3 Marietta 21-6 21-6 -Pool C
4 Wooster 21-6 21-6  - Pool C

5 Ohio Northern 19-9 19-9 - left at the table
6 Ohio Wesleyan 19-9 19-9 - never at the table
7 Baldwin Wallace 18-9 18-9 - never at the table
8 Hope 16-8 18-9 - Pool A
9 Hanover 20-6 22-6 - never at the table

http://d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-final
While technically correct that Hanover was never at the table that was because they were Pool A ;)

Good catch. My bad.

Fifth and Putnam

Congratulations to the NABC Great Lakes teams and to Nate Axelrod and Matt Croci on their POY and COY honors.

http://nabc.com/NABC_Releases/2018/d3_all_district

GREAT LAKES

First Team                                                                       

Jalen Adams, Olivet

Nate Axelrod, Ohio Wesleyan*                                   

Ryan Bruns, Ohio Northern

Cam Fails, Hanover

Damion King, Thomas More

Chad Roy, Wittenberg

Second Team

Jason Beckman, Hope

Matt Csuhran, John Carroll

Marcus Dempsey, Muskingum

Ishimeal Nance, Penn State Altoona

Dillon Young, Marietta

Coach of the Year: Matt Croci, Wittenberg

Fifth and Putnam

Drew Cooper resigns at Thomas More College. He moves on to Kentucky Wesleyan, a D2 program down the road in Owensboro.

http://www.tmcsaints.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/releases/20180323cuz57o

Going to be an interesting off season at TMC. The Saints are now out of the PAC and have not formally announced a plan for the future (New conference, NAIA, ect.). My guess is they go independent for D3 for at least a season while they continue to look for a home. Going to have a new coach and scheduling will be a bear for next year with no conference games built in for whomever takes over (I assume Coach Cooper had several games taken care of before he left).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Fifth and Putnam on March 26, 2018, 12:13:47 PM
Drew Cooper resigns at Thomas More College. He moves on to Kentucky Wesleyan, a D2 program down the road in Owensboro.

Going to be an interesting off season at TMC. The Saints are now out of the PAC and have not formally announced a plan for the future (New conference, NAIA, ect.). My guess is they go independent for D3 for at least a season while they continue to look for a home. Going to have a new coach and scheduling will be a bear for next year with no conference games built in for whomever takes over (I assume Coach Cooper had several games taken care of before he left).

Um... some of this is actually already out there in the public domain.

Jeff Hans already told us on Hoopsville they are going independent next season and talked about the struggle to find games and schedule accordingly.

So, we know they are going independent at least in the short-term. After that is guess-work publicly. There are plenty of rumors. I know most are not true based on what I have learned, but I am not at liberty to say what they are going to do in the long-term.

They do have to find a conference, but there really aren't any available. The NCAC, OAC, and HCAC are not interested. The MIAA was an idea at one time, but that has fallen a part especially on the football side where the MIAA brought in Finlandia to solve the hole. The SAA is an idea, but I'm told that hasn't gotten any interest on the SAA side. It could get extreme depending on how desperate TMC and the CAC both are getting - but that is also a LONG haul from CNU to TMC, so I don't see that really being a viable option even as a short-term fix for both entities. The ODAC isn't an option, neither is the AMCC or just about anyone else.

TMC is in no-man's land and next year will prove to be very challenging.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 26, 2018, 12:31:50 PM

Jeff Hans already told us on Hoopsville they are going independent next season and talked about the struggle to find games and schedule accordingly.

So, we know they are going independent at least in the short-term. After that is guess-work publicly. There are plenty of rumors. I know most are not true based on what I have learned, but I am not at liberty to say what they are going to do in the long-term.

They do have to find a conference, but there really aren't any available. The NCAC, OAC, and HCAC are not interested. The MIAA was an idea at one time, but that has fallen a part especially on the football side where the MIAA brought in Finlandia to solve the hole. The SAA is an idea, but I'm told that hasn't gotten any interest on the SAA side. It could get extreme depending on how desperate TMC and the CAC both are getting - but that is also a LONG haul from CNU to TMC, so I don't see that really being a viable option even as a short-term fix for both entities. The ODAC isn't an option, neither is the AMCC or just about anyone else.

I won't pretend to know much about MIAA football -- I still don't actually believe it exists -- but I don't think Finlandia has ever had a relationship with the MIAA. As far as I can tell they've only ever played one game against an MIAA opponent.

Wisconsin Lutheran was an associate member for football for a time (and Defiance was a conference member for a time before that), but since Trine (/Tri-State) joined the league around 2005 they haven't needed to fill a hole for football that I'm aware of.

Gregory Sager

There's always the SLIAC, which has a member in Kentucky, Spalding University, that's an hour and a half from Thomas More. The Golden Eagles really need a travel partner for that league, and the Saints could be just what the doctor ordered.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 26, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

There's always the SLIAC, which has a member in Kentucky, Spalding University, that's an hour and a half from Thomas More. The Golden Eagles really need a travel partner for that league, and the Saints could be just what the doctor ordered.

