FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Machiavelli on November 12, 2019, 01:03:23 PM
JU, run for the Hills. It's like arguing with a drunk.

You argue with yourself frequently?

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Machiavelli on November 12, 2019, 01:06:08 PM
And FYI, anyone who suggest starting a back up because he's been a good team player all year clearly has never played a team sport in their life either. This isn't Rudy.

The "back-up" went 8-1 vs. Liberty League teams as a starter.  To treat Nabi as a second-class QB is like considering you a second-class LLPP poster since you re-created your account two years ago yesterday.  I'll just ignore your BS from the prior X years because it must not matter.

Machiavelli

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 01:06:37 PM
Quote from: Machiavelli on November 12, 2019, 01:03:23 PM
JU, run for the Hills. It's like arguing with a drunk.

You argue with yourself frequently?

And there he is ladies and gentlemen, the always classy Frank Rossi. A true ambassador and role model for D3football.com.

Doid23

If this was a throwaway game, at the end of the season, then MAYBE you look towards developing kids for next season.
But given the magnitude of this rivalry, amplified by putting it on the big stage at the Meadowlands (might be the best football played there this season!), coach has to go with the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. Who that is, we each have our opinions, but I can almost guarantee that the coach will make his decision based on trying to win.
And besides, the winner could make it to the New York State MegaBowl!

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Doid23 on November 12, 2019, 01:23:12 PM
If this was a throwaway game, at the end of the season, then MAYBE you look towards developing kids for next season.
But given the magnitude of this rivalry, amplified by putting it on the big stage at the Meadowlands (might be the best football played there this season!), coach has to go with the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. Who that is, we each have our opinions, but I can almost guarantee that the coach will make his decision based on trying to win.
And besides, the winner could make it to the New York State MegaBowl!

Doid hopefully everyone can read through the lines on your post and we can move on from this.  Very well said.

Machiavelli

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 01:17:26 PM
Quote from: Machiavelli on November 12, 2019, 01:06:08 PM
And FYI, anyone who suggest starting a back up because he's been a good team player all year clearly has never played a team sport in their life either. This isn't Rudy.

The "back-up" went 8-1 vs. Liberty League teams as a starter.  To treat Nabi as a second-class QB is like considering you a second-class LLPP poster since you re-created your account two years ago yesterday.  I'll just ignore your BS from the prior X years because it must not matter.

He's not second class, he's second string. Big difference dope. And yeah I left, because of you, which may happen again here. You are a disgrace to this site, the sport, and everything associated with it. But you'll never have any self awareness to understand that everything you touch is a complete joke. See ya Frank!

Machiavelli

Oh, before I sign off, Frank, can you please tell me that bedtime story again of how the big bad evil Union AD sabotaged the football program and wanted them to be terrible so that the hockey teams could succed? Please tell me again. Please please please? That story aged well. All you do is make up sh!t to fit your narrative and most of it is completely fictional. Have a nice life clown.

Frank Rossi

You're welcome, Everyone.

[EDIT: And hopefully this means Mach will stop stalking my Facebook page now.  That was just plain creepy.  I need a shower.]

Machiavelli

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 01:30:21 PM

[EDIT: And hopefully this means Mach will stop stalking my Facebook page now.  That was just plain creepy.  I need a shower.]

Maybe i'll just need to stick around since I actually enjoy the site, the people here(sans YOU), and have an idea about football and reality.

But, you're welcome 'everyone'? There you go with your gang mentality and the 2 people who might actually have your back. Go ahead and keep moving along like you have a clue. Be miserable. Feel important. I'll keep talking football and actual real life. I won't hint that anyone is an alcoholic or go down that path at all with anyone as you might not know that person's story. I'll rise above your BS. Go back to your troll cave. It's much more enjoyable when you're there anyway.

