D3 Championship Belt

Started by Just Bill, January 24, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Bill

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 13, 2018, 03:22:17 AM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 12, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: lmitzel on March 12, 2018, 10:00:48 AM
The map is updated. I tried to put a pin on 742 Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield somewhere in the US, but sadly as far as I can tell, none exist. :(

Quote from: mailsy on March 10, 2018, 10:25:46 PM
Springfield takes The BeltTM to Salem for the last time.

Barring The BeltTM going to the ODAC and ending up in their conference tournament (unless Salem is losing that too).

Nope... not losing that tournament. Also remember, the women's final four is going to Roanoke College next year.

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 12, 2018, 12:03:48 PM
Bill, how does The BeltTM react to spam in ItsTM thread?

Let's give this a little bit more just due. I support the idea of an entire DIII team being put together for the TBT. Best way to let people know and try and drive support is these boards along with social media. Do you complain when I post updates about Hoopsville or in the past our fundraising efforts on the boards? :)

I didn't mind his posting it in all of the conference rooms. But this room? Really?

This is why I've tried to impose the "Must Read from Page 1 before posting rule" for all first time posters.
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 13, 2018, 08:24:30 AM

I imagine it's because there's steady and consistent traffic here.  It's all about eyeballs.

Yes, but they're the eyeballs of crazy people.

The only GoFundMe projects to which we'd be likely to donate are sac's Help Me Start A Mascot Picture Archive fund; the fund that's helping us locate the AWOL Wash U fan who used to do such a nice job of photoshopping The BeltTM onto pictures of players whose teams were BeltTM holders; and, of course, defraying Bill's annual glue gun and baubles expenses.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 13, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

I imagine it's because there's steady and consistent traffic here.  It's all about eyeballs.

I was going to go with "cultists," but I'm not sure whether that would be an insult to us or not. :P

Quote from: Just Bill on March 13, 2018, 10:51:14 AM
The map is updated. I tried to put a pin on 742 Evergreen Terrace in a Springfield somewhere in the US, but sadly as far as I can tell, none exist. :(

Barring The BeltTM going to the ODAC and ending up in their conference tournament (unless Salem is losing that too).

Nope... not losing that tournament. Also remember, the women's final four is going to Roanoke College next year.

Let's give this a little bit more just due. I support the idea of an entire DIII team being put together for the TBT. Best way to let people know and try and drive support is these boards along with social media. Do you complain when I post updates about Hoopsville or in the past our fundraising efforts on the boards? :)

I didn't mind his posting it in all of the conference rooms. But this room? Really?

This is why I've tried to impose the "Must Read from Page 1 before posting rule" for all first time posters.

I appreciate that you didn't impose that rule even though I did retroactively go back to get up to date (which was about 110 pages worth at the time)... though that was probably an enforcement of the rule in its own way. :)
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

mailsy

That's a WHOLE lot of reading!  :o But I agree. It should be a requirement. We should get it in the frequently asked questions and terms of service agreement.  ;D
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Flying Dutch Fan

Quote from: lmitzel on March 13, 2018, 11:59:10 AM
I appreciate that you didn't impose that rule even though I did retroactively go back to get up to date (which was about 110 pages worth at the time)... though that was probably an enforcement of the rule in its own way. :)

I believe the rule is truly unnecessary.  A single glimpse at this page and the shear glory of The BeltTM instills a thirst in the human soul that can only be quenched by consuming every available iota of ItsTM history.
2016, 2020, 2022 MIAA Pick 'Em Champion

"Sports are kind of like passion and that's temporary in many cases, but academics - that's like true love and that's enduring." 
John Wooden

"Blame FDF.  That's the default.  Always blame FDF."
goodknight

kiko

I was going to go with "cultists," but I'm not sure whether that would be an insult to us or not. :P

I lean more toward "enthusiasts".  It's basically a way of saying "cultish, crazy people" in mixed company.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: mailsy on March 13, 2018, 12:28:47 PM

That's a WHOLE lot of reading!  :o But I agree. It should be a requirement. We should get it in the frequently asked questions and terms of service agreement.  ;D

Better yet, we could go beyond that by creating this room's own FAQ and TAS, getting the Legal WeaselsTM to copyright the term "Terms of Service", and then we could force Pat to pay royalties on his own website.

Quote from: Flying Dutch Fan on March 13, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

I believe the rule is truly unnecessary.  A single glimpse at this page and the shear glory of The BeltTM instills a thirst in the human soul that can only be quenched by consuming every available iota of ItsTM history.

Dilly, dilly!

Quote from: kiko on March 13, 2018, 03:58:31 PM

I lean more toward "enthusiasts".  It's basically a way of saying "cultish, crazy people" in mixed company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-sV-O2-jCY
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

sac

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 13, 2018, 05:19:50 PM

I suddenly feel as if it may be difficult for me to walk away from this board.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: sac on March 13, 2018, 09:52:42 PM

It's ok Michael...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU
Wait... does anyone actually know what The BeltTM gets up to when It'sTM not deciding what team It'd TM like to hang out with? *imagines a scene in which some other trophy wakes up to find a silver handle in it's bed*
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

kiko

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: sac on March 13, 2018, 09:52:42 PM

You're free to go whenever you like, of course, but first, one question: why would you want to?
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Gregory Sager

It basically only meant being moved from one Salem, VA hotel room to another -- or, I'd like to think, one Salem, VA armored car to another -- but Nebraska Wesleyan's win over Springfield in yesterday's semifinal means that the Prairie Wolves get to carry The BeltTM into the Salem Civic Center tonight as they put ItTM on the line (as well as the chance to possess that other, lesser object made of wood and metal) against UW-Oshkosh in today's national championship game.

sac

Nebraska Wesleyan  78  UW-Oshkosh 72

All the Glory!!!!

2017-18  Dam BeltTM Path
3-18-17  Babson
11-19-17  Endicott
11-26-17  Endicott Middlebury
12-29-17  York(Pa)
1-20-18  Mary Washington
2-10-18  Wesley
2-17-18  Frostburg State
2-20-18  Mary Washington
2-22-18  Christopher Newport
2-24-18  York(Pa)
3-3-18  Hamilton
3-9-18  Springfield
3-16-18  Nebraska Wesleyan

lmitzel

Map is up to date, which really only involved switching the color under Nebraska Wesleyan from light blue to that... shade of brown I intended to have be close to walnut but I feel like isn't the greatest approximation, but oh well.

Sometime this offseason I'll try to go through all of this and put markers for each category that applies to each individual school. In the meantime, may The BeltTM enjoy its summer in eastern Nebraska and a fall spent at Memorial Stadium taunting the Nebraska-Lincoln football team with a prize they could never hope to capture.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE