WBB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by Warrior Fish, December 16, 2004, 12:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior Fish

Three-Ball,
Yes, I agree that the tourney is a long way away.

I think this strech over the next month will prove a lot.  It will be interesting as we will see leaders emerge and the plot start to thicken like your moms homemade gravy.  

Happy Holidays to everyone who reads this, you are like the armed forces; The Few, and The Proud.  

PEACE

Warrior Fish

Well, its after the holidays, and apparently I will be talking to myself!  

I hope everyone had a good holiday and that everyone comes back ready to talk some lady LMC basketball!!  

Trey, thanks for the christmas letter by the way.  

PEACE

pannounce

I must say that I have to compliment Edgewood's First Year Head Coach Bobbi Endress and the job her and her staff is doing thus far.  The Eagles came out this past week and beat a quality Marian team, and they continue their strong play as the season progresses.  Edgewood seems to have a different attitude than in years past and hopefully they can keep building on their momentum throughout the rest of the regular season and into tournament play.  They don't have many flashy players by no means, but they are starting to learn the game of basketball and quite frankly, are getting enjoyable to watch.  Look for the Eagles to make some strides in the tournament this  year.

trey

Quick recap:

TUES.--Warriors lose to the Fish, in part (I only say in part) due to some horrendous reffing.  If you look at my track record, you know I don't speak of calls or no calls, but instead of players and teams.  HOWEVER this is the exception, as a slew of highly questionable whistles in the last few minutes hurt the Warriors--including a charge on a flop with 0.4 left.  Who calls a charge with 0.4 left, 12 feet away from the basket?  Unreal.  Warrior Fish, you were there, tell it like it is.

SAT.--Although I was not in attendance, the ladies pulled out a big road W at Marian.  K. Christensen had a solid game for the men in second game of the doubleheader (24/10, game winning free throws), but the ladies also had something special.  Specifically, Kami "Perfect" Ten Pas lived up to her billing with a big 23 and an even bigger three with 0.6 left to win the game--her first trey of the year, mind you.  I'm guessing the Warriors learned a lesson from that Wednesday game:  When in doubt, take the outside shot for the win instead of driving to the rack and getting a player-control foul.

That's all for now.  Post on, Warrior Fish, and hello newcomers, Mr. Peter Pannounce!  Two is company, three is a party.

Warrior Fish

Welcome Pannounce, it is nice to talk to more than just one other person.  Trey can be a little boaring at times and his viewpoints narrow. j/k

Yes, 3-ball, i have to agree that the call with .4 left was a little bit WRONG.  I had a clear view of it and it was not a charge by any means.  But, you and I both know that to error is human.  It is a tough loss for the Warriors, who until that point were undefeated in conference.  

Lakeland may be injured, but they are still the defending conference champs.  These past few weeks with wins against Concordia,(who defeated Edgewood in OT, a team who until a victory over alverno was 0-11) Wisconsin Lutheran, and MSOE, Lakeland has showed great heart in being able to preform with what they have left.  Good Job Ladies.

WLC also shows somthin with a win over Marian this past weekend.  Props to Kami for that huge 3.  Granted, that might be her first of the year, but doubt that it is the first attempt also.  

The race toward post season play is heating up.  Every game will be exciting!  except alverno and MSOE  games.  

Warrior Fish

Lakeland dominates a Maranatha team that I believe I said was suprizing me at the beginning of the year.  

How can a team that beats Edgewood before Christmas fall to ALVERNO after the holiday break???  That just baffles me to no end.  

In the first half, Lakeland outscored MBBC by 34.  Then, MBBC must have had one heck of a halftime pep talk cauz they outscored LC 27-13 in the second half, and LC played starters!!  I think MBBC has some potential.  Bond needs to keep that free-range shot under control.  If you cant hit a shot from 24', dont keep trying.  Learn how to dish the ball inside to those two big girls and in a few years, you'll have the twin tower option that Lakeland has now with Porter and Steinert.  

Also, big props to LC's Steinert for scoring her 1000'th point at Lakeland.  An incredable feat considering she scored just 82 points her freshman year.  

PEACE

Warrior Fish

Well, since no one else apparently cares about LMC women's basketball, I am getting rather discouraged.   I dont want to keep posting just so I can reflect on how great my opinions are!

LC lays a "smokey the bear" down on the Inferno, dousing their fire.  Even with all sorts of injuries, the Muskies continue their domination of the LMC.  Its to bad that there is not more compitition in the LMC other than WLC.  That sets a team up for failure in the NCAA Tourney.  Soft schedules and sub-par opponents = bad news bears (Walter Matthau) for anyone who makes it that far.  

WLC gets shut down by an impressive EC showing in the Edgedome.  Not exactly sure how EC can get to be 21 points up on WLC, but goes to show that there is a lot of mediocrity in the league.  

