FB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerFanAlso2

Only makes sense CNU would have a strong recruiting class each and every year given its tuition cost, the quality of education and its physical location.
CNU is more athletic than any team we see each year with a few occasional exceptions. Continued good luck.

CNU85

Well, if CNU keeps scheduling games like this.....we will need excellent recruiting classes.....did some research and found this..

https://northcentralcardinals.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

RowanPhan

Quote from: CNU85 on February 08, 2019, 01:40:14 PM
Holy crap. Just read local paper about CNU recruiting class. Wow! That's all I can say.....wow! I know you have to wait to see how things turn out, but this very possibly could be the best recruiting class in CNU history.
Thanks for sharing the update, CNU85.  You're lucky to have a paper posted such detailed reports for a D3 football team.  I'll be lucky to get any details about Rowan's recruits until late summer.

https://www.dailypress.com/sports/christopher-newport/dp-spt-cnu-football-commitments-0208-story.html
Go Rowan!

RowanPhan

Quote from: RowanPhan on August 24, 2018, 03:15:34 AM
Quote from: RowanPhan on August 18, 2018, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: RowanPhan on July 01, 2018, 10:39:20 AM
Listing of some of Rowan's incoming recruits

Name              Position  Height  Weight  School               Notes
Matt Gray         FS, WR    6'0     185     Gloucester Catholic  Three-year starter and team captain, 5 ints (3 in one game)
Thomas Kane       OT, DT    6'3     255     Shawnee              2018 Phil Simms North+South All Star Game
Kyle Murphy       C, NG     6'0     250     Gloucester Catholic  Team leader and top student, two-way lineman, standout offensive guard and defensive tackle
Nick Maniero      RB        5'8     160     Nutley               2018 Phil Simms North+South All Star Game
Jake Schillinger  WR, CB    6'0     165     Shawnee              Adam Taliaferro Foundation Classic invite. He plans on walking on to the Rowan football team in the fall
CJ Barrett        QB        6'1     190     Sterling             Most Valuable Player honors as the White team downed the Blue squad 26-13 in the 28th annual Adam Taliaferro Foundation Classic

Rowan hauled in an impressive group of WR's this year; this group was depleted by graduation and attrition.

New Names include:
Naji Hart, 6'2 WR from Oakcrest HS
Elijah Rehm, DII transfer
Abu Kaikai, 6'4 tall WR from Edison HS
Kazmere Sturgis, 5'10 burner from Washington Twp HS
Jacquey Mendez, 2 sport star from Bordentown HS
Rounding out the Prof recruiting notes based on the latest roster. The cream of the crop in Rowan's 2018 class has to be Jake Krellin, a LB with incredible credentials.  The LB position is loaded with Senior this season, so I'll be surprised if he gets immediate playing time, but given his abilities, I'm sure he'll see the field at some point!  Go Profs!

Jake Krellin   LB   5'11   215   Middletown, NJ / Middletown S.
Earned All-State and All-Shore honors… named the Defensive Player of the Year. One of the top players in the Shore Conference, junior year in which he earned All-Shore First Team defensive honors, as a junior produced a statistical line that rivaled anyone in the state with 109 tackles – including 45 for a loss – as well as 15 sacks 16 quarterback pressures. USA TODAY High School Sports 2017 American Family Insurance ALL-USA New Jersey Football Team (1st team Defense). As Senior made 84 tackles for a defense that lacked the supporting cast he had in 2016. He had 26 tackles for loss —   all while most teams ran in the opposite direction. He had 11 sacks, 18 quarterback pressures, four tipped passes, one interception, three forced fumbles and a blocked punt.

Lamar Price   DL   6'1   265   Lindenwold, NJ / Sterling   
2nd Team All South Jersey (Off OL and Def), Played three sports (football, wrestling and track) at Sterling High School… placed sixth in states and was a region champion and two-time district champion in wrestling

Pryce Bouchard   OL   6'1   265   Gloversville, NY / Gloversville   
Selected to the All-Star first team, 2017 Section II Class A all-star team 2nd team offense, 2016 Northwest Division all-star second team on offense

Kenny Cockerill   DL   6'1   265   Turnersville, NJ / Washington Twp.   
Top DL recruit. Earned All-South Jersey honors… a two-time All-Conference selection (all-conference second-team)
Sorry for quoting this long chain of Rowan posts (I'm just a die-hard and love posting about my Profs).  Likewise, I like to see my current commentary against early season posts.  The older posts were meant to highlight the top recruits and newcomers for the Profs.  The early season "top recruit" was Jake Krellin, but sadly he was off the roster shortly after the season started and we never got to see him make any impact for the Profs.  Not sure what happened there.  Now that the dust has settled, I would say the Offensive Rookie of the Year was either Tom Kane or Jeff DeJean, both OL both rookies played many games on the OL through out the season.  For example, Kane played a ton of snaps in the week 1 win over Widener.  On defense, my vote for Rookie of the Year goes to Sunny Tapp.  Tapp wasn't even on the radar early in the season because he showed up on the roster weeks into the season.  Early in the season, Coach Accorsi mentioned that player retention was a goal of his, and it appears the current roster has a higher retention rate than prior seasons.  Below I highlight game action and stats for the players listed in the following chain. The guy who turned in the biggest impact was Elijah "Showtime" Rehm. 