And for the record, i'm in fact not an alcoholic. I'm a family man with a wife and children. They are what is most important. I have a great job. I try making things right in the world and helping people. Sure, once upon a time I was a young immature kid, always looking for a quick laugh. I was a dick sometimes. I still am a bit now, but mostly in good fun. There is a difference. But I grew up. That's the reason I once retired from this site, because I realized there's no winning with people like you, and you're not worth my time, effort, or frustrations. But you're not gonna win this time. I've enjoyed this football season, and I don't need to retire again, because i'll miss it, and i'll be upset that I did. I enjoy the banter with other posters. Even UFanBill who I thought was cut from the same cloth as you, but has a heart and ultimately is a good man who has the ability to peak around the corner and see what's over there.

Go ahead and make your nasty comments and shoot below the belt as you so often do. It's not gonna bother me one bit. I'm over it. Someone on here said you were running your mouth about the Ithaca thing on FB so I checked it out as i'm sure many others did. And your true character shows up there, bright and clear. You always have a crusade to fight with someone. Take a deep breathe, soak in the fresh air. You never know when life might change on a dime. It's a waste of the time we get on this earth to be constantly miserable and nasty. Give it a shot, maybe you'll find true happiness. Maybe you do need that shower after all.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Jonny Utah on November 12, 2019, 01:04:46 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 12:55:34 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on November 12, 2019, 12:51:45 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 12:28:02 PM
Not in the case of Union/Ithaca, JU.  Go look at the Ithaca drive chart.  Throw out the 11 minutes in two drives, and look at the remaining TOP per drive.  It's astounding.

I could do the same for Tom Brady playing against the Miami Dolphins in Miami vs the Bills/Jets quarterbacks for the same years.  I'm trusting the coaches who watch 10,000 hours of film and coach another 1,000 hours of practice with this decision 

As for the Union drives, I'm not gonna let you spin this one.  You can explain or spin TOP stats in about 25 ways.  Union was able to convert on 8 of its 15 3rd downs, that was it's second highest 3rd down conversion all year (They were 5/8 in week one vs. Westfield for a 63% rate).

When you convert on third downs, your keep the ball longer and your TOP reflects that.  Union also played with a lead and maybe they used the clock more (and RPI obviously did).

Do you really think if they start Joe G and lose anyone will question the decision to play him bases on 2017 and 2018 games with a different QB?

Here, allow me to not spin it... Ithaca's drive TOPs in that game...

1:09
1:24
2:28
1:28
6:28
0:47
2:35
0:57
1:50
0:44
1:37

Didn't get much better vs. RPI...

2:31
0:06
1:48
4:53
1:25
0:26
0:01 (Half)
3:06
5:01
1:30
1:57
1:29

St. Lawrence and Rochester was pretty crappy too:

1:51
0:05
1:58
5:12
1:13
1:39
3:36
0:00
1:27

Roch:
1:04
5:33
1:45
0:12
0:51

Do we really hate Joe G. that much that we are arguing time of possession and games from 2017 where he played on a different team?

Again, insanity.

Ok back to football Frank,

Can you tell me the difference between Ithaca's first half TOP numbers vs. SLU and Rochester and the game numbers from Union/RPI?  Is their a difference?  (you can look at the 2nd half stats of those games but they were over at the half).  We can throw out one of the drives, or two of them.  Still don't think you get anything from TOP numbers to justify some sort of QB change in week 10.

Bartman

I have read all of the available posts and have declared Jonny Utah the superior football statistical analyst over Frank and would listen to Jonny Utah's podcast anytime ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

unionpalooza

Quote from: Machiavelli on November 12, 2019, 01:52:53 PM
Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 01:30:21 PM

Maybe i'll just need to stick around since I actually enjoy the site, the people here(sans YOU), and have an idea about football and reality.

But, you're welcome 'everyone'? There you go with your gang mentality and the 2 people who might actually have your back. Go ahead and keep moving along like you have a clue. Be miserable. Feel important. I'll keep talking football and actual real life. I won't hint that anyone is an alcoholic or go down that path at all with anyone as you might not know that person's story. I'll rise above your BS. Go back to your troll cave. It's much more enjoyable when you're there anyway.

