MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODACfan1

Did voters pick JMU thinking that the Mimes kid would be there.  How good was he?  Is he leaving a significant hole in that lineup?

Toph

The polls were released on November 2.  The word that Mimes was out came in September.  Whether or not everyone knew was a different story.  Mimes is a dominant player.  Long, lean, athletic, and able to change the game with one thunderous slam.  However, as my preview for you stated, there are players to take his place.  JCU and its fans can't worry about what might have been if Mimes was playing, to take a quote slightly out of context:  "My team is on the floor."

jdean

Quote from: Toph on November 15, 2005, 10:04:26 PM
...to take a quote slightly out of context:  "My team is on the floor."

My team is still on the football field and the longer they play the less bball games I'll have to suffer thru. Other than Karpinski this will be a rebuilding (or should I say building?)year. I'll repeat my earlier plea Toph--don't beat us 70-0.
You can rub it in as much as you want---just let us make one free throw, one bunny. Mercy, mercy!!!

Greek Tragedy

Be sure to head over to the Multi-Regional Topics Board and select your team for the new Survivor Pool!  :D

You might actually win something!  ;D
Deadline is Friday before the first game's tipoff
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Greek Tragedy

Be sure to head over to the Multi-Regional Topics Board and select your team for the new Survivor Pool!  :D

You might actually win something!  ;D
Deadline is Friday before the first game's tipoff
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

jdean

The survivor pool overflowed thanks to the second posting. No one survived.

jdean

Good news and bad. The good news is MUC only has one home game in 2005. The better news is its Capital--and we all know only the women can play basketball at Cap.
The bad news is Mount lost their first backup big man for 6-8 wks due to injury.

Toph

The good news is that JCU won 137-127 over E&H and made it to the line68 times.  The bad news is that they made 37 of them.

jdean

It looks like MUC won their opening game against St Lawrence 89-79. Tommorow they play Penn State-Behrend.
That must have been a great game to call, Toph! How many free attempts did E & H have? The refs could have set some kind of record with their whistles.

Toph

jdean-
WJCU's coverage for basketball has not begun yet, so unfortunately I missed that one.  I was only looking at the box score.  E&H had 44 FT attempts.  Carroll won again on Saturday 73-72 over Mt. St. Joeseph (tough weekend for them, huh?). 

fishermba

Toph-

I decided to drive down to Mount St Joseph after the OSU v Mich game to watch the JCU final.  From prior post it seems like you werent able to see the game so I cant get your perspective but here is what I witnessessed:  This years team is definately weaker than the last few years.  They were having trouble with the full court press and if it wasnt for several Curran 3 pointers they would have been in trouble.  Very little if any inside game.  Derek Smith seems to be very 'rigid' in his movements and doesnt look smooth or natural on the floor.  He was put on the free throw line several times and missed a majority of them.  The rosters at the tourney didnt list any Freshman on the roster for JCU so not sure whats up.  From reading the stat sheet on the JCU website it looks like a freshman (Thomas Duncan) had a good game during the high scoring first game but then he never saw action in the second game.  During the game they subbed in player #15 who they identified as Tony DeM. but than when I look at the stat sheet on JCU website it says he only played in the first game??  Not sure if my game day thoughts are along the same page as you but it will be an interesting year.  The game versus Cleveland State could be a sad sad affair.  Anybody else see the game?

jdean

Fishermba:
Nothing, nothing would look good after watching OSU chew and spit out the team from up north. Wait til the OAC games begin and I bet they'll be ready.

Mount took it on the chin 73-62 with a freshman guard as leading scorer for Mount. Maybe they will be decent by
the 2nd half of the OAC schedule.

Toph

Fish-
I was not at the game, you are correct.  However, I think you are being a bit rushed in your judgement of this year's team.  To say that this team is "definitely weaker" than last year's team after just two games is ridiculous!  It's a long season, the new guys need time to get comfortable (and Franks needs time to get comfortable as well).  As for the lack of the inside game, I saw that Carroll was dominated on the glass, and that is a problem that needs to be remedied.  Smith only played 9 minutes, Franks and Roggenburk struggled.  Let's not get hasty in assessing the team, however.  They are 2-0 after their first two games, and a win is a win is a win, right?

And jdean-
Remember, this is a "(re)building" year, and you still have football playoffs to be excited about.  I think I'm going to make the trip to Alliance this Saturday to catch the Mount/Augie game.

bouncer1

jdean

Quote from: Toph on November 21, 2005, 11:51:34 AM
  I think I'm going to make the trip to Alliance this Saturday to catch the Mount/Augie game.

You picked a good one if, and that is a BIG IF, you like to watch 3 yds and a cloud of rubber pellets. I suggest you get a seat on the covered side as it doesn't look like those of us on the open side will be too comfortable.