another hopefan idea down the drain  ::) ::) ::)

I am posting a year later since I did enjoy reading this thread. Unfortunately  I forget about this board for years at a time these days, but I had a lot of fun on these boards as a Brockport student then alum. All fond memories. Even arguing with JT on the politics board. I started even earlier than this incarnation, because I actually got banned as a student.  :D. I really do love this board and am so thankful for Pat et al. For creating it.

Hey, pg04 - good to hear from you!  I also argued with JT on the politics board (which got me at least half of the 'smites' I have; a majority of the politics boards posters were obviously allies of JT!)  (JT2 seems to have mellowed considerably!)

Pat is very conscientious and fair.  A few years ago I exploded at an SCIAC poster in terms that I deserved to be banned for, as a number of posters demanded that I be.  Pat responded that I had been taunted unmercifully for years for something that I never said in the first place, and, while not defending my response per se, refused to ban me.  Thanks Pat, for that AND especially for the website. :)

And sorry to have put you in that position! :(  Just like JT2, I've mellowed considerably.

pg04

I don't even remember what I got banned for, but while I was actually attending Brockport I was quite annoying on these boards at times. After graduating I mellowed a bit. I kinda wish message boards were still a major thing because I like this format. Posting on social media isn't the same!

cubs

I'm not exactly sure when my first post happened, but I was able to see that I have a post from February 2005, although it's listed as a different username despite the fact that I've used the same log in information for the past 15+ years.....

One of my all time favorite memories on this board is the back and forth between Pat and titan2000, and then more recently AppletonRocks.  I still believe they are one in the same, although I'm not sure that has ever been confirmed.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Greek Tragedy

Yikes. I have to remember there's other boards besides the fantasy boards or even the men's sports-specific boards. 2 1/2 years later, I finally show up here.

I think I started a little before 2005. I remember The Roop. If I remember, I think he passed away.

Diehardfan and I actually drove out to Salem for Stevens Point's first championship in 2005. I picked her up at Wheaton College on the way there. She ended up staying out there to visit family in the area, so Swampgoon drove back with me late Saturday night. He rode out on the fan bus with his dad.

I was Shortround at the beginning for a year or two. Then I went to Old School before switching to Greek Tragedy when I got married...to a Greek.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!