WBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Former Sciac Player, March 11, 2004, 05:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WLCALUM83

83-81 LaVerne  53 seconds left in regulation.

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

LaVerne/Chapman in OT! (Chapman went on a 27-9 run to force extra time! Incredible!

WLCALUM83

WLCALUM83

Less than 3 minutes left, LaVerne's Jones fouls out. Ly fouled out on the ensuing play.

WLCALUM83

1:03 left in OT   Chapman up 100-94:

WLCALUM83

Final:  Chapman 108, LaVerne 97 OT. (Chapman hit their free-throws in OT  and Kamiyama hit several 3's to lead the comeback that forced the OT.)

Kamiyama--34 points on the night-including 17-18 from the FT line!

WLCALUM83

mcmfan

Chapman fans —
Your team is in the national playoffs after an overtime victory just two days ago, and this is all the posting you can come up with?  Sure, HPU is the odds-on favorite to win Saturday, but I'm still surprised there's not more fan excitement being expressed here.  Isn't anyone from Chapman rooting for an upset??
Alacumba!

Chapminite

Everyone has been doubting Chapman all year and they have won 17 games in a row since losing to Puget Sound and they are 23-5!  They are a different team since playing Puget and deserve respect nationally.  They have a very close group that works hard and has a lot of heart and talent for a team who's biggest player is 6'0 and barely plays.  They beat everyone in the SCIAC and came back to win a thriller in the 1st round of the playoffs with Hayman and Belou (their 2 leading scorers) sitting most of the game.  They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  I will be cheering on Chapman and do believe if they come out and play a smart game, limit their TO's, limit second chance opportunities for HPU and their key players (hayman, belou, ly) stay out of foul trouble and stay on the court we will have a hell of a game.  Get that upset Chapman!!!!!!

Chapminite

42-22 HPU over Chapman at the half.  Lets hope Chapman can muster up another comeback!  Over 4000 people in attendance! 

Chapminite

You have a lot to be proud about Chapman Panthers! You broke the school record for consecutive wins with 17 and went 23-6 this year.  Next year with a healthy Belou and everyone except 1 player returning with the addition of some recruits they will be a very tough team to beat.  Great job this year Girls!

Howlinwolf

2007-08...keep an eye on the Oxy Tigers. Influx of new energy and talent over past two recruiting seasons will make them a contender this year. If young players develop as anticipated and coaches get the fresh faces to play together, then they'll be a formidable squad. May have the most depth of any SCIAC team.

Sabretooth Tiger

Howlinwolf is dead on.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tigers take league and go a round or two into the playoffs!

It's going to be an exciting year for Oxy hoops.

joepoet

Will the Women also be involved in the four team tournament concept? I hope so, post season tournaments add excitement and provide teams additional games to prepare for the NCAA DIII BBall tourny.