BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mideastfan

Quote from: mideastfan on March 11, 2008, 09:10:07 PM
it's a late start and they are only in the bottom of the first...Marietta leads 2-0 and has a few runners still on with 2 outs.

http://www.wmoa1490.com/

Edit that...Merryman with a 3-run bomb....Marietta leads 5-0 still in the the first.

Just_Some_Guy

Texas Lutheran 9 - Trinity 8

This one really surprised me, because I honestly thought Trinity would win with Bronson on the bump. His line prior to the game was:

2-1, 1.52 ERA, 27Ks in 23.2 IP and .225 against

Down 7-3 after the first four, TLU fought back 1 in the 5th, 1 in the 7th, and 3 in the 8th.

WP: Travis Staggs 5 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
SV: Robert Conley 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 2 K
LP: Evan Bronson 7 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 11 K

For TLU:
Kyle Harvey 3-5, w 1 RBI
Andrew Femath 2-5, 2 runs
Joseph Brade 1-4, 2 RBI
Jason Foley 1-2, 2 BB
Chris Siniff 2-4, 1 run

For TU:
Stosh Hoover 3-4, 2 runs, 1 2B, 1 3B
Evan Jones 2-3, HR, 3 RBI
Kyle Felix 1-4, HR, 2 RBI

In other ASC news:

UT Dallas is up 9-7 over Marietta in the 6th inning...

JSG

Bman3

Mad props to UT-Dallas and UT-Tyler for coming back against Marietta. Those wins really help the ASC as a whole. Now we need the Indians to leave No Doubt. I know how difficult it is to play tough games between Big Conference series', but lets send em packing beat up and have them wondering how good they really are!

I love seeing all the Etta fans on the national board complaining that they dropped out of the rankings, and that their schedule is "sooo hard." Welcome to the ASC!!! They are losing against most of their good opponents and now are going to run back to ohio with their tail between their legs and beat up on all the teams in their sorry conference.

I am generally not a McMurray Indians fan b/c of what they did to my team and I our freshman year. however, today.........and this weekend i am their biggest supporter!!! GO INDIANS!!!!

old scot

Bman, if you follow the posts, Spence is the only Etta fan singing the blues about the polls and tough schedule.  As been stated before, its more important how you finish the season than start one.

Marietta's tradition speaks for itself. Maybe they don't have the horses this year but, I would not start bashing them after 6 or 7 games. Year in and year out, they seem to find their groove as the season progresses.

Bman3

I have a ton of respect for the Marietta program. Any good team will always have a target on them. I just think that it is funny to already see their fans in a frenzy. I also enjoy seeing my former Conference beat up on them. To give them the benefit of the doubt, we have had the opportunity to play outside more than they have this year.

McMurry just left the bases loaded in the 1st. That might come back to haunt them.

mideastfan2

Quote from: Bman3 on March 12, 2008, 04:37:40 PM
I have a ton of respect for the Marietta program. Any good team will always have a target on them. I just think that it is funny to already see their fans in a frenzy. I also enjoy seeing my former Conference beat up on them. To give them the benefit of the doubt, we have had the opportunity to play outside more than they have this year.

McMurry just left the bases loaded in the 1st. That might come back to haunt them.

I'm glad you have respect for our program...I'm pretty sure we've earned it over the years.  I't's tough to see the guys struggle early this year, but I'm sure they'll come around.  It would be great to play the teams in the ASC in late April or May when all the teams have had a chance to figure out who they are and form an identity...those would be some great match-ups.  Not sure if the outcomes would change, but it'd still be fun.

On a side note......the last time a Marietta team was under .500 after 10 games into the season was the 1999 squad that started 4-6 I believe.  We (yeah, I was lucky to be a part of that team), went on to win the next 40 in a row and end up at the World Series.  Anything can happen when you have a little talent and the right coaching.

Good luck to the ASC teams this season, your league tournament will be a fun one to follow!!

Bman3

40 in a row!!! that must be a record.

Marietta is ahead 4-1 going into the 6th. They have been ahead in every game I believe, now lets see if they can hold it. McMurry will probably stat pulling some of their players pretty soon.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bman3 on March 12, 2008, 06:02:25 PM

Marietta is ahead 4-1 going into the 6th. They have been ahead in every game I believe, now lets see if they can hold it. McMurry will probably stat pulling some of their players pretty soon.
Bottom of the 6th, 2 outs, Derek David hits a 3-run HR to put McMurry ahead 5-4.

HAMBONE

chill out ASC...all these comeback wins against marietta are gone produce some swollen heads!  I guess we'll have to leave it up to CTX to deflate those egos!  Marietta will be much better because of this trip....we all know what your stomach feels like when you feel the momentum swinging and you cant stop the bleeding...they undoubtably will make it a point to learn how to close the door during the remainder of the season....great wins for the asc....great growing pains for the ohio club....great baseball in abilene this week!

Bman3

i left and it was 4-1, i came back and marietta was apparently filling buckets and losing 14-4. Great job INDIANS!!!!

Spence

Quote from: Bman3 on March 12, 2008, 07:29:13 PM
i left and it was 4-1, i came back and marietta was apparently filling buckets and losing 14-4. Great job INDIANS!!!!

Who are these Indians?

Spence

I really want to say some things to bman but I'm not going to because I just don't even want to think about this trip anymore.

Hopefully the coaching staff will be able to perform something like the amazing job they did last year and we'll end up in the Series like we do 2 out of every 3 years. Still a long way to go.

Good luck if and when any of the ASC teams make it to Appleton this year.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Spence on March 12, 2008, 10:10:12 PM
I really want to say some things to bman but I'm not going to because I just don't even want to think about this trip anymore.

Hopefully the coaching staff will be able to perform something like the amazing job they did last year and we'll end up in the Series like we do 2 out of every 3 years. Still a long way to go.

Spence, thanks for Marietta's coming down again this year.

The quality of the field at Driggers is one factor in favor.

I have mentioned the value of this inter-region series.  Marietta should bounce back nicely.  I just hope these games portend of a stronger pitching staff this year.*

*for McMurry.

Spence

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 12, 2008, 10:16:29 PM
Quote from: Spence on March 12, 2008, 10:10:12 PM

Spence, thanks for Marietta's coming down again this year.

The quality of the field at Driggers is one factor in favor.

I have mentioned the value of this inter-region series.  Marietta should bounce back nicely.  I just hope these games portend of a stronger pitching staff this year.

If it's a hot weekend during the conference tournament, y'all are gonna need an extra supply of baseballs!

mideastfan2

Quote from: Bman3 on March 12, 2008, 06:02:25 PM

yep, it was a record, and I believe UT-Tyler may have tied it last year (they won a few to end the 2006 season, then won 37 or so in a row last year), but I'm not sure if they're in the record books or not b/c they were still provisionsal.

Regardless, this year's team just can't find a way to hold a lead...at first it was frustrating, now it's almost laughable from a fan's perspective.  I just hope it doens't become the norm!

I agree with some other posters, that this trip will help our guys play better up north.  The losses will hurt (especially the way they let them slip away), and that should motivate them the rest of the year....we'll see.