WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

scranton game and other mens game aren't working for me...is it just me?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

Unfortunately, I'm snowed in but the Lady Royals game worked perfectly for me.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on March 02, 2018, 09:00:39 PM

Unfortunately, I'm snowed in but the Lady Royals game worked perfectly for me.

Guess it's good I didn't try to make it.

saratoga

Better safe than sorry.

Today should be a nice day for a road trip & it's always a nice day for a win!

How ironic will it be if Bridgett ends up breaking the all-time Scranton 3 point shooting record against the very same player that's held it all these years... Cabrini coach Kate P.?

Of all the great Lady Royal players that have come & gone & been a part of these records, to think that the changing of the guard just may happen under these circumstances is pretty neat & statistically, pretty improbable.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on March 03, 2018, 01:53:40 AM

Better safe than sorry.

Today should be a nice day for a road trip & it's always a nice day for a win!

How ironic will it be if Bridgett ends up breaking the all-time Scranton 3 point shooting record against the very same player that's held it all these years... Cabrini coach Kate P.?

Of all the great Lady Royal players that have come & gone & been a part of these records, to think that the changing of the guard just may happen under these circumstances is pretty neat & statistically, pretty improbable.

Kate is such a competitor that her game plan today will be to prevent Bridgette from making any 3-pt attempts.  ::)

saratoga

Wish the Lady Royals would play their games at 7:00 like Bowdoin does.

Gives people a chance to get things done on a Sat. then head to the game.

Obviously, game times are not dictated by the NCAA as Bowdoin plays at 7:00 & even Amherst is at 6:00.

ronk

NCAA dictates a range of starting times: no earlier than 5 PM, no later than 8.

Rofrog

Great thing that came out of this game against Cabrini today was take Bridget out and other players stepped up.Great win Lady Royals Team effort.

saratoga

Well then, realize Scranton is like LA, they like the later starting times.

Two years ago the Elite 8 game vs. Tufts was at 3 & half the students were still lost at the parade.
They may have actually found their way home by 7.  ;)

In all seriousness, who would have ever thought that a team loaded with freshmen & sophomores & coming off the graduation of two All-Americans would be able to be in the position these kids are in??

Survive & advance.

An ugly win is still far better than a pretty loss.

ronk

From the bracket seeding, the Lady Royals should be hosting the sectional(Messiah-Bowdoin > 500 miles, leaving only Scranton and Tufts to host) facing a foe(Bowdoin) from those back-to back years of 2004 & 2005. The 2005 game in Scranton was perhaps the finest D3 women's game I've seen, considering the opponent and the importance(Elite 8). We'll find out tomorrow.

NEPAFAN

a little juice in the long center , congrats
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Nepafan:Can you imagine next weekend if Scranton host Packed house!Ronk,toga The four host for next week Amherst,Thomas More,Scranton and Wartburg what do you think?

ronk

It'll be Hope instead of Thomas More.

Rofrog

Dave good call on Thomas More I thought Juniata would have at least gave them a game!(Wow)

Rofrog

Just in Scranton to host this weekend.