Matt Gray, FR - no action
Thomas Kane, FR - 8 GP
Kyle Murphy, FR - off roster before season started
Nick Maniero, FR - 3 GP, 1 Rush, 3 yds
Jake Schillinger, FR - 7 GP, 3 Tckls
CJ Barrett, FR - no action
Naji Hart, FR - 7 GP, 1 Tckl
Elijah Rehm, Transfer - Game Changer, 10 GP, 44 Rec, 508 yds, 3 TDs
Abu Kaikai, FR - 3 GP
Kazmere Sturgis - 3 GP, 3 Rec, 36 yds
Jacquey Mendez - 6 GP, 1 Rec, 3 yds
Jake Krellin, FR - off roster
Lamar Price - 5 GP, 2 Tckls
Pryce Bouchard, FR - 1 GP
Kenny Cockerill, FR - 2 GP, 2 Tckls
Go Rowan!

Swish3

Holy crap. Just read local paper about CNU recruiting class. Wow! That's all I can say.....wow! I know you have to wait to see how things turn out, but this very possibly could be the best recruiting class in CNU history.

This is where it all starts...seems like a great job by the coaching staff, but everything still has to fall into place, as you said.

rams1102

Quote from: Swish3 on February 11, 2019, 10:52:36 AM

This is where it all starts...seems like a great job by the coaching staff, but everything still has to fall into place, as you said.

Nice job starting out with North Central. Playing top competition only makes you better and a bigger pain in the Butt for the rest on us NJAC Teams. I hope my Red Hawks can be respectable this year. Good Luck.
It ain't over till it's over, and when you get to the fork in the road, take it.

CNU85

Quote from: rams1102 on February 12, 2019, 01:07:07 PM

Nice job starting out with North Central. Playing top competition only makes you better and a bigger pain in the Butt for the rest on us NJAC Teams. I hope my Red Hawks can be respectable this year. Good Luck.

Thanks man.....I prefer to play tough schedules. That's why I love being in NJAC. Every week is a challenge.

RowanPhan

Apart from Football, does anyone here follow their Uni's baseball team?  I know there is a baseball forum, but it's relatively dead. If not... I'll keep my posts strictly to football on here.
Go Rowan!

CNU85

Quote from: RowanPhan on February 12, 2019, 03:27:25 PM
Apart from Football, does anyone here follow their Uni's baseball team?  I know there is a baseball forum, but it's relatively dead. If not... I'll keep my posts strictly to football on here.

I follow CNU. Only played 2 games so far. 2-0. Ranked. How are the Profs looking? (We should probably go to baseball boards even if in diff conference).

thewaterboy

Quote from: CNU85 on February 12, 2019, 01:34:57 PM

Thanks man.....I prefer to play tough schedules. That's why I love being in NJAC. Every week is a challenge.
Do you know if its a home and home? North Central and the city of Naperville is a really cool place. I went out there for Wesley's 2015 game with NCC. A 50-49 victory. Joe Callahan took the offense 94 yards in the remaining 2:07 to secure the dramatic victory.

CNU85

Quote from: thewaterboy on February 13, 2019, 12:53:41 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on February 12, 2019, 01:34:57 PM

Do you know if its a home and home? North Central and the city of Naperville is a really cool place. I went out there for Wesley's 2015 game with NCC. A 50-49 victory. Joe Callahan took the offense 94 yards in the remaining 2:07 to secure the dramatic victory.

I'm not sure.  I hope so. Perhaps I could make another road trip in 2020. But my record of going to CNU road games is horrible. 

thewaterboy

Wesley recruiting in Florida per Twitter. Nice to see them expand their radius!

https://twitter.com/_thedub_/status/1096495095010996224

RowanPhan

Quote from: thewaterboy on February 17, 2019, 12:52:56 AM
Wesley recruiting in Florida per Twitter. Nice to see them expand their radius!

https://twitter.com/_thedub_/status/1096495095010996224
Now that's scary.  Wesley already does a great job with out of state recruits.

In regards to Rowan, I can't believe 95% of Rowan's roster comes from NJ while the campus is located so close to both PA and DE are both so close to campus.
Go Rowan!

Pat Coleman

Do Pennsylvania and Delaware get in-state tuition?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.