FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcozenlaw

Zero - Do you have the time and location of the Green & Gold scrimmage and do you know if they are scrimmaging Ursinus again the following Saturday?

PBR...

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on August 10, 2012, 06:57:09 PM
Zero - Do you have the time and location of the Green & Gold scrimmage and do you know if they are scrimmaging Ursinus again the following Saturday?

Gordon probably knows or can find out

ZeroMischief

My kid told me last night that the Green & Gold game is at 2:00 on the game field this Saturday.  The Ursinus scrimmage is the following Friday night at 7:00pm at Ursinus College.

jmcozenlaw

Thanks ZM. On another note, I know that it's only been a few days but any word from your son about any freshman, transfers that could make an impact right away? I heard something about a transfer from Stevenson giving Wilmer another weapon and two big transfers on the defensive line.

ZeroMischief

As far as I could tell, the receiving corps are all returning players.  I saw no new faces on the D-line, either.  I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

bill

By the way, did anyone watch the Stevenson football facility video? WOW.  I don't know how anyone in the conference is going to able to compete...it's borderline funny, the facilities are so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-I6QpButII&feature=player_embedded

it's scary.....
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

PBR...

Quote from: bill on August 21, 2012, 09:27:57 AM
By the way, did anyone watch the Stevenson football facility video? WOW.  I don't know how anyone in the conference is going to able to compete...it's borderline funny, the facilities are so good.

it's scary.....

It's the way of the future Bill....It started in D-I and has been trickling down to the smaller schools for years now. Look at what RPI put in, Stevenson has this facility, there are numerous others either in or planned. There are talks/murmur's of DVC putting in a new athletic complex. Basically it's going to force schools to compete. They will have to dig deep as well to pay for these facilities. Going to need some big fundraisers with alumni or have a couple alumni write very big checks. Yes it's kinda sad in a way as some schools either don't have the money or will opt to spend money on other things like library/dorms/etc.. and will hurt their program recruiting wise. This initially seemed to start with dorms/libraries/campus facilities and then moved over to sports programs. Stevenson's facilities are impressive and I only see more and more schools going this route. Your going to have to make capital investments in the facilities to be able to compete on a level playing field in the future otherwise teams will become the perennial homecoming opponent for many schools.....

bill

Yes, the arms race is well under way, but I didn't think Stevenson was at the "deep end" of the money pool. I know MD had some incredible deal for higher ed where the state would match funds 1 to 1, without limit!.  There is a similar deal on the ballot for NJ this fall, although I think there is a limit around 40$ million....

I've seen RPI's facilities, and they are incredible. However, I think their endowment might be greater/equal to the entire football playing MAC, combined! (This is off the top of my head....)
"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

dlippiel

it's scary.....

These facilities are amazing! Congrats to the student athletes at Stevenson!

NCF

Quote from: SUADC on August 22, 2012, 06:26:09 AM
Quote from: dlip on August 21, 2012, 08:57:09 PM

it's scary.....

These facilities are amazing! Congrats to the student athletes at Stevenson!

Salisbury definitely took a hit in the recruiting area. Some players chose to go to Stevenson because of facilities alone. I can honestly say, if I was being recruited by Stevenson and some other team with a similar prestige, I would select Stevenson. The facilities gives the athlete that Division 1 atmosphere.

Big props to the Stevenson Program as a whole.
Those facilities are amazing! Definitely gives the feeling of a D1 faciility. Wow!
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

PBR...

Great interview with coach Clements of DVC...They are very deep at a lot of positions. Going to be very strong this season if they take each game head on and don't get caught looking ahead.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/08/22/aggies-poised-for-another-big-year-in-doylestown/

Mitch_Rupert

Hi folks, I cover Lycoming for the Williamsport Sun-Gazette, and I figured since there's not a whole lot of Lyco talk on here but I'm sure others are still interested, that I'd start posting in case anybody had questions about the Warriors.

Here's my story from their scrimmage on Thursday with Franklin & Marshall:

https://www.sungazette.com/page/content.detail/id/582420/Warriors-win-scrimmage-with-Diplomats.html?nav=5017

And here's an earlier feature from last week on new safety Cody Butler:

http://www.sungazette.com/page/blogs.detail/display/1032/Butler-comes-back-home-to-Lycoming.html

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/Mitch_Rupert if you're interested in Lyco updates. Look forward to interacting with everyone.

Mitch Rupert
Williamsport Sun-Gazette

FCGrizzliesGrad

ANYONE INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF THE 2012 TOP 25 FAN POLL:
Please send me a PM with your ballot. I'd like to get a preseason poll up by Thursday night.

During the season ballots shall be due by Tuesdays so I can get them up Tuesday night.

Remember, this is just fun and we aren't part of the BCS Formula... yet ;D
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

TheGrove

Quote from: Mitch_Rupert on August 26, 2012, 12:42:46 AM
Hi folks, I cover Lycoming for the Williamsport Sun-Gazette, and I figured since there's not a whole lot of Lyco talk on here but I'm sure others are still interested, that I'd start posting in case anybody had questions about the Warriors.

Anyone emerging from that crop of sophomore receivers? My cousin is one of them, but I'm not going to tell you who so I get your unvarnished opinion.  ;D

Mitch_Rupert

Quote from: TheGrove on August 26, 2012, 08:06:47 PM
Quote from: Mitch_Rupert on August 26, 2012, 12:42:46 AM

Anyone emerging from that crop of sophomore receivers? My cousin is one of them, but I'm not going to tell you who so I get your unvarnished opinion.  ;D

I really like John Sibel. He's going to see a lot of time, especially if Matt Atkinson is continually dealing with a leg injury that's going to make him miss the first week with Brockport. He's just really solid, I don't know that he doesn't anything exceptionally, but he's just really solid all around.

Scott Houser has seen a lot of time, especially with Atkinson and Jarrin Campman banged up during the scrimmage last week with F&M. There's potential there. I don't know if he's quite ready for a starring role, but he can definitely help this team as a third or fourth receiver.