MBB: State University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by bamm, March 12, 2005, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicman

The honors continue to pile up for Plattsburgh State's Jon Patron as he was named on Thursday, March 15th, by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), as a First Team All American. Congratulation to Jon and all the players who received All American status.

Selected from the East Region:

2018 NABC COACHES' DIVISION III ALL-AMERICA FIRST TEAM
Jonathan Patron, Plattsburgh State, 6-4, Junior, Forward, Huntington, N.Y.

2018 NABC COACHES' DIVISION III ALL-AMERICA SECOND TEAM
Edvinas Rupkus, Skidmore, 6-4, Junior, Guard, Naujoji Akmene, Lithuania

2018 NABC COACHES' DIVISION III ALL-AMERICA THIRD TEAM
Tyler Stenglein, Nazareth, 6-3, Senior, Guard, Rochester, N.Y.

Here's the link to the complete list of All America teams:

http://nabc.com/NABC_Releases/2018/d3_all-america

with age came?

You must have had a wonderful time up there in the North Country watching your team this year!!!

magicman

Quote from: with age came? on March 19, 2018, 06:48:26 PM
You must have had a wonderful time up there in the North Country watching your team this year!!!

I did and I kept waiting for you to chime in once in a while. Good to hear from you. Hoping next year will be even better.

magicman

On Saturday at the Division 3 National Championship game D3hoops announced their 25 man All-America Team.

Jon Patron from Plattsburgh State was named as an Honorable Mention All American.

Jon was the only player from the East Region to make the list.

Congratulations to Jon for an exceptional year. Hoping next year will bring even greater success for him and his Cardinal teammates.  8-)

magicman

The final D3hoops Top 25 poll was released on Monday and Plattsburgh State ended up in the #18 spot with 216 votes. The Cardinals were the only team from the East Region to make the season ending poll.

Congratulations to Coach Curle and the Cardinal players on a special season.

Here's the link to the Final Top 25 poll:

http://www.d3hoops.com/top25/men/2017-18/final

with age came?

Still follow the games  though not quite as religiously.  Also my Coaching acquaintance for the Continentals has me following the Northeast quite a bit too!! ;D I'll try to chime in more next year!!  Great season for the Cards and it makes me happy when the "Guru of the East" is happy!! ;)

magicman

Quote from: with age came? on March 26, 2018, 07:06:09 PM
Still follow the games  though not quite as religiously.  Also my Coaching acquaintance for the Continentals has me following the Northeast quite a bit too!! ;D I'll try to chime in more next year!!  Great season for the Cards and it makes me happy when the "Guru of the East" is happy!! ;)

I was also following the Continentals quite closely. They had a good season and except for a few missed free throws at the end of regulation might have made it to the Final Four. Certainly should have won that game against Springfield to advance to the Elite Eight. They'll have another good team next year.     So will my Cardinals. 

jdex

SUNY Cortland's Carrel Joseph will play for the Republic of Haiti during the 2021 FIBA World Cup Qualifiers Americas Cup. Joseph was chosen to be a part of the 12-man roster for Haiti as they compete in the 2021 FIBA AmeriCup Caribbean Pre Qualifier. For the past several weeks, Joseph has been training in Miami for the chance to represent his country. A native of Haiti, Joseph recently graduated from SUNY Cortland.

"Being able to represent my country is an honor and a life long dream coming true," Joseph said. "I am looking forward to the experience."
The FIBA AmeriCup 2021 Caribbean Pre- Qualifier will qualify two teams for the FIBA AmeriCup 2021 Qualifiers beginning in September. The two qualified Caribbean teams will join the South American and Central American Pre- Qualifier Champions along with the four-eliminated Round One - FIBA Basketball World Cup Qualifier – Americas teams.

The Preliminary Phase for the FIBA AmeriCup 2021 Caribbean Pre- Qualifier begins on June 24 and concludes on June 28.

Bengalsrule

Congrats to Joseph. I'm glad we don't see him walking into BENGALS Sports Arena anymore!

Bengalsrule

1st week of SUNYAC hoops practice.   Nuff said!

magicman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 17, 2018, 03:33:39 AM

So you're not gonna tell me about the new players you have on the Bengals' roster this year? What about those transfers I heard rumors about?

Bengalsrule

Quote from: magicman on October 17, 2018, 03:56:18 AM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 17, 2018, 03:33:39 AM

So you're not gonna tell me about the new players you have on the Bengals' roster this year? What about those transfers I heard rumors about?

Stay tuned ol wise one!

The Law Firm

Greetings all! Welcome back to another year of what should be some good hoops! Please forgive me I have been out of touch for a while, but fear not I am back and looking forward to the YAC'! Magic Man - can I have your take on who should be the team(s) to beat in the early portion of the year? Bengalsrule, how are the boys looking up there in Buffalo? And to all my other fellow friends with connections to their respective programs, can you provide some insights? Thanks all! Peace and Light

LF

Riley056

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Riley056 on October 23, 2018, 09:05:13 AM
Predictions on who wins the league this season?

1st let me welcome a first time visitor to, the SUNYAC boards.  Hope it's not your last.

2nd I think that it's too early to predict a Yac winner , since most teams haven't posted thier rosters ( so you don't know what potentially eligible players didn't return and which ones did return) .

Having said that I'm sure at least 1 SUNYAC regular will predict the Plattsburgh Cards as his pick to walk away with the Yac chip.  I'm sure his reasoning, and others,  will include the return of last years league MVP and all American Jon Patron.  And to be honest, there are probably others within  the Yac family who would also pick the Cards to win it all.  The Cards return most of last years team although most, outside Clinton county, wont shed tears knowing that the Cards #2 and #3 scorers from last year (Eli Bryant, Eric Mack)  along with Zack Coleman will no longer enter the game on the Memorial court floor.

But it's early.  I will say this.  As a BENGALS homer, I'm excited about what I've seen so far at 1300 Elmwood.  Stay tuned Riley056 and Law Firm.  Hopefully you both will be back and stay in touch.In the past we've seen some brief cameos from folks who disappear after thier favorite team fizzles. I know there's a "magical" guy from the north country who would like to get to know you, and your favorite Yac team ( if you have one) and chat it up about, arguably, the best d3 basketball conference in the East region, if not on the east coast!

Stay tuned my friend.  Stay tuned.

Go BENGALS !