And for the record, i'm in fact not an alcoholic. I'm a family man with a wife and children. They are what is most important. I have a great job. I try making things right in the world and helping people. Sure, once upon a time I was a young immature kid, always looking for a quick laugh. I was a dick sometimes. I still am a bit now, but mostly in good fun. There is a difference. But I grew up. That's the reason I once retired from this site, because I realized there's no winning with people like you, and you're not worth my time, effort, or frustrations. But you're not gonna win this time. I've enjoyed this football season, and I don't need to retire again, because i'll miss it, and i'll be upset that I did. I enjoy the banter with other posters. Even UFanBill who I thought was cut from the same cloth as you, but has a heart and ultimately is a good man who has the ability to peak around the corner and see what's over there.

Go ahead and make your nasty comments and shoot below the belt as you so often do. It's not gonna bother me one bit. I'm over it. Someone on here said you were running your mouth about the Ithaca thing on FB so I checked it out as i'm sure many others did. And your true character shows up there, bright and clear. You always have a crusade to fight with someone. Take a deep breathe, soak in the fresh air. You never know when life might change on a dime. It's a waste of the time we get on this earth to be constantly miserable and nasty. Give it a shot, maybe you'll find true happiness. Maybe you do need that shower after all.

Please do stick around, Mach.  I disagree with you at least 50% of the time, and stand apart the great U/RPI divide, but your absolute candor and total lack of BS makes you an indispensable participant here. 

Frank Rossi

Quote from: Jonny Utah on November 12, 2019, 02:31:57 PM
Not in the case of Union/Ithaca, JU.  Go look at the Ithaca drive chart.  Throw out the 11 minutes in two drives, and look at the remaining TOP per drive.  It's astounding.

I could do the same for Tom Brady playing against the Miami Dolphins in Miami vs the Bills/Jets quarterbacks for the same years.  I'm trusting the coaches who watch 10,000 hours of film and coach another 1,000 hours of practice with this decision 

As for the Union drives, I'm not gonna let you spin this one.  You can explain or spin TOP stats in about 25 ways.  Union was able to convert on 8 of its 15 3rd downs, that was it's second highest 3rd down conversion all year (They were 5/8 in week one vs. Westfield for a 63% rate).

When you convert on third downs, your keep the ball longer and your TOP reflects that.  Union also played with a lead and maybe they used the clock more (and RPI obviously did).

Do you really think if they start Joe G and lose anyone will question the decision to play him bases on 2017 and 2018 games with a different QB?

Roch:

Do we really hate Joe G. that much that we are arguing time of possession and games from 2017 where he played on a different team?

Again, insanity.

Can you tell me the difference between Ithaca's first half TOP numbers vs. SLU and Rochester and the game numbers from Union/RPI?  Is their a difference?  (you can look at the 2nd half stats of those games but they were over at the half).  We can throw out one of the drives, or two of them.  Still don't think you get anything from TOP numbers to justify some sort of QB change in week 10.

The offense scored.

Oline89

Doid really answered my question about changing QB's the way I would answer it myself.  You play the players that give you the best chance at winning the game.  When do you start looking to next year?  The right answer is when this season is over, which for the players and coaches (not for parents whose kids aren't playing, or fans looking for a change) is after the last whistle of the last game.  During blowout wins or losses, there may be a small opportunity to see some players in game situations, but decisions regarding who to play in the game are made in pre-season or occasionally in game week practices.   I have admitted both publicly and privately that I would not have made the move to bring a QB into my program, for one year, especially if I had a two year starter in place.  However, Joe G is a talented player, great athlete, and leads an offense like no other player I have seen in the LL in the last 2 years.  He clearly gives IC the best chance at winning Cortica, and deserves the chance to play in front of 40K+ with the rest of his teammates.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Frank Rossi on November 12, 2019, 03:01:59 PM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on November 12, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

Roch:

Again, insanity.

The offense scored.

Ha you are making my point.  Those numbers are pretty much the same in all 4 games except Ithaca scored in some of them and didn't score in others and let up points in some of them and didn't in others.  Those numbers are what they are.  They tell you how long each team holds on to the ball.  Some teams run the clock, some teams turn the ball over, some teams need 5 plays to score, some need 25.  Some teams aren't able to do those things.  The list goes on and on.  In the end they don't matter.