The Big Dance

Started by Falconer, November 06, 2017, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEsoccerfan

Tufts played a great game, and while Brandeis out-possessed them, Tufts had way more quality chances and probably deserved to win. Having said that, it would have been a shame to see a team go through to the final 4 with ZERO goals all tournament. Congrats to Brandeis!

Saint of Old

Quote from: NEsoccerfan on November 19, 2017, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on November 19, 2017, 03:21:31 PM
Tufts heading to PK's for 3rd straight game...Different kickers and order last game...Now what? I have a feeling Tufts luck is running out today..

Spoke too soon Mr. Right. BRANDEIS FOR THE WINNNNNNNN!

Mr. R spoke just in time.
Tufts luck ran out.

A Champion taken out by a champion.

The way it should be this time a year.

Well done Tufts, you defended the crown well.

Mr.Right

AHHHH.....I went to the take a piss and missed the goal....LOL I just figured it was going to PK's....What happened

stlawus

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 19, 2017, 03:29:10 PM
AHHHH.....I went to the take a piss and missed the goal....LOL I just figured it was going to PK's....What happened

Don't worry, the rest of us missed the goal as well.  Camera dude screwed that one up.  Looked like a bounce to the Brandeis player who chipped the keeper. 

Mr.Right

I watch 328 minutes of Tufts soccer without a goal and miss 2 minutes and a goal....Typical...

Hopkins92

Wow. St. Thomas looked to have pulled one back with a scramble in the box, but the ref waves it off. Game is getting very chippy with two yellows in the last few minutes.

blooter442

Hopkins92

Quote from: stlawus on November 19, 2017, 03:30:42 PM
Quote from: Mr.Right on November 19, 2017, 03:29:10 PM

Don't worry, the rest of us missed the goal as well.  Camera dude screwed that one up.  Looked like a bounce to the Brandeis player who chipped the keeper.

Keeper came way off his line and the clearance didn't clear the trailing Brandeis player who put it right back on frame.

But, yeah, the camera guy was doing this annoying Super Zoom all game. Someone needs to tell him to just err on the side of a wider shot.

Mr.Right

So Meith's overconfidence finally burns him?  Was it a GK mistake? I will have to wait to see it on Brandeis Twitter I suppose

blooter442

Well, considering what you all have said, I guess I don't feel feel bad another my phone dying with 3 left in 2OT and  missing the goal.

deiscanton

Quote from: blooter442 on November 19, 2017, 03:32:23 PM
ROLL DEIS!!!!

I echo your cheer!  Roll Deis!!!!  On to Greensboro!

Buck O.

And we already know this, but still:  That was the first goal scored by an opponent against Tufts all season, since the Amherst goal was an OG.

blooter442

Brandeis back in the Final 4, and a Final 4 appearance for Gabe Margolis in his first year as head coach. Honestly didn't expect the Judges to beat Tufts, although I did like their chances if it went to PKs with Woodhouse in net. You can imagine my surprise when my phone — which had died with 3 left in 2OT — turned back on and I saw a "1" next to Brandeis on the live stats.

That said, fair play to the Jumbos, who were deserved NESCAC Champions and handed the Judges a loss earlier this season. There is much respect between the two programs and I think, in addition to being an Elite 8 game at Bello (where Tufts hadn't lost all year), the magnitude of this win is signified even more in that this was against the defending national champions, who seemed primed to go all the way again this year. However, as a Tufts parent said last weekend, "you need a lot of luck to get through this tournament." Based on the description of the goal, it would appear that Tufts' ran out, while the Judges got a slice of their own. Sometimes that is just the way it happens.

Hopkins92

St. Thomas throwing everything at NP. More cards for both teams, who are doing a fair amount of chirping at the ref.

NP should've put the game away, got in alone on the keeper but from a bad angle.

Now St. T lose a guy to a red card. 4 minutes left. It appears to be from dissent, as the foul wasn't that bad.

mr_b

North Park holds on for a 1-0 victory to advanced to the final four for the first time in program history.