WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

But did Gordon get to hear stories about the '87 game this weekend?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

iwu70

Any recruiting news out there, ladies and gentlemen?  IWU surely needs to find some bigs, some rebounding and some paint scoring.  Ehresman and McGraw are going to be better and better, but they surely need some help in the post.

IWU softball off to a scorching start.

IWU70

CoachM

Maddie Merritt has committed to IWU. Maddie played high school ball at Tri-Valley and club ball with the Predators program out of Springfield. Maddie was recruited by Maryville U and Columbia College (NAIA D1) amongst others. Maryville and Columbia both saw Maddie as a stretch 4 in their programs. She will give IWU some size.

iwu70

Welcome to the Titan nation, Maddie Merritt!

IWU70

iwu70

Today's the Day, Titan Nation -- April 9th. "All In" for IWU.   Give 'til it hurts.

IWU70

iwu70

Article in today's Pgraph about Mia Smith's recruiting class at IWU. 

'70

iwu70

Q, looks very promising, esp. some post players, some decent size.  Should match up well with Ehresman and McGraw.

'70

iwu70

Full new IWU roster now posted on the IWU sports website.  A young team, but with some very good returning talent.  Mia recruited some size, so perhaps the rebounding and paint defence will be better this year.  Time will tell.

IWU70

iwu70

CCIW Chatsters, any thoughts on the prospects of various teams for the upcoming season? 

IWU has a good core coming back, but as in past years, needs rebounding, some post scoring and better interior D.  Time will tell.

IWU70

Gregory Sager

Coaches poll is out:

1. Wheaton 49 (7)
2. Carthage 39
3. North Central 38 (1)
4. Millikin 29
5. Illinois Wesleyan 23
6. Elmhurst 22
7. North Park 16
8. Augustana 8

One thing we know from this poll is that Tim Bernero can fire up his players before they face Wheaton by telling them that WC head coach Kent Madsen didn't respect Carthage enough to put the Lady Reds at the top of his ballot. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

One really bad season has wiped out many years of high expectations.  I'll bet it is more than a decade since IWU was predicted to finish fifth!

iwu70

With Sydney Moss back for her senior season, can't really argue with the unanimous pre-season #1 in the D3 poll.

On the CCIW poll, Titans will have to prove they are higher than #5.  I know this polls pissed off and "shocked" Mia Smith so I'm sure she'll use it to marshall her young team and surely work hard to return the Titans to the contenders, to the CCIW tournament group.  Titans are very young still, only one senior, and still are vertically challenged, with untested post players, need for better rebounding and interior defence.  They have some good perimeter players and scorers, so we'll see.  Ehresman and McGraw coming into their own as team leaders.  Holness will be good.  I wonder if Mia thinks she still has the horses, the athletes to continue all the full court and trapping pressure.  Time will tell.

IWU70

GoPerry

I don't suppose any LadyRed (or Redmen) posters could give insight as to why would-be returning Carthage seniors Alexis Hahn and Taylor Boardman are inexplicably not listed on the 2015-16 roster?   Hahn was clearly their best player last year, first team all-CCIW, and Boardman was also core to the team.  Just an oversight perhaps?  For Carthage and the league's sake, I hope so.

iwu70

I guess WC has to be considered the odds-on favorite for the CCIW title this year -- esp. with two pre-season All-Americans on their roster. 

Would be interested in other assessments, comments on how the other CCIW teams stack up, shape up this year. 

IWU is very young, needing improvement especially in rebounding, interior defence and three point shooting.  Mia Smith has some very good, experienced players coming back in McGraw, Holness and Ehresman -- and Samantha Ellsworth?  I think Ellsworth is the only SR. on the roster, so plenty of room, time for growth and improvement.  Mia did recruit some size and post players, but they are young, not CCIW-tested.  Being picked 5th won't have set well with Coach Smith, I'm sure.  I expect IWU to make a pretty good run to be back in the top four, back to the CCIW tournament level this year.

IWU70