MBB: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by diehardfan, March 05, 2005, 10:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifth and Putnam

My initial thoughts is that Anderson is probably to low and Hanover is to high. Time of course will tell but Anderson was a pretty darn good basketball team last year that couldn't put it together every night on a consistent basis. They return all 5 starters. Surprised to see the fall off on Defiance. I think they drop off but I am not sure they slip THAT far. Probably a middle of the pack team. Should be another fun year in the HCAC.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Cooper Theobald was fouled a couple times in Transy's 2OT win at Defiance... he went 29 of 32 from the line which as far as I can tell are both season highs in D3 this year. ???
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: FCGrizzliesGrad on January 07, 2017, 07:38:59 PM
Cooper Theobald was fouled a couple times in Transy's 2OT win at Defiance... he went 29 of 32 from the line which as far as I can tell are both season highs in D3 this year. ???

The 32 is an all-time D3 record that's stood since 1999.  I'm pretty sure 29 is the season high, but the NCAA stats page is a little buggy right now, so I can't confirm.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

In every season there are surprises. Teams who rise to the top at some point making everyone take a second look at what is going on. For most, it is a matter of making sure they are still around come the midway part of the season. Are they still for real?

On Thursday's night's Hoopsville, Dave chats with teams who clearly aren't just start-to-the-season flash-in-the-pans. Some conference races are not shaping up how many expected when the season began and for these squads they are perfectly fine with that.

Don't forget tonight's coverage looks primarily at the East, Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, and West Regions, but will also include taking a look at this week's NCAA Convention and other news around Division III basketball.

Hoopsville hits the air live at 7:00 PM ET. You can watch the show on the following link or on Facebook Live: http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan19. If you are unable to watch the show live, you can catch up On Demand or listen (or download) the podcasts (available when the show concludes).

Don't forget to contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag" segment. Email questions you may have to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. Dave will answer them on air tonight or on a future show.

Guests scheduled to appear (in order of appearance):
- Mike Miller, Messiah women's head coach
- Chris Downs, St. Lawrence men's head coach
- Jon Miller, Hanover men's head coach
- Chris Novak, Bethel men's head coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

FCGrizzliesGrad

For the first time in the d3h era, the HCAC is still alive past the 2nd round. Hanover probably should be hosting the pod but Wartburg is 65 miles too far to drive so instead they'll have to take on the home team Hope to keep the season going.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Fifth and Putnam

Great year for the HCAC and I'd also like to point my first post at the top of this page was dead wrong. Hanover had a ton of question marks before the year started (Coach Miller admitted the same) but they've come together and put together a special year. All the best to the Panthers this weekend as they look to continue on in the tournament at Hope.

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on March 10, 2017, 10:17:01 PM
Any video of McKinney's buzzer beater?

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2017/03/10/hanover-advances-d-iii-tourney-mckinneys-buzzer-beater/99040124/

Kind of amusing how McKinney's teammates react. He hits the game winner and none of them run over to McKinney in the corner.  ???  ;D  :P
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

gordonmann

Yeah! They all ran away from him! No one said anything to him until one of his teammates punched him playfully in the hand shake line. I think they were shocked themselves.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Looking through some stats... found some good ones.
The HCAC was #1 in FG% (46.79%, MIAC next at 46.67%) and FT% (72.47, WIAC next at 72.09%) while they were #4 in 3pt% (36.41% and everyone ahead is nearby with WIAC 37.52, MIAA 37.02, OAC 36.65)

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

There are always a lot of games on the opening weekend of the Division III basketball season, but that doesn't always translate into headlines. Not this season. There is plenty to talk about and  Hoopsville is the place to find out what many of it means... if anything.

On Sunday's show, Dave will not only take a look at some of the incredible streaks that were broken. With the help of several guests, Dave will also get a look at who looked best at the Great Lakes Invitational while also talking to a few teams looking for solid seasons ahead.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 pm ET be advised, the show will not feature video until after the Thanskgiving break): http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2017-18/nov19. You can also listen to the podcast, located to the right, after the show is off the air.

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Around the Nation columnist
- Darrin Travillian, Maryville (Tenn.) women's coach
- Tom Palombo, No. 18 Guilford men's coach
- Jon Miller, No. 4 Hanover men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

zander

Dead here in the hcac? Where is everyone? Nice win for the Panthers this week on msj floor. Tightens the league up a bit for the rest of the season.

FCGrizzliesGrad

It's usually pretty quiet around here. Generally less than a page of posts a year.

It's a nice 4 team battle at the halfway mark of conference play, MSJ, Transy, Hanover, and even Rose lurking there with wins over both Pioneers and Panthers.
Franklin sits just a game out of the last conference tournament spot which Anderson occupies. Didn't think the Ravens would struggle this much.

Basketball
2015 Nat'l Pickem

Soccer

hopefan

Such a good basketball conference to attract so little interest on this page.... a shame for the kids who play.... :-[
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

Shouldbeworking

Gets serious Wednesday with Rose @ MSJ and Transy @ Hanover.

newCCIWfan

Quote from: Shouldbeworking on January 22, 2018, 10:31:50 AM
Gets serious Wednesday with Rose @ MSJ and Transy @ Hanover.

Two interesting games last night!!