So the league race took shape last night....
Seed and Scenario
1. ONU or Marietta: They play on Saturday. Winner is the top seed.
2. JCU. Regardless of the outcome of the game above, JCU will be the 2 with a win over CAP. ONU would have the the tie breaker over JCU by being 2-0 vs. MAR. Marietta would be a game ahead if the Pios win.
3. Assuming JCU takes care of business against Cap, ONU or Marietta: Loser goes here. ONU would be a game behind JCU. Marietta would fall to the three in a three way tie because they would be 0-2 against ONU. However, there is a chance with an ONU loss and a JCU loss, JCU could be the three.
4. Most likely Mount Union. Mount is the outright 4 seed with a win over last place Ott. If they lose, then: Two way tie possibilities. Mount and BW (1-1), Mount wins by being 1-1 vs. ONU. Mount and Muskingum (Mount is 2-0), Mount wins tie. Mount and Cap Mount Mount is 2-0. Mount would come out on top in a three way tie which involves Muskingum or Capital due to being 2-0 against both of them and BW splitting with both.
5. So the contenders for this seed are Musk, BW and Cap who are all 7-10. The games:
- MUSK @ Berg
- BW @ Wilm
- CAP @ JCU
- All Three are 1-1 against each other
A Muskingum win looks like it gives them the 5th seed. The tie breaker vs BW is the win against JCU. The tie breaker against Cap would be their 2-0 record vs Wilmington where Cap is 0-2.
A muskingum loss opens the door for the others, but there could still be a 4 way tie for the fifth spot if both BW and CAP lose on Saturday.
- If Berg loses to Muskingum they will be 8th
- Lots of other possibilities.
Wilmington and Ott have been eliminated.
Marietta over ONU at home.
JCU over Cap (Mike Moran's last regular season home game as coach...)
Mount over Ott
Musk over Berg
BW over Wilmington.
My predictions for the tourney.
1. Marietta vs. 8. Berg
2. JCU vs. 7. Cap
3. ONU vs. 6. BW
4. Mount vs. 5. Musk
(I could see BW and Muskingum switching spots though).