BB: CAC: Capital Athletic Conference

Started by bisonpride, January 11, 2006, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighHeat

SU host #1 Cortland St. on Friday. It is Cortlands first game of the season. Should be a good one up in Salisbury

fightingquaker1

I like Salisbury in this match up. Their entire team is SOLID. It being Cortland's first game, I think they may have a few jitters in their system...

LTBB1971

Although Salisbury falls in the polls to number 2, they no-hit Hilbert College and rolled to 24-0 win.  Andrew Miller had 3 doubles and 4 RBI's.

fightingquaker1

I was just checking out Salisbury's out of conference schedule and I noticed it looked pretty weak. Anybody else think that? I haven't even heard of some of those teams. And one of their losses was to York College, who I know Greensboro beat this season. Any thoughts on their schedule strength?

RSSmith

Quote from: fightingquaker1 on March 20, 2009, 09:22:16 AM
I was just checking out Salisbury's out of conference schedule and I noticed it looked pretty weak. Anybody else think that? I haven't even heard of some of those teams. And one of their losses was to York College, who I know Greensboro beat this season. Any thoughts on their schedule strength?

Don't sleep on York.  After losing their first two games (Greensboro and Emory) they have rattled off 13 straight wins, including Salisbury, Messiah, Piedmont and Elizabethtown.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

HighHeat

Quote from: fightingquaker1 on March 20, 2009, 09:22:16 AM

get a clue quaker. salisbury plays plenty of tough teams such as cortland, york, mary washington, va wesleyan, nc wesleyan, to name a few. im looking at guilford's schedule and see you guys losing to southern virginia, case western reserve, haverford, etc. dont worry, when it is all said and done, salisbury will be in good shape while your oxymoron quakers are sitting on their thumbs.

LTBB1971

York is n longer riding under the radar to surprise anyone.  At 16-2 and 7-0 in conference (same conference as #2 Salisbury), they can longer be underated.  Ranked #21 at this week's DIII rankings, they continue to get great pitching from freshman K.C. Beshore (3-0, 1.80 ERA), and junior Jason Christenberry (4-0, 2.67 ERA) along with sophmore Kyle Cook (2-1, 1.69 ERA, 4 SAVES).

They have won 16 in a row with quality wins over Piedmont, #2 Salisbury, with two more to play vs #2 Salisbury on March 29th.

HighHeat

Salisbury defeats York 30-6 in the first game of the doubleheader. That is not a typo either, the final score was 30-6.

Okay so heres the deal why this is a problem. York's head coach left the third pitcher in to give up 18 runs in 2 innings. Not only is this a serious problem with me but the kid that was left out to dry was a freshman. He gave up 15 hits and two walks as well in those 2 innings. I were to guess, the kid may have thrown over 100 pitches in the in his outing.

His statistics are ruined for the entire season. Most likely, the kid is going to be shaken for not only this season but for years to come. His chances of getting into a quality summer league have dwindled. I dont care if he has run out of pitching, bring someone else in.

NCWC

Quote from: HighHeat on March 29, 2009, 08:03:57 PM
Salisbury defeats York 30-6 in the first game of the doubleheader. That is not a typo either, the final score was 30-6.

Okay so heres the deal why this is a problem. York's head coach left the third pitcher in to give up 18 runs in 2 innings. Not only is this a serious problem with me but the kid that was left out to dry was a freshman. He gave up 15 hits and two walks as well in those 2 innings. I were to guess, the kid may have thrown over 100 pitches in the in his outing.

His statistics are ruined for the entire season. Most likely, the kid is going to be shaken for not only this season but for years to come. His chances of getting into a quality summer league have dwindled. I dont care if he has run out of pitching, bring someone else in.

I completely agree with you here.  Somebody in that situation would have to bite the bullet in the first game of a conf. series.  But 18 runs is ridiculous. The only good that happens there is you know for sure the kid is a team player. One he might lose after the season.
16 USA South/ Dixie Conference titles, 12 Regional titles, 2  World Series titles

baseballdad

That was defineitly a bad decesion by the coach.  That kid will be tarnished for a long time because of that outing.  Game being out of hand bring anyone into throw and not let a kid go through that pounding.

I do believe Salisbury was on a mission this weekend to avenge two losses to St.Marys and York.  Pitching was great on Sat and the bats exploded on Sunday.

LTBB1971

Although Salisbury (21-4, CAC 9-3) is currently one game behind Stevenson (12-12, CAC 8-2) in conference, they have not played each other.  I do not believe Stevenson with their .272 team batting average can keep up with the Sea Gulls offense.  Seniors Max Eckert and Ryan Baione are only bats in lineup that scare anyone.

baseballdad

I have not seen Stevenson play but I think overall Salisbury's pitching and hitting are to deep for Stevenson to overcome in a three game series.  Should be a good series when they meet.

LTBB1971

I think Salisbury is only team that that if does not win the CAC tournament will get an at large bid to Regionals.  York at 23-7 does have a good shot as well, but Wesley College at 22-12-1 will for sure need to win the tournament to get win.  I like their hitting and the pitching with Faulkner, Keckler, Doran and Warner has been solid all year.  What hinders them is losses to Wilkes, Eastern, Albright and Neumann.

Stargell

Where is the love for the CAC in 2010?

Stargell

Bison with a CAC win, first one in 13 years.  Congrats to Coach Pride!