I am told the SLIAC was considered, but the SLIAC was not interested.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: KnightSlappy on March 26, 2018, 01:34:26 PM

I won't pretend to know much about MIAA football -- I still don't actually believe it exists -- but I don't think Finlandia has ever had a relationship with the MIAA. As far as I can tell they've only ever played one game against an MIAA opponent.

Wisconsin Lutheran was an associate member for football for a time (and Defiance was a conference member for a time before that), but since Trine (/Tri-State) joined the league around 2005 they haven't needed to fill a hole for football that I'm aware of.

And it is a thing ... MIAA and Finlandia announced it ahead of last season: http://www.miaa.org/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/Finlandia (May of 2017 to be exact)

Fifth and Putnam

Thanks for the update. I missed that one.

Very challenging indeed.

Considering what we know...TMC may have to find a home outside of D3.

sac

Finlandia is on all the MIAA football schedules for 2018, except Calvin, because.... reasons. ;)

Good luck to Alma who gets to play at Finlandia in Hancock on November 10.

KnightSlappy

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 26, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
Quote from: KnightSlappy on March 26, 2018, 01:34:26 PM

And it is a thing ... MIAA and Finlandia announced it ahead of last season: http://www.miaa.org/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/Finlandia (May of 2017 to be exact)

Well bust my buttons. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

LOL It has been mentioned a few times... I think even on Hoopsville... since the announcement...

But nice pop-culture reference.

fantastic50

It's early, with Selection Monday still seven weeks away, but here are my mock regional rankings at this point...

1) Marietta (12-1, 6-0 OAC, 0.923 WP, 0.558 SOS)
     Best wins: at LaRoche, vs Wittenberg
     Losses: at Elmhurst (9-5, 4-1 CCIW, unranked in Central region)

2) Capital (11-2, 6-0 OAC, 0.846 WP, 0.563 SOS)
     Best wins:vs Mt Union, vs Baldwin-Wallace
     Losses: at Wittenberg, at Albion

3) Wabash (10-1, 6-0 NCAC, 0.909 WP, 0.542 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Wooster, vs Elmhurst (9-5, 4-1 CCIW, unranked in Central region)
     Losses: vs Wilmington

4) La_Roche (12-2, 7-0 AMCC, 0.857 WP, 0.528 SOS)
     Best wins: Penn State-Behrend
     Losses: at Marietta, at Hope

5) Wittenberg (10-2, 5-1 NCAC, 0.833 WP, 0.524 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Capital, vs Wilmington
     Losses: at Marietta, vs Denison

6) Wooster (10-3, 5-1 NCAC, 0.769 WP, 0.539 SOS)
     Best wins: vs New Jersey City (10-4, 5-2 NJAC, #2 in weak Atlantic region), vs Ohio Wesleyan
     Losses: neu Whitman (11-1, 3-0 NWC, #3 in West), at Wabash, neu Sul Ross St (7-8, 2-4 ASC, unranked in South)

7) Baldwin_Wallace (9-4, 3-3 OAC, 0.692 WP, 0.541 SOS)
     Best wins: Thomas More (8-7, independent, unranked), at Muskingum
     Losses: at Marietta, vs Capital, at Mt. Union, at Rochester (11-1, 1-0 UAA, #1 in weak East region)

8) Mount_Union (11-2, 5-1 OAC, 0.846 WP, 0.496 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Baldwin-Wallace, vs Wilmington
     Losses: at Capital, at Transylvania

9) Albion (9-3, 2-0 MIAA, 0.750 WP, 0.494 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Capital, vs Chicago (8-4, 1-0 UAA, #7 in Central region)
     Losses: at North Central (12-3, 4-2 CCIW, #5 in Central), at Bluffton, at Case
----------
10) Rose-Hulman (8-4, 5-1 HCAC, 0.667 WP, 0.513 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Hanover, vs Millikin (8-5, 2-3 CCIW, unranked in Central)
     Losses: at Wabash, at Louisiana Coll. (11-2, 5-1 ASC, #6 in South), vs Transylvania, vs DePauw

11) Transylvania (8-5, 5-1 HCAC, 0.615 WP, 0.581 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Mt Union, vs Thomas More, at Rose-Hulman
     Losses: at Hamilton (13-0, #3 in NE), vs Chicago, at Centre (10-2, #3 in South), at Emory & Henry (9-5, 2-3 ODAC), at Hanover

12) Penn_State-Behrend (12-1, 6-1 AMCC, 0.923 WP, 0.453 SOS)
     Best wins: vs Carnegie-Mellon, vs Heidelberg
     Losses: at LaRoche

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

With those numbers, Transy definitely gets ranked over Albion.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Fifth and Putnam

Kudos to La Roche this year going out and really challenging themselves out of conference. The AMCC unfortunately is a drag on team's SOS numbers every year which lends itself to always being a one bid league. Doing well against a non con slate of Marietta, John Carroll, Hope, and Calvin have them as the first Pool C candidate out of that conference in a long time. I expect their SOS to come down as conference play continues but if they can remain unscathed outside of losing in the conference tournament...there's a shot there.