FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 17, 2018, 04:40:38 PM
hard to imagine they gave much of a sh** about this game, Caz knows he didn't. Again, now Utica thinks it's people Lose-lose.

Well it didn't seem like they were messing around or anything, and it was actually a fun game to watch, but we have no idea how the team approached the game or what the morale was like. That is what a lot of people don't understand with these games.  I believe the coach wanted it, so that means he is going to try to keep morale up, but imagine if the coach didn't want it?  I think that is a big part of these games.  I guess I hope the IC players had fun Nd don't take this game too seriously

Caz Bombers

now that Swanstrom has re-established winning (mostly winning anyway) football at IC, put his mark on the program, and erased the miasma of the last few Welch years, it's time for the athletic department to put its foot down and decline all further time/money wasting NGAF Bowls.

Hobart absolutely has the right idea. NCAA playoffs or it's turkey and mashed potatoes time.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Caz Bombers on November 17, 2018, 05:12:13 PM
now that Swanstrom has re-established winning (mostly winning anyway) football at IC, put his mark on the program, and erased the miasma of the last few Welch years, it's time for the athletic department to put its foot down and decline all further time/money wasting NGAF Bowls.

Hobart absolutely has the right idea. NCAA playoffs or it's turkey and mashed potatoes time.

I'm fine with that too, but if the coach tells the team they want to win as many games as possible and that the team wants to play and have fun, then why not?  But if losing a game because you can't control your team, and losing puts more of a damper on the season than winning would do on the other side, then yea, the game is a waste of time

Bartman

Quote from: Machiavelli on November 17, 2018, 08:31:41 AM
Man, there are some crusty straight edges in here. That football throw move was awesome. If he turned around and chucked it at some RPI dude and smoked him in the nads, different story. Football is an emotional sport. Emotions do come out and should come out. As long as it's not disrespectful. Throwing a football into the abyss isn't disrespectful. It's awesome particularly at the time it was done(unlike the NFL dudes who dance after a sack when you're down 3 TDs).

And to the dude talking about not having the ball in 15 years or whatever...Haven't you read anything from the disgruntled Union clan? No way the Union Administration would've let them keep that ball with such a tight athletics budget. Although, now that i think of it, it was an RPI ball in the first place so we probably woulda just let him have it. We don't skimp on athletic budgets like Union.
+k to Mach for making sense and understanding the emotion of the moment . Good luck to the Engineers this weekend.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Oline89

I watched one Brockport game this season, the pounding of Hobart in week 1.  There is no doubt Hobart got much better by the end of the year, but even so,  the Brockport team on Sept 1 was unbeatable.  What has happened?  Are there injuries that we don't know about?  Have they become complacent?  Are there issues with coaching staff?  I am amazed that they gave up 17 points to Framingham, and only won by 10.  Not the Jugggernaut I saw in week 1.  RPi actually has a fighter's chance in this one, that I didn't think existed 2 months ago.

wesleydad

Quote from: Oline89 on November 19, 2018, 09:59:47 AM
I watched one Brockport game this season, the pounding of Hobart in week 1.  There is no doubt Hobart got much better by the end of the year, but even so,  the Brockport team on Sept 1 was unbeatable.  What has happened?  Are there injuries that we don't know about?  Have they become complacent?  Are there issues with coaching staff?  I am amazed that they gave up 17 points to Framingham, and only won by 10.  Not the Jugggernaut I saw in week 1.  RPi actually has a fighter's chance in this one, that I didn't think existed 2 months ago.

Seems that teams are able to pass on them.  No one has been able to run on them all season.  Framingham had 450 yards passing despite throwing 3 ints.  Germinerio was only 19 - 40, which is not good enough for a team that wants to win it all.  Interesting stat for Framingham, 7 penalties for 147 yards.  21 yards per penalty?????

I agree, RPI has a fighters chance in this one.  They seem to like to be balanced, but will have to rely on the pass to win the game.  Play mistake free and get some turnovers from Brockport and who knows.

