WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saratoga

Back to basketball after that commercial for spellcheck.

If the Mid-Atlantic Regional came out tomorrow (which I know it doesn't) this is how I see it right now:

1.Scranton

2.Messiah

3.Gettysburg

4.Johns Hopkins

5.Widener

6.Southern Virginia

7.Christopher Newport

8. Probably 5 teams vying for the last spot.

Any other schools I'm missing having solid years?

This is certainly all subject to change over the next 2 weeks.

The school that is somewhat surprising in a good way is Southern Virginia. They are doing a real nice job and passed a big test last evening.

On the other hand, the team moving in the wrong direction is Muhlenberg.

They are 0 for 2019 and have lost at least 5 & possibly 6 straight games.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Rofrog on January 17, 2019, 06:24:02 PM
Wait is Coach Woodruff on tonight????Nope show will be perfect!!!!

A perfect show doesn't exist...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

Quote from: saratoga on January 17, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

Back to basketball after that commercial for spellcheck.

If the Mid-Atlantic Regional came out tomorrow (which I know it doesn't) this is how I see it right now:

1.Scranton

2.Messiah

3.Gettysburg

4.Johns Hopkins

5.Widener

6.Southern Virginia

7.Christopher Newport

8. Probably 5 teams vying for the last spot.

Any other schools I'm missing having solid years?

This is certainly all subject to change over the next 2 weeks.

The school that is somewhat surprising in a good way is Southern Virginia. They are doing a real nice job and passed a big test last evening.

On the other hand, the team moving in the wrong direction is Muhlenberg.

They are 0 for 2019 and have lost at least 5 & possibly 6 straight games.

Can't think of anyone else; I'm remembering that the Mid-Atlantic ranks only 6 teams.

Watched some of the Southern Va-CNU game last night while waiting for the Scranton games to start; 3 former prospects play for CNU(including NBA ref Scott Foster's daughter) and 1 for SVA(post Katie Garrish); never thought SVA could come back from 8 down in the 2nd quarter because of CNU's defense but CNU shot poorly enough to allow them back into the game.

Rofrog

Ronk was it CNU shot badly or Southern Virginia made them shoot badly.I honestly didnt see the game.Because great defense does that to a team or was it they where missing opened shots?thanks

ronk

Quote from: Rofrog on January 17, 2019, 10:34:04 PM
Ronk was it CNU shot badly or Southern Virginia made them shoot badly.I honestly didnt see the game.Because great defense does that to a team or was it they where missing opened shots?thanks

I would choose open vs contested of the 2 possibilities; Jess Foster usually only shoots open 3-pt shots and she missed her final 9 attempts after making 1 that I saw.
  CNU actually had a 14-pt lead 4 mins into the 2nd quarter.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: ronk on January 17, 2019, 11:29:04 PM
Quote from: Rofrog on January 17, 2019, 10:34:04 PM

I would choose open vs contested of the 2 possibilities; Jess Foster usually only shoots open 3-pt shots and she missed her final 9 attempts after making 1 that I saw.
  CNU actually had a 14-pt lead 4 mins into the 2nd quarter.

I watched most of the second half.  I was pretty impressed with SVU's poise.  They seemed to always be pretty well positioned on defense and didn't get bothered much by the press when they had the ball.  CNU missed a lot of transition buckets they'd normally get, but I didn't see as many open shots for them as I'd expect.  SVU's a real team, for sure.  It might've been an upset, but it wasn't a fluke.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

saratoga

Great win yesterday by the Lady Royals on the road.

Unselfish basketball at its finest.

First time I've ever heard the opposing broadcaster scream "T him up" in reference to Coach but on the other hand, besides those emotional meltdowns, the Juniata broadcast team was very complimentary toward the Lady Royal's game plan, defense & offensive execution.

On to Drew.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: saratoga on January 20, 2019, 10:20:32 AM

Great win yesterday by the Lady Royals on the road.

Unselfish basketball at its finest.

First time I've ever heard the opposing broadcaster scream "T him up" in reference to Coach but on the other hand, besides those emotional meltdowns, the Juniata broadcast team was very complimentary toward the Lady Royal's game plan, defense & offensive execution.

On to Drew.

What in the world was the "T him up" in reference to?
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

saratoga

Trevor wasn't particularly pleased with a call & had a few words with one ref (as coaches are known to do from time to time), certainly not going ballistic, & the guy doing the play by play just started ranting on air for any of the refs to "T him up".

About 5 minutes later, the same plea...all to no avail.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: saratoga on January 20, 2019, 01:44:39 PM

Trevor wasn't particularly pleased with a call & had a few words with one ref (as coaches are known to do from time to time), certainly not going ballistic, & the guy doing the play by play just started ranting on air for any of the refs to "T him up".

About 5 minutes later, the same plea...all to no avail.

Well that's disappointing. That isn't in a broadcaster's purview. That usually is a bad sign for me. I have talked about a coach needing to maybe be T'ed up, but that's when things have clearly gone too far and it is a comment to understand the situation. I have never done it just because a coach is arguing as they always do anyway. That said, you indicated they did well the rest of the game.

Rofrog

Yes it happened at about 1.14 on video.It was about a walk on Warhiftig.His anger came out he had enough of this beat down.Then the next play if you watch Juniata player walks(Gracie)it was funny.

Rofrog

So going thru massey and I really found something odd .He has Oshkosh first Amherst 2nd St thomas 3rd Scranton 4th .So I decide to do the mathematics Scranton is actually giving up 47.29 pts per game defensive wise,Oshkosh gives up 46.52,Amherst 49.3,St thomas 50.29how is Scranton women 4th in defense I think they should be second or am I wrong?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Rofrog on January 23, 2019, 01:54:27 AM
So going thru massey and I really found something odd .He has Oshkosh first Amherst 2nd St thomas 3rd Scranton 4th .So I decide to do the mathematics Scranton is actually giving up 47.29 pts per game defensive wise,Oshkosh gives up 46.52,Amherst 49.3,St thomas 50.29how is Scranton women 4th in defense I think they should be second or am I wrong?

His defensive ratings aren't straight points allowed.  There's a lot of factors, like the opponent's overall ranking and other things that go into it.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Rofrog

Thanks Ryan for explaining it that way.

Rofrog

Another nice win for Scranton women up by 20 without All American-Bridgett Mann and also Sofia Recupero tonight and winning by 12!Scranton should be healthy soon (Fr Daniele McCurdy,So.Ava Gammo filling in nicely mind you Hannah,Chloe have been under the weather great to getting  them back.Keep it up Ladies