MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

Had a great visit to the pleasant environs of W. Michigan last week, lunch with Flying Dutch Fan (my enthusiasm for Hope Basketball was quickly renewed) and several drive-bys of the new Basketball Facilty.  The new building Looks HUGE, very impressive - however, the inside scoop is that construction is behind schedule, and that HOPE has reserved all November and December dates at the Civic Center "just in case".  Would be a real shame if the MIAA-CCIW building opener had to move.  Things have got to go very well for the mid November date to be hit.

I really miss Hope hoops, MIAA hoops etc.  It's tough to visit....
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

mrswylie

Hopefan,

Next time you're in the area, give me a call.  I'd love to catch up.  Maybe you'll be in town for the MIAA-CCIW tourney?

Flying Dutch Fan

Okay, and what is the significance of that?  I know it's DIII vs DI - anything more than that?  

(Message edited by fdf on August 5, 2005)

Civic Minded

Cryptic messages from Sac...hmmmmmm....

Isn't it basketball season yet?

sac

FDF--It's D3 vs D1, and me being in a hurry.

Nice article with good pictures from the Sentinel, what I took from the article was that DeVos has 320 light fixtures.

Which is 308 more than Olivet's Upton Gym!

Stinger

Nice hot pants Glenn!  

Come on FDF, SAC, can't you teach that guy a little fashion sense?
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Nigel Powers - Goldmember

Flying Dutch Fan

Talked to Josh Wolfe last night at a rec league game (former student assistant at Hope).  He is currently the assistant mens BB coach at DIII Lakeland (located in Sheboygan, WI and a memeber of the LMC conference).  Lakeland is one of the teams that will be in the Russ DeVette tourney between Christmas and New Years.  

Oh, and his brother can really hit the three!!!

knightfan25

I'm sure his borther can't hit the 3 better than a certain someone on Calvin's basketball team.

devossed

And here's an interesting look at the new Survivor:Guatemala cast for next fall...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/" target=_top>http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/

If his dad (Gary) wins, does Jake Hogeboom get seed money for his real estate business?

knightfan25

Flying Dutch Fan

KF25 - I always feel special, that's they joy of being a Hope fan.

And a quick question, are you Andy Drayer's brother?

knightfan25

Flying Dutch Fan