BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HAMBONE

As long as Ohio Knows everything is bigger and better in Texas....please go tell all your friends.

HAMBONE

FYI for any of you die hard fans that wanna watch a D3 matchup @ a sweet yard...CTX takes on southwestern @ the Dell Diamond next Monday.  Here is the link.

http://athletics.concordia.edu/article.cfm?newsID=988

HAMBONE

Im not completely convinced this UMHB team is as good as their record says they are (if you havent noticed from past posts)....But as if ranking them nationally wasnt enough to make them feel good about themselves the ASC has recognized Marcuz Volz and R.B. Garza as hitter and Pitcher of the week....I mean I am glad they are having a successful season and I want all those kids to have a great time and have success....but SRSU is 3-14 on the season, those nationaly ranked CRU should have put the beat down on the Lobos....this is a little biased, but I think the ASC should have chosen Justin Beasley (CTX) as west hitter of the week for his performance against TLU during the opening weekend of conference play.....I mean it was the ASC that picked the Bulldogs to win the West division....shouldnt such an upset and an outcome that was directly affected by a FRESHMAN'S performance angainst their own CHOSEN team deserve some Kudos?  just a thought.  I understand they are trying to spread the wealth and give credit where credit is do, but i wouldnt doubt that every team will have a player have a career day against the lobos this season.  here is the link.

HITTERS: Concordia Texas 2B Justin Beasley went 6-for-8 with two homers in two wins against Texas Lutheran. . . .

HAMBONE

sorry here is the link. 

ASC POTW

Modified for formatting -- Thanks for the link.  Ralph Turner

Spence

Quote from: HAMBONE on March 13, 2008, 01:30:04 AM
As long as Ohio Knows everything is bigger and better in Texas....please go tell all your friends.

Come up and play us at Schaly Stadium in late April. Or Appleton in late May. Might be a different ballgame, maybe not.

Congrats to the teams that played well and beat us, but some of you seem like you're getting a little cocky for a conference and state that has a total of 0 Series wins.

Everything's bigger and better in Texas, except the size of the trophy case you'd need to hold all the championships and runners up plaques.

Bman3

Quote from: Spence on March 13, 2008, 08:31:33 AM

Come up and play us at Schaly Stadium in late April. Or Appleton in late May. Might be a different ballgame, maybe not.

Congrats to the teams that played well and beat us, but some of you seem like you're getting a little cocky for a conference and state that has a total of 0 Series wins.

Everything's bigger and better in Texas, except the size of the trophy case you'd need to hold all the championships and runners up plaques.

You knew it was coming HAMBONE, I'm surprised he didn't use it earlier. I would love to hear your rebuttle to that one!

I would love to play those, year in and year out good teams from the North and Northeast later in the year. I think the games would be much more competitive, not saying that the Marietta games were not competitive, but catching those types of teams later in the year would make a very good game. I doubt that will happen just b/c of conference play and all. I think if some of OUR teams would go up there early in the year and play, the colder weather should equal the play out as well. I know that as a player i hated playing and pitching in the cold, it is something Texas players are not as use to.

Good luck to Marietta and we look forward to seeing them bounce back and making the tourney.

Blackcat00

What time is the game against Concordia and Southwestern at the Dell Diamond in Round Rock. Hope a decent crowd will show up.

baseballfan24

chill out ASC...all these comeback wins against marietta are gone produce some swollen heads!  I guess we'll have to leave it up to CTX to deflate those egos!  [/quote]

Hambone,

There are certainly more quotes than this one where you emphatically support your beloved Tornadoes.  That is wonderful and fantastic that you love your school so much.  However, I don't see how it is necessary that you constantly belittle other programs to make yours appear the greatest.  Your so extremely biased that you can barely see it.  Even when you tried to compliment HPU you still insulted them.  I have noticed that you constantly try to put down TLU as well.  I don't recall anyone insulting Concordia last year when they did not make the playoffs.  I feel it is time to take you down a peg or two.

I did some research on the ASC website.  It appears that TLU has won the ASC west 6 out of 7 years that they have been in the ASC.  They have won the conference 3 times in a row (we all know that), and previous to this weekend had beaten your beloved Tornadoes nine times in a row.  Now we all know that your team was the only team in ASC history to make it to the World Series.  Congratulations that is an impressive feat.  I don't see you ever mentioning that you did not even beat TLU that season.  TLU won the series and they won the west.  Concordia was not even the best team in the conference that year.  You played in a regional in Texas and played Trinity (the best team that year) after their tragic event.  I am not discrediting the fact that you won so don't over react.  I am merely tired of you constantly putting down other teams as if Concordia has done something lately.  

Now all the facts are out there.  That 2002 team was good.  That is true and it can't be argued.  They had talent.  Now can you simply support your team without having to tear down other universities' playing abilities.  

CUAfan

First pitch is at 2pm. I'd be there...except I work a night shift from 4-midnight.

On another note, here are the ASC teams ranked by defensive efficiency, with last year's final number afterward (except for HPU and Schreiner...don't remember why I didn't have those...)

