MBB: Skyline Conference

Started by Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker, July 28, 2004, 10:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The entire regular season has basically come down to this week: Championship Week.

Almost all conferences will determine their automatic bids to the NCAA tournament via their own tournaments. Those that haven't started already, will begin soon. And in a matter of a week, 87 teams on the men's and women's sides will know they are headed to the NCAA tournament.

Sunday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh talks to some of the teams who hope home court will be their ticket to the NCAA post-season play. Each of the teams featured tonight won their regular season conference titles and need to win their conference tournaments to get into the NCAA tournament.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET. Tune in here: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/feb21

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Stacey Brunner-Jones, Concordia-Wisconsin women's coach
- Mike Ricks, Birmingham-Southern women's coach
- Bernard Tomlin, SUNY Old Westbury men's coach
- Mike McDevitt, St. Joseph's (Maine) women's coach
- Ryan Scott, Mid-Atlantic Region Report

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

And a reminder the Hoopsville Fundraising Project is halfway to the deadline but we are not that close to the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Reserved Seat

Too hard to keep up with all the posts on this thread.

jmcozenlaw

Hello Moe........Larry........Curly.........

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There is a first time for everything. Right?

On Sunday's Hoopsville, Dave chats with a number of programs who have never been on the show. All of them are in conference races and yearning to position themselves well for conference tournaments. Not sure any of them were expected to be in this position.

It seems to be a theme that's pretty common of late.

At the same time, one coach has been so consistent that winning number 600 almost seemed like a forgone conclusion, but a player she has on the team now may be one of the best no one is talking about.

And what to make, again, with the men's Top 25? And who will be the last women's team(s) to stay undefeated this season? Ryan Scott joins Dave to chat in the Top 25 Double-take segment.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2GoBKlL

If you have questions, be sure to interact with the show on social media (see below) or email us your questions (hoopsville@d3hoops.com).

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Jeff Gard, UW-Platteville men's coach
- James Mooney, Mount Saint Vincent men's coach
- Carroll LaHaye, Randolph-Macon women's coach
- Lynn Hersay, Smith women's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com columnist (Top 25 Double-take)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Caz Bombers

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

We forgot to post this yesterday... or more realistically, didn't have time...

The NCAA Division III tournaments are set. We know which 128 teams will be playing for the national championship. But there were some surprises, maybe some controversy, and certainly a lot of questions.

On a special edition of Hoopsville, Dave McHugh was joined by Ryan Scott as they answered questions, tried to understand some of the decisions made, and pointed to some of the more interesting games to watch.

Dave also had a chance to talk more in depth about one of the big stories in the men's bracket, Yeshiva. Men's coach Elliot Steinmetz discussed the team's first ever conference title, NCAA tournament berth, and some of the scheduling changes that will take place to accommodate the school's religious background.

Dave will also talked to the men's committee chairs, Tim Fitzpatrick (Coast Guard Athletics Director), later in the show.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Monday's show here: http://bit.ly/2GFVq3M

Also, all podcasts from Sunday's and Monday's shows are available through their respective show pages... or the info below (where you can also subscribe to the podcast; (click on the images when necessary):

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The 2017-18 season is now complete. Congratulations to Nebraska Wesleyan and Amherst on their Division III national championships!

However, there is still some business to take care of ... we need to wrap up the season on Hoopsville.

Tune in Thursday, March 22 as Dave McHugh is joined by a few guests as we look back at the Championship Weekends along with looking ahead at what should be a busy off-season and exciting 2018-19 season.

Plus, it what may be surprising to some and expected from others, we talk to the now-retiring Mark Edwards of WashU men's basketball. We chat about 37 incredible years and why he feels it is time to walk off the court for good.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 2:00 p.m. ET on Thursday in the video player above.

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues.

Guests include (in order of appearance; subject to change):
- Mark Edwards, No. 15 WashU men's head coach
- Dale Wellman, No. 1 Nebraska Wesleyan head coach (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Tim Fitzpatrick, Coast Guard AD and men's basketball committee chair (from Sunday's postgame show)
- Gordon Mann interview with Emma McCarthy, No. 1 Amherst sophomore forward
- Max Pearce, SUNY Purchase Senior guard participating in the State Farm College Slam Dunk Championship in San Antonio
- Nathan Dennison, VP of Sales at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Fort Wayne, Ind. (from Sunday's postgame show)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):

Greek Tragedy

Based on boxscores, Yeshiva's Turell looks pretty good. Yeshiva 0-2 after two close losses.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!