FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Nearly another four hours of silence on the boards so it must be time for Pep to tell a story. Pep wants to know which the E8Nation would like to hear from Pep's pocketful of stories:
--Pep's "Scolding" from (the legendary) Coach Alex Yunevich
--Pep's "Rudy Experience"
--Pep's first job out of college takes him nowhere
--Pep's attendance at a Library Support Staff Workshop in Ithaca
--Pep's "Reply to All" when the source of this week's Herrick Library two-time sewage back-up was revealed (this one is still fresh!)
--Pep's most recent gaseous encounter with former AU football player turned Habitat team member
--Pep's visit to AU's Newswriting Class last week for a "personality profile" interview
--Pep's three picks in Sunday's Habitat/Pep Band Football Game in the Snow

This just scratches the surface. Any requests?

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Tags

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 05, 2007, 09:00:27 PM
Nearly another four hours of silence on the boards so it must be time for Pep to tell a story. Pep wants to know which the E8Nation would like to hear from Pep's pocketful of stories:
--Pep's "Reply to All" when the source of this week's Herrick Library two-time sewage back-up was revealed (this one is still fresh!)
--Pep's most recent gaseous encounter with former AU football player turned Habitat team member
--Pep's visit to AU's Newswriting Class last week for a "personality profile" interview

This is Tags' vote --- for some reason this just sounds cool

Plus, when I am a night owl and it's ridiculously late / early, I often wish Pep could zip up some of his famous Library coffee!

maxpower

Quote from: Tags on December 05, 2007, 08:50:13 PM
LD, +k for a great post back there. I won't quote it, but I'm behind that 100% - The coaches were stubborn all game, and made poor decisions the entire game (there seem to be a theme with that? Last year they got in deep and threw when they were running, and this year they ran when they were having success throwing... we won't bring up the end of the Hartwick game... oops) --- Stop hating Jackson for making a mistake, I think it was a screw you coach thing just as much as a screw you & your big purple band thing, LD is right. That was the first time they went to Jackson all year, and he produced (recall the first play of the game, and the shot he took on that pass deep in MUC territory and still hung onto the ball).

Fisher coaches need to take notes from Welch & Co. and learn how to do more with less... or perhaps from LK himself, the guy who turns close games at the half into second half blowouts (Fisher doesn't believe in 2nd half adjustments... or maybe they don't know have the ability)

I'll tell you something else, the team went nuts when he came over to the sideline - While Faggiano was yelling at him (deflecting the fact that he can't come up with something to hold MUC under 1,014 yards rushing per contest), Jackson walked into a sea of hugs & smiles... what's that tell you?

Get off his n*tz.

It tells me that Fisher had their first decent season less than five years ago. I believe it was FA91 himself who chastised MUC posters with "act like you've been there before".

Tags

Max, I've officially labeled you as smug - let it go dood.

superman57

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 05, 2007, 09:00:27 PM

I'm currious
Quote from: Tags on October 10, 2007, 10:59:38 PM
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Poor grammar and horrible spelling... it's just how he rolls.

Tags

'57, somehow I knew you'd gravitate to that one

maxpower

Quote from: Tags on December 05, 2007, 09:06:48 PM

Hey, I'm not the one "officially labeling" people.

Look, I'm not really trying to make a point about Fisher. I just don't understand people actually DEFENDING Jackson for that crap. I mean, there are more important battles to be fought here.

AUPepBand

Library Workshop at Ithaca

Pep drove three co-workers (one from Herrick, the other two from the other AU library) in an AU van (not the Pep Bandwagon) to Ithaca for a 9:30 a.m. workshop on customer service for library support staff from among both academic and public libraries in the South Central Region. During the presentation, participants were asked to write down their worst experience working in the library, and their proudest moment.

Later in the session, the presenters read from among the worst experiences. One lady who works at a public library said that there's a weird fellow (developmentally disabled) who follows her around the library....rubbing himself. Others offered suggestions on how she could handle the situation.

