Historic DIII Top 25 Polls

Started by waxx, November 20, 2019, 04:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waxx

Does anyone know where I could access old top 25 polls for D3 football? I can't find any archives on AFCAs website and D3football.com only goes back to 2003. Any other publications or services I should look at?

Pat Coleman

Our poll started in 2003, and the AFCA started its poll in 1999. Before that, I would say there weren't any accepted standards -- no coaches poll, no "media" poll. A couple of one-off publications did rankings (one person's opinion) or polls (multiple people voting) before then, but I don't know of an archive or who would even be considered credible.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

waxx

Wow, good to know Pat. I am pretty surprised that no one was doing top 25s before the 2000s, but I guess it makes sense in how regional D3 football was until the widespread use of the web. Thanks for the heads up. I am doing some updates to D3 seasons on wikipedia a, trying to add as much information as possible.