ITH radio

I think there were something like 4 FY starters on defense in last weekend's game. A lot of guys who were hurt coming back this weekend. The last FSU TD was with 45 seconds left. It was garbage time. 
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on November 19, 2018, 10:13:39 AM

I think there were something like 4 FY starters on defense in last weekend's game. A lot of guys who were hurt coming back this weekend. The last FSU TD was with 45 seconds left. It was garbage time.
Were the injuries to the defensive backfield? Pass rushers?  450 yards passing is a lot, no matter who was playing

ITH radio

Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Ice Bear

Quote from: ITH radio on November 19, 2018, 10:13:39 AM

Unfortunately dlip still believes wholeheartedly BP is going to have a tough time making any kind of mark in the semi's (that's even if they get there). IDHO the few teams that are in the top tier could have a ****ing hospital wing filled with injuries and they would still completely monkey stomp Framingham (who dlip thinks is quite good) through and through. BP's play as of late just doesn't match with that tier at all. If they were in that tier they would just be killing everyone injuries or no injuries. dlip hopes he's wrong but he wholeheartedly believes he is correct. ****.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

gordonmann

I'm with you, Dutchboy.

We're headed toward yet another season where the only four teams with a meaningful shot at the Stagg Bowl are Mount Union, Mary Hardin-Baylor, the best team in the WIAC (Whitewater) and the best team in the MIAC (St. John's this year).

The rest should enjoy the ride while it lasts. Getting obliterated when you hit one of those four walls doesn't degrade what the teams accomplished, but there's a cap on how far you get.

Machiavelli

Quote from: gordonmann on November 19, 2018, 11:22:39 AM
I'm with you, Dutchboy.

We're headed toward yet another season where the only four teams with a meaningful shot at the Stagg Bowl are Mount Union, Mary Hardin-Baylor, the best team in the WIAC (Whitewater) and the best team in the MIAC (St. John's this year).

The rest should enjoy the ride while it lasts. Getting obliterated when you hit one of those four walls doesn't degrade what the teams accomplished, but there's a cap on how far you get.

I know everyone is accepting the 'inevitable', but let's not mark it down until it happens. We need some optimism around here.

Bartman

Quote from: Machiavelli on November 19, 2018, 11:34:32 AM
Quote from: gordonmann on November 19, 2018, 11:22:39 AM
I'm with you, Dutchboy.

I know everyone is accepting the 'inevitable', but let's not mark it down until it happens. We need some optimism around here.
I'm afraid the Deer can hear the crunching steps in the snow of the approaching Hunter ....you will be someone's meal in the next few weeks......but sure , be optimistic, maybe the rifle will jam :o
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bartman

On a more serious note, congratualations to the student atletes that qualified for the NY Region DIII Football CoSID All Academic team. In NY State the LL had 16 mentions and the E8 had 6.

School Yr. GPA Major
QB George Marinopoulos Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute So. 3.75 Business & Management
WR DaQuan Hubbard The College at Brockport Jr. 3.38 Physical Education
WR Travis Marnell St. Lawrence University Sr. 3.37 Mathematics
TE Daniel DiLoreto University of Rochester Sr. 3.65 Economics / Spanish
OL Michael Bailey SUNY Cortland So. 3.79 Biology
OL Jake Bernstein Ithaca College Sr. 3.67 Exercise Science
OL Ryan Ehrets Union College So. 3.91 Mechanical Engineering
OL Robert Puckey Ithaca College Sr. 3.32 Business Administration
OL Bobby Shepard Hartwick College Sr. 3.86 Economics
K Kyle Hackett Hobart College So. 3.80 Economics
ST Joe Vitelli U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Jr. 3.56 Maritime Logistics & Security
DL John Hadac Ithaca College Jr. 3.54 Health Sciences
DL Collin Hudgins Hobart College Jr. 3.73 Economics
DL John Tucci The College at Brockport Sr. 3.51 Sports Management
DL Cole Valinoti Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Sr. 3.41 Business & Management
LB Jack Hoggard Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Sr. 3.60 Business & Management
LB Jack Reilly Union College Sr. 3.31 Economics
LB Tony Silvanic St. John Fisher College Jr. 4.00 Finance
DB Michael Chase St. John Fisher College Sr. 3.85 Biology
DB Andrew Koonz Hobart College Jr. 3.73 Mathematics
DB Luke Watanabe Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Sr. 3.76 Computer & Systems Engineering / Computer Science
DB Brendan Zotti Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Sr. 3.57 Mechanical Engineering
P Zachary Montrief Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute So. 3.59 Aeronautical Engineering
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

Ice Bear

A long time fan of DIII Football!