WBB: Midwest Conference

Started by jeffdc, February 05, 2005, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffdc

GC 87 RC 76.  Great game! Lots of gritty playing, with Hannah Wolf knocking in 3s, lots of turnovers, and a determined effort by the GC squad. Ripon looked a bit stunned as they left the court. This team shows great promise for the rest of the season and of course next year.
Threes are better than twos....

jeff p

Great defense and rebounding as well. Kaitlin Shannon had her best game as a Pioneer today. The guard court with Wolf and Veit worked so well together. Shumacher doesn't show up so much in the box score, but she has been giving some great error free minutes and providing some press breaking speed. B. Burt is really contributing right now with great pressure defense. In the teams two recent wins, she's become a defensive momentum switcher.  
Congrats to ALL the Pioneer Women for a stunning victory that at least a few of us knew was due!

jeff p

Disclaimer
even though the two jeffs sat side by side thurs and fri they are in no way connected, related or financially involved...except for jeffdc's coffee, that is...and our opinions are our own reached without consultation. Well, we did talk to each other, but he didn't tell me what to say. Well, he did want me to say that the one ref was bad, but I couldn't figure out which was the worst, so ...

E

SNC Women on top of Conference standings

Great road trip this weekend ladies!  Three more games to go, with tough games against Carroll, Lawrence and Ripon.  The Knights are playing together and are primed for an NCAA bid!

classy_vike

Big games this weekend with a few shockers.  This time of year the teams with no chance have one thing in common - get the W's against the top of the conference.  That's just what happened.  This time of year also, you never know what's going to happen.  Still no forsure as to the host of the tourney yet.  It proly won't be locked in until the last game of the season.  Big weekend next weekend LU at SNC.  What a game that will be!  Since LU snapped their losing streak against the Knights at home early in the season, who knows what will happen.  Very pleased with #23's play this past week.  #22 as well.  Frosh post off the bench has been making it a physical game for LU.  Very excited to see how this week plays out.  The Vikes can't look past BC right now.  Take it a game at the time!  Go Vikes!!!

Jimmy Chitty

I'm going to have to say that I'm VERY impressed with the way that SNC has QUIETLY shimmied their way to the top of the conference once again.  I believe that some people on this website were majorly hatin on the Knights a while back and I'm glad that the ladies of DePere are showing what real gritty MWC bball is all about.  Congrats and good luck tomorrow against Carroll.  Where are we?

Titan 2000

Shimmied ?  Ooh, that's a good word for describing women's hoops. Kind of reminds me of a brass pole in DePere.

Jimmy Chitty

Titan 2000

Sorry, my mind wandered there for a minute.

Larry U

Big game on Saturday between the Vikes and Green knights....I think LU can pull the win off again and  sent the green Knights not shimmying, but sliding down the pole backwards...

E

Games tonight

How did LU do against BC?  SNC defeated Carroll down in Waukesha with a solid defensive effort, forcing a lot of turnovers while also getting a good effort from their sophomore posts Bianca White and Kelly Dugan.  I wish the MWC site was better at updating scores sooner!

Larry U

LU with an easy win over BC...no question in the second half who was the winner.

Game of the year Saturday at 2....LU at SNC, for the right to host...gonna be huge...LU's biggest game in 3 years...

viking68

Saturday's game is going to be awesome!! I'm sure SNC is going to be majorly "up" for that game. Not only is it a big game, with big implications, but the revenge factor is going to be huge. I am pulling for my Vikes (how cool would it be to have both men's and women's conference tourneys in Alex?!), but it is going to be a tough test. I wish I could be there!

E

Anyone have a prediction for the conference tourney?

viking68

As much as I love my Vikes, I think the Green Knights are going to just be too tough. They are in the midst of a 10 game winning streak and their defense is obviously outstanding. What did LU shoot against them? 20%? 30%? You can blame only so much of that on just being cold.

I think LU will get past Ripon (yet again) in the 2 vs. 3 match-up and SNC will beat IC (although it will be a tough game - IC only lost by 4 a few weeks ago). But, I don't think LU will have enough to take down SNC again (not that I won't be rooting for the upset!). I do think it will be a much better game than this weekend.