Wendy's Classic/Chase Tournament

Started by Razor, January 03, 2008, 01:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor

With less than a week to go before the Chase starts up I'm interested to here how people think it will be seeded and how it will play-out.  Here are my thoughts:

#1. U of R
#2. Geneseo
#3. Brockport
#4. Naz
#5. Fisher
#6. RIT
#7. Roberts
#8. Keuka

Predictions:
-Roch. over Keuka
-Geneseo over Roberts
-Bport over RIT
-Fisher over Naz

Semi's:
Roch over Fisher
Geneseo over Bport

Finals:
Rochester over Geneseo in a rematch of last years finals!

This could be the deepest field in a while though, with Brockport, Naz, Fisher, Geneseo, and U of R all with a legit chance at winning it!  In the end though, I think Rochester's size and experience win out!

Jacketfan2011

I hope you are right and UofR takes the title.  My only concern with UofR is they haven't played since the dismantling of Fisher on Dec 14th.  That's a long time to go between games and they have looked shakey so far this year when playing after long layoffs.  On the plus side, they should finally be healthy.

FisherDynasty

I think it will go.

-Roch. over Keuka
-Geneseo over Roberts
-Bport over RIT
-Naz over Fisher

Then.

Roch over Naz
Bport over Geneseo

Roch over bport in the finals

with age comes?

Based on b-ports last 2 losses I think you have to move them down to 4th behind Naz. Unless the seeding are already out??

bamm

The teams generally find out who they will play on Sunday night.

At this point, the seedings would probably be:

Rochester
Geneseo
Naz
BPort
RIT
Fisher
Roberts
Keuka

Could Fisher really be the 6 seed?  Certainly before last night RIT would have been behind them, but that win might be enough to move them ahead.

FisherDynasty

Idk Fisher beat RIT though and now they have one of their better players back,  the Chase voters take things like that into consideration.

gobombers15

Quote from: FisherDynasty on January 05, 2008, 04:47:46 PM
Idk Fisher beat RIT though and now they have one of their better players back,  the Chase voters take things like that into consideration.

They shouldn't take returning players into account. Seedings should be based on the merits of each team's season to date.
A 2004 graduate of the "almighty legendary" Ithaca College. Goooooo Bombers.

FisherDynasty

they shouldn't but they do.  They dont want to give a team that may not have as good of a record a low seed, even though they are better than a team with a slightly better record. It's not fair to the higher seeds having to play tougher games.

bamm

Brockport falling fast.  My revised prediction.

Rochester
Geneseo
Naz
RIT
Fisher
Brockport
Roberts
Keuka

Perhaps wishful thinking for RIT at the 4-spot, but I've seen crazier things.

David Collinge

Can anyone please tell me when the seedings/pairings will be announced, and where I can find them when it happens?  TIA.

bamm

The seedings are being announced tonight at the annual Chase Tourney Dinner (this year at the RIT Inn and Conference Center), and when they are published online I'll post the link. 

bamm

Here they are:

Men

Wednesday at SUNY Geneseo

No. 1 Rochester vs. No. 8 Keuka, 6;15 p.m.

No. 7 Roberts Wesleyan at No. 2 SUNY Geneseo, 8:15 p.m.

Wednesday at Fisher

No. 3 Nazareth vs. No. 6 RIT, 6:15 p.m.

No. 4 SUNY Brockport at No. 5 Fisher, 8:15 p.m.

bamm

I'm surprised Brockport, losers of three straight, managed to remain the four seed -- even if it is essentially meaningless.

The games on Wednesday should be good.  The games on Tuesday will likely be bad.

David Collinge

Thanks, bamm.  Can you point me towards the women's seedings, too?  Can I assume this is a straight bracket (i.e., 1/8 winner plays 4/5 winner, etc.)?  Is there a loser's bracket; that is, does everyone play three games, or are you done if you lose?  And finally, where are the weekend games going to be played?  Sorry to be a pest, but I need this info for my "HOW THEY FARED" posts in the respective Top 25 rooms. 

Quote from: bamm on January 06, 2008, 08:48:20 PM
The games on Wednesday should be good.  The games on Tuesday will likely be bad.

What games on Tuesday?  Are those the women's games?

EDIT:  Never mind, I got the information I needed from Rochester's website.  Thanks.

Pat Coleman

WOMEN:
Tuesday, Jan. 8
#1 Rochester (8-1) at #8 Geneseo, 8:15 pm
#4 Roberts Wesleyan (6-6) vs. #5 RIT (6-4), 6:15 pm at Geneseo
#2 Brockport (7-1) vs. #7 Nazareth (3-7), 6:15 pm at St. John Fisher
#6 Keuka (3-2) at #3 St. John Fisher (6-3), 8:15 pm
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.