MBB: United East Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, January 21, 2005, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

D3Hoops announced this year's All American Teams prior to Saturday's National Championship Game.

Corey McAdam from Nazareth was named to the second team. He was the only player from the East region who was honored. I was surprised that David Golembiowski of SUNYIT was not on the list anywhere. The Preseason All American list had Golembiowski on the 4th team and McAdam on the list of honorable mention players. After the year Golembiowski and SUNYIT had I fail to see why he was omitted from the post season all american awards.

No surprise for the Player of the Year honors as junior guard Steve Djurickovic of Carthage College won that award. Good chance he'll win it next year as well.

Here is the link to see the complete list:

http://www.d3hoops.com/all-american/menallam10.htm

magicman

DIII News publication has announced their All American teams today.

Tyler Sanborn of Guilford was named as the Player of the Year

Corey McAdam of Nazareth was named to the 4th team

David Golembiowski of SUNYIT was named to the 4th team

Honorable Mention
Chris Ruiz of Plattsburgh State
Brian Beckford Oneonta State
Josh Sharlow of St. Lawrence
Keith Hack Medaille

Here is a link for the complete list:

http://www.smallcollegehoops.com/Home_files/D3NAATeam10.pdf

buck1053

Anybody know anything about the new coach at Keuka? Seems like his only head coaching experience is as a freshman coach. Interesting choice. Just looking for some insight.

haterinthehouse

Obviously wasn't going to be the new coach at Rhodes.

bballfan44

Just wanted to let everyone know that the NEAC has come out with a new website, ( www.neacsports.com )   it looks good.  Now only if the teams could look as good as there website.

Buck,

I am alittle surprised with the coaching pick at Keuka,  I figured they would have choosen someone who atleast new the area.   THe hard part for Keuka is recruiting enough talent to play there and compete against the rest of the New York teams.  New York is a tough place to recruit because of the amount of D3 schools.   I mean Keuka has to compete with all the rochester schools (Naz, Fisher, RIT, U of R) plus all the state schools.  With money being an issue for parents alot of kids will be going to state schools.   But maybe this guy is a good X and O kind of guys and can take the low level players and turn them to stars by the time there JR or SR. 

bballfan44

magicman

D3hoops released their preseason All-American teams today. Only East region player to get mentioned is Dave Golembiowski from SUNYIT who was named to the 4th team. Golembiowski surpassed the 1500 point mark last season and will most likely be one of the few players to top the 2000 point total for his career.

Here's the link to the complete list:  http://d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/men/preseason-2011

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CCHoopster

Anyone think Harrisburg can win it all up in NY for the conference tourney? I saw them versus some local MAC teams here in PA and thought they were really good.

phillipst

The NEAC actually has three teams that are playing really good basketball right now.  Wells has won 9 of 10 tens games todate and Morrisville is really talented as well not to mention already beat Harrisburg.  Then they will be playing the games in the comfort of their own gym.  Gallaudet has the talent to win games as well.  The NEAC tournament will definitely be up for grabs.  Will be some really good games!!!

CCHoopster

Quote from: phillipst on February 13, 2012, 09:50:52 AM
The NEAC actually has three teams that are playing really good basketball right now.  Wells has won 9 of 10 tens games todate and Morrisville is really talented as well not to mention already beat Harrisburg.  Then they will be playing the games in the comfort of their own gym.  Gallaudet has the talent to win games as well.  The NEAC tournament will definitely be up for grabs.  Will be some really good games!!!

I only saw Harrisburg since there are a few MAC teams they played here in Harrisburg but did venture to see them play last week versus Gallaudet. Gallaudet didnt deserve to be on the same floow. Seems like a lot of athletes in your conference. Good luck to all NEAC teams. Wells beast Mville by 20 i just saw and Harrisburg beat them so this should be a great weekend of basketball for you. When is the NEAC tourney?

phillipst

There are a lot of athletes in the conference and some very good basketball.  Anyone can win in the conference on any given night and it is what makes the NEAC so much fun.  The tournament is February 21st with one Tuesday night play in game and the that weekend is the four remaining teams vying for the NEAC automatic bid.  Should be a really good tournament.

magicman

Posting the NCAA matchups for the East Region Teams:

The East region comes out smelling roses as Hartwick, Hobart and NYU all recieve a Pool C bid to the dance. The following eight teams from the East Region are all dancing:

Oswego State--Ithaca--Skidmore--Medaille--Morrisville State--Hobart--Hartwick--NYU

Oswego State as I thought gets to host a first round pod with their opponent being the Endicott Gulls who won the Commonwealth Coast Conference Championship in the Northeast Region and got a Pool A bid.

Medaille, winners of the AMCC conference will take on Eastern Connecticut who won the Little East Conference from the Northeast Region, in the other  game at the Oswego site. So all four teams in the Oswego pod were Pool A winners

Hartwick in a bit of a surprise also gets to host a first round pod as they will take on Farmingdale State from the Atlantic Region. The Rams were the winners of the Skyline conference championship.

The other game at Hartwick will feature the #3 ranked team in the country the MIT Engineers. MIT was the champion of the NEWMAC conference and they will take on the winners of the Liberty League, the Skidmore Thoroughbreds.

Ithaca who won the Empire 8 championship will travel to Staten Island to take on the Saten Island Dolphins,from the Atlantic region and winners of the CUNYAC championship. The other game in that pod will have two Northeast Region schools squaring off as Rhode Island College takes on Salem State. Rhode Island College from the Little East Conference received a Pool C bid, while Salem State won the MASCAC championship. 

Hobart will travel to Radnor Pa. home of the #6 ranked Cabrini Cavaliers. The Statesmen will face off against Ohio Wesleyan University who received an at large bid from the Great Lakes Region. The Battling Bishops finished in third place in the North Coast Athletic Conference and bring a 20-7 record into the dance. Host Cabrini will play Castleton State who won the North Atlantic Coference Championship, in the Northeast Region.

NYU a Pool C winner will host the Misericordia Cougars in a first round game. The Cougars, winners of the Middle Atlantic Conference-Freedom are making their first trip ever to the NCAA tournament. The winner of this game will travel to Amherst for a 2nd round matchup. The Lord Jeffs were one of the two teams that received a first round bye. (The other team was Virginia Wesleyan)

The Morrisville State Mustangs, winners of the NEAC championship are making their first appearance in the NCAA tournamnet and will travel to the Middlebury Panthers and face the 4th ranked team in the country.

I don't see a lot of wins here for the East Region. Oswego is a double digit favorite in their matchup against Endicott. NYU will be favored by about 8 points against Misericordia and Hartwick is a slight favorite (5 points) against Farmingdale State.  Morrisville State is a 25 point underdog, while Medaille, and Skidmore are both about 10 point underdogs. Ithaca (+7) and Hobart (+3) won't be favored either but upset possibilities are there.   Good Luck to all the teams from our region.

Reserved Seat

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Reserved Seat on January 12, 2016, 10:50:18 AM
No comments on LBC

Wow first post on this board in nearly four years and it's " no comments" !!!!!!! :o