LC goes to Marian this week.  Look for a repeat win by the Muskies. (that is of course if anyone cares)  WLC has Alverno and MSOE.  

So, in summary, this week is not the best for getting into LMC women's basketball, as there are only 3 games to care about and even those are foregone conclusions.  Perhaps we should start watching SuperBowl Pregame shows this week!  GO NEW ENGLAND!!  

PEACE

pannounce

Should be a dandy tonite at the Edgedome....both Lakeland and Edgewood are at 7-2, Lakeland has something to prove since they got it handed to them at Lakeland back in December, should be an exciting game.

Warrior Fish

Turns out you were mistake Pannounce.  Unless you consider seeing two teams shoot <40% in a game.  

Personally, I have seen those games and let me tell you, at some point, you might just wanna be drug out and shot rather than suffer another hip-heaved shot and the sound of a clang off the rim.  Granted, the fights for the rebounds can be rather entertaining, but not worth the rest of the game.  

Not that anyone reads this stuff besides three people, and maybe not even that, but EC is now in first place (first time in two years LC has not been first) and there is a three way tie for 2nd.  For the first time in history, the tournament might actually be interesting!

PEACE

gOsLiNg GuIdEr

The Lady Crusaders getting back on track with an OT win over WLC. If there wasn't such a BIG hiccup right in the middle of the season there might have been a three way race for conference. Now a first round tourny matchup in the tin shed will have to do.

trey

I'm back, and just to help everyone breathe a little easier, I would like to announce that yes, God has cleared me to post.

Now, onto the "Wow, Amazing!" things that are happening in the LMC:

- Of course, Lakeland is out of first place, with that ever-so-tight battle at the top (three teams within one game of Edgewood)
- Maranatha has four conference wins, including the overtime "Tin Shed Thrilla" last night
- The WLC/Natha game ended up 88-85, probably the highest scoring game since, oh, forever
- Emily Laete on the WLC putting up 30 points all over the map

If this post isn't up to par, I've been a tad incoherent since I saw the 88-85 score this morning.  I mean, what is more believable--the Caped Crusaders beating WLC, or both teams putting up those kinds of numbers?  I love it--it has restored my faith, for a moment, in LMC ladies' hoops.

Pannounce, good to see you make a one-time post here/switcheroo from the men's side.  How about your future ex-wife, 007 (I mean Kim Bond) hitting the clutch shots last night?  You should pray that she sticks with you in the future.  Your kid would certainly have a bright future--either in broadcasting or basketball.

pannounce

Yea, I'll tend to wander over on this side of the board from time to time.  So my girl had a good one against Lutheran.  Good to hear...and good for her!  Trey, you're more optimistic about our future than I am...although I did play basketball all 4 years in high school, so I think our children will be alright.  

In any case....not only is there a three way tie for second...should Marian knock off Edgewood at Marian this Saturday, there would be a three way tie for first, pending on who would be tied for first after the WLC Lakeland game.  With four games to go, tourney is just around the corner.

trey

Warrior Fish--where are you at?  It's been almost one week since your last foray into this area?  And I thought you were the chief of all LMC lady basketball gurus.

Pannounce, I wish you were bringing Ms. Bond to the Valentine's Day rumble between the men of Edgewood and WLC.  Sorry to hear that you will not be in attendance.

Oh yes, PA, how are you and our mutual friend Mr. Bizrizzo associated?  Is this an based on your grade school/HS experiences around the Appleton area?

pannounce

Oh yea, me and Biz go way back to the evangelical grade school basketball court.  He was a little upset with me on deciding to go to the public school after my eighth grade graduation.  We played against each other in high school and he dominated me when he played D-Line and I was QB.  We see each other out downtown Appleton from time to time.  

Yea I was too scared to ask Bond to the V-Day game at the REX.  I might just send her flowers instead.  I think I have a new crush now, the Concordia women's head coach.  Not a bad looking gal.  Maybe I'll send her some flowers too.  Oh yea Edgewood won tonite, big.  They win one on Saturday against Alverno, they'll clinch a share of the conference title.  

PA

JustBallin

Amongst all this Eureka/Rockford talk going on, it looks like those Aurora girls made a statement last night @ Eureka, beating them by one in overtime.  I didn't get to see the game, but I'd start taking those girls seriously right now, everyone knows how they like to start peaking at around this time.  As for Dominican, whom the Aurora girls also beat, I guess you can't win unless you shoot a ton of free throws, and that was definitely proven at your place this past Tuesday night. On top of that, that was the most horrible display of sportsmanship, that I have ever seen from a team.  How about you try proving yourselves by playing ball, and not by trying to seriously injure the other players.  I definitely noticed that from the stands that night.  And...I'm kinda shocked about this...But what's going on with BU right now?  They're not lookin too good at the moment.  

What's the word eaglepride..?  Lack of leadership, or is it just playing woes..? Or, could it be, team chemistry, perhaps...?