FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

Twitter updates:

Mitch Butula, TE, Chardon.  6'2" 215
Jaden Manley, WR/DB, Bishop Hartley, 5'10" 180.  He was the leading receiver and 1st team all-district DB for the state champs.

Dr. Acula

More Twitter updates:

Nolan Abbiatici, WR, Pittsburgh, PA (Seton LaSalle).  6'0" 175.  Played QB as a junior and WR as a senior. 
Marcus Reeves, K/P, Defiance Tinora.  Averaged 37 yds/punt, hit 29-30 PAT, 10-12 FG including a 51 and 49 yarder. 1st tm All-Conf/All-Dist, 2nd tm All-Ohio.

ITH radio

Congrats to Pierre Garcon on the big pay day.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Dr. Acula

$16m in year 1 is a nice haul for PG.  Glad to see him get a nice pay day.  Everything you read about him is that he's a tireless worker and the consummate team first guy.  It's easy to root for guys like that.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 08, 2017, 08:57:16 PM
$16m in year 1 is a nice haul for PG.  Glad to see him get a nice pay day.  Everything you read about him is that he's a tireless worker and the consummate team first guy.  It's easy to root for guys like that.

And given his philanthropic history, I suspect Haiti will also be reaping the rewards.  Great day all around.

badgerwarhawk

If he's such a philanthropic guy maybe he could send me the $180 I lost when his Super Bowl touchdown on the last play of the quarter cost me both pools I was in.   ;)  ;D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 09, 2017, 10:01:42 AM
If he's such a philanthropic guy maybe he could send me the $180 I lost when his Super Bowl touchdown on the last play of the quarter cost me both pools I was in.   ;)  ;D

Ouch.  But I suspect his heart is more in Haiti than Whitewater. ;D

Dr. Acula

The latest from Twitter:

Anthony Tavano, WR/DB, Richmond MI, 6'1" 165
Tony Dracopoulos, S, Keller TX, 5'10" 174
Sharif Howard, WR, Peninsula Woodridge, 5'10" 175

hsbsballcoach7

Bradley Mitchell from mount union had a great day today at the Toledo pro day... 5"5 170
19 at 225 (that's more than some olinemen at the combine)
36"vert
9"4 broad jump
4.48 40 time

Also saw Tre Jones and Sherman Wilkinson recently. Both were surprised I recognized them, but had a nice chat with them both. Tre said he's working out full time and is supposed to get a call from the Buccaneers this summer. Sherman is working in business right now.

Dr. Acula

Man, those are impressive results for BJ.  Great job!  Obviously the issue are those first two numbers though. 

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on March 20, 2017, 07:58:23 PM

Bradley Mitchell from mount union had a great day today at the Toledo pro day... 5"5 170
19 at 225 (that's more than some olinemen at the combine)
36"vert
9"4 broad jump
4.48 40 time

Those are incredible numbers for someone five and half inches tall.  170 seems kind of heavy for someone that size though.  ;)  :D

Seriously, good luck to him.

"Just think twice is my only advice."

HScoach

Quote from: Dr. Acula on March 20, 2017, 09:31:21 PM
Man, those are impressive results for BJ.  Great job!  Obviously the issue are those first two numbers though.

Those would be great measurable if he was 6'-5".
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Dr. Acula

Interesting.  Roger Ingles is headed across town leaving OWU and heading to Cap to be the new AD.  Definitely made me do a double take when I heard it.  Ingles has been at OWU forever.  And OWU as an athletic department is in much better shape than Cap currently.  Maybe he wants a new challenge.

Ingles to Cap

section13raiderfan

Were the scouts looking at BJ as a runner or as an athlete? Im thinking he will change positions to get a serious lookysee. Maybe a special teamer? Im wishing him well but if Kmic didnt impress the pros then how is BJ gonna top him? I believe that "Metcalf up the middle" has ruined it for all smallish potential running backs nowadays. Barry Sanders types only arise in a blue moon. Good luck to him anyways!

Dr. Acula

To me the most important thing about BJ's performance is that he even had the chance to perform at a Toledo's pro day.  Mount has the ties from the coaching tree to legitimately tell recruits "if you perform here you will get your shot at a pro day."  Mitchell got his.  Jones, Nemeth, Namdar, Lally, etc. got theirs last year at Akron's.  They certainly aren't alone in that claim, but as a D3 program if you can point out all these kids that have had their shot at pro days it can't hurt if you're recruiting a "tweener" who is mulling over walking on at a D1 school.