Somewhat later in the discussion, Pep's "worst experience" was read. It involved a professor who became frustrated that we couldn't find the book she wanted and instead of helping us gather the necessary information, just stormed out of the library muttering something under her breath, leaving us unable to help her.

After others had offered ways they might have handled the situation, I told the group (the majority of which were women) that the experience hadn't reocurred. "I think I solved it when I followed her all over campus, rubbing myself."

Incidentally, while returning to the session after getting my lunch from the van atop the parking garage, Pep heard his name called as Pep was crossing the street. Sure enough, one of Pep Jr.'s high school classmates saw Pep and said hello.

Tags

Quote from: maxpower on December 05, 2007, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: Tags on December 05, 2007, 09:06:48 PM

Hey, I'm not the one "officially labeling" people.

Look, I'm not really trying to make a point about Fisher. I just don't understand people actually DEFENDING Jackson for that crap. I mean, there are more important battles to be fought here.

B/c uptight types keep hammering him - Cut him some slack, he probably only did it because Fisher hasn't had a decent season before 5 years ago.

superman57

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 05, 2007, 09:14:16 PM

"I think I solved it when I followed her all over campus, rubbing myself."

is that what you did at fisher :)

just kidding +k as I got a nice chuckle out of that

tags, you know me too well,
You're the only dood on the board that doesn't know & accept that '57 can't spell.

Tags

Quote from: AUPepBand on December 05, 2007, 09:14:16 PM

After others had offered ways they might have handled the situation, I told the group (the majority of which were women) that the experience hadn't reocurred. "I think I solved it when I followed her all over campus, rubbing myself."

Incidentally, while returning to the session after getting my lunch from the van atop the parking garage, Pep heard his name called as Pep was crossing the street. Sure enough, one of Pep Jr.'s high school classmates saw Pep and said hello.

Pep that's classic. +k ... that's going in the profile.

AUPepBand

"Reply To All"

There's been some water problems at the newly renovated Herrick Library this week. On two separate occasions, toilets have overflowed, first in the women's restroom over the weekend, then the men's room Tuesday.

Pep arrived at work today to see AU Physical Plant workers outside obviously searching for the source of Herrick's water woes.

An hour later, the entire staff was sent an e-mail by the library director, which read as follows:

DIRECTOR: Thought you might be interested to hear how our sewer got backed up twice this week...

PHYSICAL PLANT SPOKESMAN: Our guys snaked a tee shirt out of the sewer line after I talked to you and I'm confident that was the problem that caused both events. How it got there is anybody's guess but we have found stranger things.

Pep replied to all, "Has anyone seen my brown Habitat tee-shirt?"

pg04

Quote from: maxpower on December 05, 2007, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: Tags on December 05, 2007, 08:50:13 PM
LD, +k for a great post back there. I won't quote it, but I'm behind that 100% - The coaches were stubborn all game, and made poor decisions the entire game (there seem to be a theme with that? Last year they got in deep and threw when they were running, and this year they ran when they were having success throwing... we won't bring up the end of the Hartwick game... oops) --- Stop hating Jackson for making a mistake, I think it was a screw you coach thing just as much as a screw you & your big purple band thing, LD is right. That was the first time they went to Jackson all year, and he produced (recall the first play of the game, and the shot he took on that pass deep in MUC territory and still hung onto the ball).

Fisher coaches need to take notes from Welch & Co. and learn how to do more with less... or perhaps from LK himself, the guy who turns close games at the half into second half blowouts (Fisher doesn't believe in 2nd half adjustments... or maybe they don't know have the ability)

I'll tell you something else, the team went nuts when he came over to the sideline - While Faggiano was yelling at him (deflecting the fact that he can't come up with something to hold MUC under 1,014 yards rushing per contest), Jackson walked into a sea of hugs & smiles... what's that tell you?

Get off his n*tz.

It tells me that Fisher had their first decent season less than five years ago. I believe it was FA91 himself who chastised MUC posters with "act like you've been there before".

Well I wouldn't use anything FA91 has to say as gospel.

superman57

yes, but everything that I say should be taken as gospel because I am a god

pg04

If that's the case then maybe it's all of us who have been mispelling all along!  :o