FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFWCrufan

Like I had said before UMHB is still seeking a game, perfect start for the new and improved, pretty uni's Oxy tiggers, put those helmets to work! someone tell ostland
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFB

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 12, 2018, 09:14:02 AM
Like I had said before UMHB is still seeking a game, perfect start for the new and improved, pretty uni's Oxy tiggers, put those helmets to work! someone tell ostland

Phone lines still down in McMinnville I see. Never thought I would see the Kitty Cats run from a fight.

wildcat11

http://helenair.com/sports/college/carroll-college/football/van-diest-division-iii-teams-should-man-up-and-face/article_aeb96d5f-9202-5017-aa21-9911f73ecd15.html

"We'd love to play NCAA Division III teams but they won't play us out here," Van Diest said. "But then there's (NCAA Division III power) Whitewater who will play at Dickinson State at Dickinson or Morningside at Morningside. So why won't the Division III teams in the Western United States play teams from the Frontier Conference? It's beyond me."

....but Division III schools won't play anybody out here. But they sure talk a good game."

"I just wish the Division III schools would man up."

There is another reason why Linfield took this game (besides UMHB being incredible good).  The 'Cats need to go take care of some business.

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on January 12, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
http://helenair.com/sports/college/carroll-college/football/van-diest-division-iii-teams-should-man-up-and-face/article_aeb96d5f-9202-5017-aa21-9911f73ecd15.html

"We'd love to play NCAA Division III teams but they won't play us out here," Van Diest said. "But then there's (NCAA Division III power) Whitewater who will play at Dickinson State at Dickinson or Morningside at Morningside. So why won't the Division III teams in the Western United States play teams from the Frontier Conference? It's beyond me."

....but Division III schools won't play anybody out here. But they sure talk a good game."

"I just wish the Division III schools would man up."

There is another reason why Linfield took this game (besides UMHB being incredible good).  The 'Cats need to go take care of some business.

What an arrogant coach. I hope your Cats destroy them.

DFWCrufan

Interesting.. but... how about they schedule a game against Oshkosh, UMU or UMHB or St. Thomas...? or is this guy talking smack and avoiding the fact that there are more than one DIII schools he could schedule. There's always a phone coach, want a big game, gotta go big game hunting coach, you want it, go get it! Or are you just too scared to make the call yourself coach?

I could understand if you try to schedule and they turn you down but there is one other thing, who does it profit? I mean Carrolls schedule, three of their games are against the same team they played earlier so maybe Carroll should leave NAIA and get into a conference where they are not competing against the same teams twice a season. Seems to me this guy is throwing a gauntlet, but not standing behind it.
I could be simplifying the complex, but if you want it, gotta go get it
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

RFB

Quote from: DFWCrufan on January 17, 2018, 10:00:03 AM
Interesting.. but... how about they schedule a game against Oshkosh, UMU or UMHB or St. Thomas...? or is this guy talking smack and avoiding the fact that there are more than one DIII schools he could schedule. There's always a phone coach, want a big game, gotta go big game hunting coach, you want it, go get it! Or are you just too scared to make the call yourself coach?

I could understand if you try to schedule and they turn you down but there is one other thing, who does it profit? I mean Carrolls schedule, three of their games are against the same team they played earlier so maybe Carroll should leave NAIA and get into a conference where they are not competing against the same teams twice a season. Seems to me this guy is throwing a gauntlet, but not standing behind it.
I could be simplifying the complex, but if you want it, gotta go get it

Agree. He is lobbing insults at the NWC, and I hope he eats a healthy serving of crow after playing Linfield. He won't be calling the The Cru, Mount, or any other top programs because he will get a beat down. Looking forward to Linfield punching them in the mouth.

olddog

So LF plays UR and Carrol next year in the preseason ? Cat ?
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

MonroviaCat

Quote from: olddog on January 17, 2018, 12:17:58 PM
So LF plays UR and Carrol next year in the preseason ? Cat ?
yes. Linfield plays Carrol and Red
Go Cats!

OCguy

I see that Chapman is playing Pacific. This should be a good test to see how Chaptown looks. Anyone from the NWC have any details on how pacific will look next year?

MonroviaCat

Quote from: OCguy on January 17, 2018, 02:49:42 PM
I see that Chapman is playing Pacific. This should be a good test to see how Chaptown looks. Anyone from the NWC have any details on how pacific will look next year?
I think they will have returning starters at QB and WR and maybe a lineman or two on offense.  Defense returns more but will have holes to fill on all 3 levels (especially at LB and DL).  So....they could be good, they could be bad, they'll probably be a little of both :)
Go Cats!

Oxy1995

RFB

Quote from: Oxy1995 on January 18, 2018, 10:17:55 AM
Some light reading (filled with errors, omissions, and lies)

https://www.oxy.edu/magazine/winter-2018/longest-yard

President Veitch is setting up the kill shot for the program. Sad to see a proud football program with so much history on its death bed.

Oxy1995

Quote from: RFB on January 18, 2018, 11:28:38 AM
Quote from: Oxy1995 on January 18, 2018, 10:17:55 AM
Some light reading (filled with errors, omissions, and lies)

https://www.oxy.edu/magazine/winter-2018/longest-yard

President Veitch is setting up the kill shot for the program. Sad to see a proud football program with so much history on its death bed.
Yup, you can see it in his letter in the same issue
https://www.oxy.edu/magazine/winter-2018/president-veitch

wildcat11

Quote from: OCguy on January 17, 2018, 02:49:42 PM

They were pretty young last year and have some solid talent.  They like to fashion themselves as a physical football program.