Draft for D3 New York baseball

Started by AlleyCat, May 22, 2008, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theguru25

i can definitely see the diminos getting a look from somewhere. very fast, can hit, and both have 2 of the best college arms i have ever seen

reddragon00

Reardon from RPI...no way!   Good college player but not much else there.   I haven't seen much in NYS.   Down year but who knows

theguru25

Filak solidified his worth today. Complete game 3 hitter vs. Cortland with 10 k's. Topped at 93mph

John McGraw

Quote from: reddragon00 on May 07, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
Reardon from RPI...no way!   Good college player but not much else there.   I haven't seen much in NYS.   Down year but who knows

Reminds of me Pollard; same basic thing as a solid Division III player that can put up good offensive numbers. And Pollard didn't move on to play anywhere.

airball55

Aren't the Dimino's like 23-25 yrs. old each??  It seems they have been around a long time and I don't see either of them getting a chance based on their age alone.  If I am wrong I apologize.

Reardon no.

Filak top 7 rounds.

Anderson Gardner would have a shot but his size will hurt him.  Dan Jurik out of Fisher has had following all season long.  Wouldn't surprise to see a senior sign from him.

John McGraw

Quote from: airball55 on May 08, 2010, 08:26:28 PM
Aren't the Dimino's like 23-25 yrs. old each??  It seems they have been around a long time and I don't see either of them getting a chance based on their age alone.  If I am wrong I apologize.

Reardon no.

Filak top 7 rounds.

Anderson Gardner would have a shot but his size will hurt him.  Dan Jurik out of Fisher has had following all season long.  Wouldn't surprise to see a senior sign from him.

They'll get a shot somewhere though sitting out an entire year and being at three-four different schools in five years is a pretty big red flag for me. I remember reading somewhere that they had a relative, perhaps their father, that was a scout. That might help. Neither I think is a great player though if you put the two together, you'd have a pretty decent talent.

Jurik might be an independent guy. His numbers this year and the other year Fisher went to the tournament are solid but he just doesn't stand out that much to me. His numbers in the NYCBL for Webster last year aside from strikeout-to-walk ratio were pretty awful including the over 4.00 ERA in a bad Western Division. Plus, he's a guy from a little-known school in upstate New York - that won't help. At least Oneonta's Filak has been on everyone's radar this year - plus Schellinger and Salamida both pitched professionally in affiliated baseball.

airball55

AlleyCat

How hard is Filak throwing. I heard earlier in the season thatn he was hitting 94-95. If thats the case, he will go in the top 5 rounds.

Not bad for a guy who was a catcher in High School.

DogHead

Filak is legit. 92-94 with a slider/curve that he throws for strikes. I think it's like a knuckle curve of some sort but when he's throwing that for strikes, he's obviously very good.

scscoach

Dan Jurik was extremely impressive against Brockport lastnight. I saw as many as 3 guns clocking him. Filak had 9 guns on him in his game though.

AlleyCat

Any thoughts on players from NY in the Draft this year.

D'Amato from St John Fisher may get a look, any others?