WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on April 09, 2015, 05:22:54 PM
Goucher announced it's new coach: bit.ly/1cf8NIS

And now there's only 1 Landmark bball head coach opening.

saratoga

Or, so we thought/hoped/wished.

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

More Landmark change: Etown HC(2013-14) and co-HC(2015)Sherri Gorman will not be returning in order to devote time to the family business, according to a source; co-HC Nolt will be interim HC as Etown replaces AD this year, causing HC choice to be deferred for another year. I thought Coach Gorman did a very good job this year and they have a lot of playing time returning next year.

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on April 09, 2015, 05:22:54 PM
Goucher announced it's new coach: bit.ly/1cf8NIS

Coach Daniel "officially" starts @ Goucher 1 August. So, Dave, when I run into Coach Daniel at the AAU tourneys in July, who is he representing - Pitt-Bradford or Goucher? How does that work?

Pat Coleman

I'm sure it means he's just not getting paid. Are they both 10-month positions? Because I saw Tom Rose officially starts Aug. 1 as well.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Yeah - starting Aug. 1, but that doesn't mean coaches don't work at their new locations before their official start dates.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Scranton assistant Sheila Cook named Head Coach(Alvernia) today; now missing 3 of 4 basketball coaching positions; last one - turn out the lights.

saratoga

Old Toby is just biding his time.
In his mind he's got till Oct. to fill the positions.
The fact that some college seniors that had been recruited might like to know whom their coach might be is inconsequential.
One can only hope that this ridiculous delay in naming the new women's head coach is because they are just working out the contractual language and second interviews for a select few have just been completed.
If they delay this long & then name the interim coach as the "new" head coach, then they are even more clueless than most people think.

saratoga

There are now 3 days left to the semester plus finals next week.
Will the new coach be given the courtesy & opportunity to meet the returning players?
The season has been over since early March & rather than get their act together earlier, have the interviews through late March & early April, name the coach, let he or she meet the players, the media & work on securing an assistant coach, they wait until the last possible moment to make the call.
How predictably chaotic & disorganized.

saratoga

Well, one half of the equation is complete.
DK will not be back as head coach of the Lady Royals.
She's just accepted the girl's varsity b-ball head coaching job at Abington Heights HS just outside of Scranton. A very good school with a great tradition.
Certainly wish her well.
Hopefully, the new coach at Scranton can now be named.
I don't think Duke will take this long to name the successor to Coach K!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I posted this earlier... IN THE WRONG BOARD! Sorry about that:

Scranton will be hiring a new coach... someday. Klingsman has accepted a high school coaching job: http://thetimes-tribune.com/sports/klingman-leaves-uofs-for-abington-heights-girls-job-1.1885441. Behind the scenes sounds like this was a mess... but who knows at this point.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on May 21, 2015, 12:56:20 PM
I posted this earlier... IN THE WRONG BOARD! Sorry about that:

Scranton will be hiring a new coach... someday. Klingsman has accepted a high school coaching job: http://thetimes-tribune.com/sports/klingman-leaves-uofs-for-abington-heights-girls-job-1.1885441. Behind the scenes sounds like this was a mess... but who knows at this point.

I wonder what "internal restructuring at the University" is going on; hopefully, the unsuccessful effort yesterday to contact the AD will become successful today.

saratoga

Dave:
Why not get a start on the 2015/16 edition of Hoopsville & bug Toby day & night to explain why the process is taking this long.
Truly a study of how to run a dysfunctional system.
Now the story is about who didn't get the job rather than who is.
Take your time, the recruits are already lost for this year....and I'm sure the new coach is very impressed with your decisiveness.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I would if I cared... I have already seen several dysfunctional job searches across the country this year (don't ask me to name them)... so I am at the point of just rolling my eyes. It is their bed to lie in... but it will be something we will certainly discuss next year or the year after if the residual affects are clear.