1. Texas-Tyler .693 (.698)
2. Mary Hardin-Baylor .693 (.664)
3. Hardin-Simmons .678 (.634)
4. LeTourneau .675 (.644)
5. Ozarks .675 (.674)
6. Texas-Dallas .673 (.655)
7. Concordia-Texas .664 (.667)
8. Mississippi College .659 (.643)
9. McMurry .650 (.646)
10. Howard Payne .636 (N/A)
11. Texas Lutheran .636 (.672)
12. Sul Ross State .629 (.607)
13. East Texas Baptist .629 (.640)
14. Schreiner .607 (N/A)
15. Louisiana College .607 (.648)
Let's go 'Nados!

baseballfan24

quote author=HAMBONE link=topic=5123.msg889926#msg889926 date=1205361197]
thats a big ole park out in the middle of nowhere, anything could happen.  If HPU racks up another 12 errors and kicks it around, there shouldnt be any problem.  they have a new, very young, agressive head coach....but their seasoned assisitant coach ill probably offset any bad decision he tries to make....HPU has had some scrappy teams in the past that were able to make teams play down to their level and giving them the upper hand.  All CTX has to do to come away with the result they want is pitch, play defense, get some timely hitting from their 3-4-5 holes, and play the game one pitch at a time.  Go Nados!
[/quote]

Here is the quote about HPU.

CUAfan

Thought I'd follow the defense numbers with a list of the top 10 pitchers in the ASC so far according to DICE. The point here is to evaluate pitchers separately from the defense behind them, so the formula only includes walks, strikeouts, home runs, and hit batters, since those results derive solely from the interaction of the pitcher and the batter. It does not adjust for park effects, the quality of the opposition, or for groundball/flyball tendencies. All that said, here are the top 10 pitchers, as well as the top pitchers from schools which did not have a player in the top 10.

1. B. Ziegler, UTT - 1.41 (17.0 IP)
2. C. Dixon, UO - 1.68 (22.2 IP)
3. B. Holland, UTT - 1.69 (33.2 IP)
4. R. Garza, UMHB - 1.96 (26.0 IP)
5. K. Barton, HSU - 2.39 (19.2 IP)
6. S. Jutze, LC - 2.45 (11.0 IP)
7. T. Koch, UO - 2.65 (25.2 IP)
8. T. Williams, MC - 2.70 (23.2 IP)
9. C. Curry, MCM - 2.79 (24.0 IP)
10. R. Ortega, SRSU - 2.84 (12.2 IP)
11. M. Cox, UTD - 3.00 (33.0 IP)
13. S. Szkotak, CTX - 3.09 (32.1 IP)
20. L. Nelson, HPU - 3.58 (17.1 IP)
25. K. Jones, SU - 3.87 (27.2 IP)
30. L. Hull, TLU - 4.13 (30.0 IP)
31. T. Stagner, ETBU - 4.22 (24.2 IP)
44. E. Hurta, LETU - 5.36 (25.0 IP)
Let's go 'Nados!

Spence

Quote from: Bman3 on March 13, 2008, 10:57:51 AM
Quote from: Spence on March 13, 2008, 08:31:33 AM

You knew it was coming HAMBONE, I'm surprised he didn't use it earlier. I would love to hear your rebuttle to that one!

I would love to play those, year in and year out good teams from the North and Northeast later in the year. I think the games would be much more competitive, not saying that the Marietta games were not competitive, but catching those types of teams later in the year would make a very good game. I doubt that will happen just b/c of conference play and all. I think if some of OUR teams would go up there early in the year and play, the colder weather should equal the play out as well. I know that as a player i hated playing and pitching in the cold, it is something Texas players are not as use to.

Good luck to Marietta and we look forward to seeing them bounce back and making the tourney.

I really, REALLY tried not to, because it really isn't relevant to what happened this week with these teams and it's not to marginalize that.

Things are what they are and you are the sum total of your experience. The program is and has experienced a lot. This team has not, and hopefully starting today will set a course toward changing that fact. It gets no easier when they go back north, with Transy, Heidelberg, Wooster and Ohio Wesleyan on the schedule after TX Wesleyan.

Blackcat00

CUA fan? are you kidding. Just because you dont win your side of the conference? It most certainly is how you finish. TLU that year was on prevision because they still had guys that were on scholarship, Im taking it you didnt know that? Just like UT Tyler was this past year. SO does that mean TLU cant get any credit about going to the regionals after getting swept by UT TYLER that year. You guys are to nice on here and that makes it boring. Like I said  you have a role and it is a message board, If you dont like what your reading then dont read it, its not that hard of a task, everyone on here is entitled to their opinion. KNow your role!

Blackcat00

And CUA fan are you really a fan or whats your deal? cmon man get out of the toolshed.

CUAfan

What are you talking about, Blackcat00? I haven't even said anything about that whole argument you guys are having...or is that your problem. Are you upset/frustrated/whatever that I'm not arguing vehemently that CTX is the best team in the nation, or about things that happened SIX YEARS AGO?

I hope your statements weren't supposed to be at me, as I didn't do anything to provoke them.
Let's go 'Nados!