MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEPAFAN

bodes well for Logan Bailey....last couple of prep  kids have been playing well in college.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Gabriel

Ursinus had Matt Knowles----outstanding young man who had a great career with the Bears in spite of two knee surgeries.

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Rofrog

Nice article on Danzigs son. Jackson in the paper and his future plans.He said he plans on attending  the University of Scranton.Great addition to the team man what a pick up.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Rofrog on March 19, 2018, 07:11:03 PM
Nice article on Danzigs son. Jackson in the paper and his future plans.He said he plans on attending  the University of Scranton.Great addition to the team man what a pick up.

That would be huge for them.  When I talked to Carl a few years ago (Ross's senior year), he said his youngest son was probably the best basketball player and he wasn't counting on Scranton getting him.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

NEPAFAN

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Abington heights going  to Hershey,they won tonight 56-51.The kid scored 38 pts last time out.The kid is supposedly better then Ross.Might take a trip down 81 south to see them play.

Rofrog

Congratulations to Abington heights and Jackson. Danzing on winningbstate championship tonight.Man does the future looks good for the royal.One of the Carmody boys from Mars is going to Notre Dame But great job.

NEPAFAN

Hey Ro:

Too early to start recruiting Tinsley? :)
Vince Lombardi

Rofrog

Nepafan maybe he will follow Danzng .They have a nice team.Carmody boy had 34 pts (Notre Dame recruit).

NEPAFAN

Schedules, Transfers, Recruits???
Vince Lombardi

Tim the Enchanter

Hi,

I have followed Scranton basketball and d3hoops.com for a while but this is my first time posting.  I am an alumnus of "da U" and used to work in admissions there.

Besides the aforementioned Jackson Danzig, I am aware of "commitments" from Seneca NJ, Binghamton NY and Ledyard CT.  Don't much about them, though.

ronk

Haven't heard previously about the Ledyard, CT commit, although there was interest in a women's prospect from there.

Tim the Enchanter

I don't know much about him either so I don't know where he stands.  Hence me using commitments (in quotes) and not recruits...

NEPAFAN

Welcome to the Scranton , I mean Landmark Board. haha.

I think they'll have a large class this year based on "commtiments"
Vince Lombardi