MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UWRF

Im hearing conflicting reports Mr. Mayor.... I heard that its been put on hold. I have a friend who works in the rec department at UWRF and he was told YESTERDAY that it WAS NOT included on the biannual budget.  ???

I dont know what to believe.  
Voice of the Jamestown College (ND) Jimmies

UW-River Falls Alum

Follow me on Twitter: @SteveLinzmo

fredfalcon

UWRF--I got a call from the chancellor notifying me about what I said above.
WORLD'S OLDEST FALCON FAN.

MESSAGE TO RECRUITS:  IN DOUBT? ENROLL AT STOUT. DON'T CARE? GO TO EAU CLAIRE. AT A LOSS? TRY LACROSSE. FEELIN' OUTTA JOINT? YOUR PLACE IS POINT. DON'T LIKE THE REST? DO WHAT'S BEST!

GOT BALLS? PLAY FOR THE FALLS!

UWRF

On Sunday, April 3rd, Shane Manor's dunk vs. Hamline will be featured on CBS' Dunks of the Year. The show starts at 2:30pm CST and runs for an hour. Not sure what time Manor's dunk will be on.
Voice of the Jamestown College (ND) Jimmies

UW-River Falls Alum

Follow me on Twitter: @SteveLinzmo

Just Bill

From Twitter:

d3hoops RT @johncasperjr: UW-Eau Claire has called a press conference for 5 pm today regarding it's mens basketball program. #d3h
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Blue Devil Backer

Stout has 11- 12 schedule up already on website

buf

Quote from: Just Bill on March 31, 2011, 03:35:22 PM
From Twitter:

d3hoops RT @johncasperjr: UW-Eau Claire has called a press conference for 5 pm today regarding it's mens basketball program. #d3h

Gibbons is gone (as coach)!!!  About time.

Just Bill

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

hoops2

Coach Gibbons will be missed.  He is one of the true gentlemen of the conference.  Best wishes coach. 

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: hoops2 on April 01, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
He is one of the true gentlemen of the conference.  Best wishes coach. 

I have to agree with you there.  From the perspective of someone who works the scorers table he carried himself well.  I'm sorry to see him go though I didn't know him personally I kind of liked the guy. 

Anyone want to take odds on Lance Randall applying?  ;) :D
"Just think twice is my only advice."

buf

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 01, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
Quote from: hoops2 on April 01, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
He is one of the true gentlemen of the conference.  Best wishes coach. 
Anyone want to take odds on Lance Randall applying?  ;) :D

The EC paper specifically mentioned him as a potential canidate along with 3 or 4 others.

oldgold

Oliver Drake.....good hard working young coach with DIII experiece as an assistant @ UWEC and 6yrs at Wartburg before taking his NAIA DII Ashford team to the National Tourney in his first year this past season.

Just Bill

I'll wager Lance Randall's application was in the AD's inbox before the press conference ended. Eric Gardow would be another interesting candidate. Maybe Paul Combs would like to return to the WIAC?

haterinthehouse

to mention another former assistant: Cam Schuknecht (also a Wartburg guy) was an assistant at EC for one year in the early 2000's and has been a head coach at Nebraska Wesleyan University.

frankiet

Could Jack Bennett make a comeback into the coaching ranks of the WIAC?

Pat Coleman

The last time I heard rumors that Jack Bennett wanted to get back into coaching I gave him a call to see and he said there wasn't anything to them. Considering the jobs that were out there then, I don't think Eau Claire would be one he'd come out of retirement for. He seemed to really be enjoying life.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.