MBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, February 24, 2005, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Nebraska Wesleyan and Colorado College are exceptions. There are no single institutions (as opposed to leagues) that are more isolated than those two schools. To compare the plight of the WIAC, IIAC, MIAC, ASC, SCIAC,etc., to that of Nebraska Wesleyan and Colorado College is to do those two schools a grave disservice. WIAC teams have it easy in terms of finding regional non-conf D3 games compared to the Prairie Wolves and the Tigers.

Colorado College deserves kudos for trying so hard to conform to D3 scheduling specs. Nebraska Wesleyan, as you noted, stopped trying a few years ago.

Same as Above

Sul Ross State down in Alpine, Texas is very isolated but they also play about 20 some conference games.  Palm Beach Atlantic down in West Palm Beach, Florida was D-III provisional for a year or two, but have now gone to a non-scholarship D-II (similar to Tampa University) and they were the only D-III in Florida.  However, they had no problem scheduling games in general obviously, but of course had no chance at "regional games".  Finlandia University up in the peninsula of the upper peninsula of Michigan, I believe is trying to go D-III, they are definitely isolated up there, with only two D-II's within decent driving distance.  Can't think of anybody else right now.  Back to watching Phil win the PGA.

Ralph Turner

Neb Wes has been both NAIA and D3 and has earned Directors Cup points in both classifications.  I wonder what the legislation that is being considered on scheduling minimums will do to Neb Wes.

The official SCAC press release, announcing the addition of Austin College as RHIT's replacement as mentioned on the football board, noted the SCAC's desire to expand to a 12-team 2-division conference.

The characteristics of the SCAC include healthy  endowments, strong academic reputations and FBK chapters.  Football-playing Colorado College was the consensus "no-brainer" to be one of the 2 candidates for expansion.  (They could easily become the travel partner for Austin College which is only one hour north of DFW Airport.)

Sul Ross State was a charter member of the predecessor conference to the ASC.  They are firmly placed in the ASC.  For isolation, Louisana College and Mississippi College are isolated as well.  Thru the outstanding leadership of the Commissioner Fred Jacoby, the ASC will continue to succeed.  The Holiday scheduling will help the ASC immensely, especially as a Holiday destination.

Fred Falcon

Brant Bailey, former Pointer star, has joined the New Zealand Breakers team and will room w/Rich Melzer. Melzer was quoted on their website urging the Breakers' coach to get Bailey on the team. NZ Breakers finished last in their Australian Basketball League last year. First game is September 4.

Old School

Any WIAC fan up for a vacation Labor Day weekend? http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Titan 2000

I am going to Superior to interview for the men's coaching position.  I figure they might hire me since I post here.

Same as Above

Good luck, Titan.  Competition will be fierce, as I hear the assistant manager at Subway is getting a look also.

Titan 2000

That could be my fallback job so back off.

Same as Above

warhawkguy

Nice set up Pat  tremendous improvement

what does this do? and this?

8)  WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS

Fortunately 2k, the Superior job has only been filled on an interim basis and you could have a shot at it next year.  However I've heard they're going to expand the search beyond Superior Senior High School so expect some competition.   ;)

Greek Tragedy

You still gonna have a "in game/pick em" link or not? I like the upgrade.  Gonna have to get used to it!  ???
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

loydxmas

Is their any truth to the rumor on the street that Jack B. is leaving Stevens Point and heading to Concordia of Wisconsin?  If he leave what happens at UWSP with their staff?

True Basketball Fan

They live sad dreary lives in the dimension of mediocrity....

I'm sure they'll be fine, their resumes are better lookin' than most, and their references aren't too shabby also.

warhawkguy

Quote from: loydxmas on August 16, 2005, 03:37:49 PM
Is their any truth to the rumor on the street that Jack B. is leaving Stevens Point and heading to Concordia of Wisconsin?  If he leave what happens at UWSP with their staff?

Why in the world would Jack want to leave SP to coach at LMC, Concordia?  It's a weaker program in a weaker league so it's a backwards move career wise and he's been a little too successfull for that.  Personally, I don't think there is any substance to the rumor or that the SP staff has a thing to worry about presently.

I know Jack reads this board so he has to be aware of these rumors.  Plus I'm sure they've spread beyond here.  So why doesn't he come out with some sort of statement?  Or has he and I haven't seen it?

But I haven't still ruled out the possibility of his retirement, though I'm doubting it, because I can't get Dick out of the back of my mind.   Would Jack leave Point after the season has begun?  I wouldn't think so but I didn't think Dick would either.

uww4ever

The new format of this posting is kind of confusing.  Interesting graphics, but I liked to see my status as a poster because Junior Varsity is all about I am good for when it comes to b-ball. :D