WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Show

It's pronounced both ways even at the university. But I've always said it the "beuna" way. Blame it on 4 years of high school french instead of taking spanish I suppose... However, my wife had a spanish concentration at BV and says "beuna" as well!http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

CollegevilleMagic

The bue vs. beu thing is just as annoying as New Prague, the town in southern Mn.  In their case, it's "Pray-guh", not "pra-guh".

What do us St. Ben's fans have to expect from Simpson?  It looks, from their stats, like they probably run and press a lot, since tons of players see time, and nobody averages 10 ppg.  Anybody especially dangerous on their roster?

Do they tend to get in foul trouble, or is the press not a physically aggressive one?

The Show

ShoottoScore could probably help you out more with that question. I have failed to see the Simpson ladies play yet this year.

All I know is BV beat them by 8 @ BV and by 5 @ Simpson.

d-mac

It's time for the Big Dance... the teams are selected... the games are scheduled... and now 48 men's and 50 women's teams will take to the court this weekend with the same goal... a national title.
But who will win? The tournament previews are tonight on "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville"!!!

Sunday night we were live when the teams were selected and we found out who was in and out. The women's bracket was done relatively well... the men's bracket seems to be a bit of a disappointment.

But now we are looking ahead at the big games this weekend. From now on its win or go home.

One of those men's teams that is one of the hottest in the nation is #17 Gustavus Adulphus... who is riding an 18-game winning streak into the NCAA Tournament. The Gusties now will take on Lawrence on Thursday and could face the defending National Champs, UW-Stevens Point on Saturday. So, what might Mark Hanson be thinking. We will hear from him tonight and how his team has recovered from their 4-5 start to the season.

Now... the NCAA doesn't seed the Men's and Women's Brackets... but we will!
Tonight, live on the air, we will seed the men's and women's brackets according to how we see it and how we think the NCAA was thinking. So you can get an idea of who the NCAA thinks are the top teams and who might be hosting games in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 (Regionals).

And there are new #1 teams in both the Men's and Women's Top-25 this week... but barely. UW-Stevens Point is just points ahead of Amherst on the men's side. And on the women's, it is just a point between Scranton and Bowdoin.

We will breakdown the final regular season Top-25 and try and figure out what the voters were thinking. Along with pointing out how not all of the Top-25 made the tournament.

And of course, we will have live regional reports from around the nation and take your questions and comments live on the air.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8PM - 10PM Eastern!

"http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville": only place where you can listen or chat about Division III Basketball in the nation.

Go to the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for information on how you can listen in and chat with us live!

The Show

Props to the BV women who are picked most likely to disappoint in the South Regional in Pat's tourney preview...

Can't you just feel the love?http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

The Show

Simpson loses tonight 80-63.

BV will host St. Benedict on Sat.

Go Beavers!!!

CollegevilleMagic

Congrats to Simpson on a fine season, they were just out-gunned last night by my Blazers.  As I suspected going into the game, our post size and skill were too much for the shorter Storm squad.

Any tips on good restaurants in the Storm Lake area?  St. Ben's will bring a good host of fans to the game, and we're all looking forward to a great MIAC-IIAC matchup!

Go Blazers!!!

J 2 The Brizo

Check out the downtown area for places to eat...I recommend Martini's and Bozwells...I'd be sure to eat before the game however, because I doubt you will have much of an appetite after the Beavers get done with you...

BV 93
St. Ben - 83

The Show

BozWells is usually a good choice.

Perhaps if you stay late enough, you could enjoy The Pantry after a night of drinking away your sorrows...

Best omelet's in town! (Actually, it's usually the best anything you order since it's after the bars.)

The Show

Prediction:

BV - 74
St. Benedict - 68

The Show

Beavers fall 77-71.

Not a good night for Beaver Basketball. Both squads ending their seasons tonight even though both had a 4 point halftime lead.

Regardless, GREAT season ladies!

CollegevilleMagic

Congrats on a great season for the Beavers, we Blazer fans had a wonderful time as guests in Storm Lake!

I don't think BVU was ready for the post size and skill of CSB, the final stat sheet didn't accurately show the number of blocked and changed shots caused by our centers and forwards.  Anyway, maybe we'll meet again next year.  It'd be our pleasure to welcome some BVU fans to St. Joseph next March.

BVU was the most talented team St. Ben's has played this year so far, now we get the honor of representing MN and IA in Virginia!  

Go West Region!  Go BLAZERS!!!!!

d-mac

Basketball in Division III at this time of year... is so SWEET!!!
32 teams still have a chance at two national titles... and many teams weren't expected to get this far.
Tonight, a preview of this weekend's Sweet 16 action and preparations for the Final Four... on "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville"!!!

Wooster, Wittenburg, and Illinois Wesleyan are out of the men's bracket!
So, who in the world is still left in the Men's Road to Salem?
Well... UW-Stevens Point, Amherst, and St. John Fisher.

Trinity (TX) is still alive. Most thought they would be playing IWU on Friday night, instead they face Hanover. Tonight, we will chat with Coach Pat Cunningham about his Tigers. Their road to the Final Four is going to be a tough one.

Then there is John Carrol, who defeated Wittenburg to earn their Sweet 16 berth. Coach Mike Moran seems to have his Blue Streaks team clicking on all the right cylinders, having won the OAC before their run in the NCAA's. We will chat with Coach Moran about his upcoming game against Albion... who got by on what some say is a questionable win over Wooster.

On the women's side, not too many upsets, even though DePauw and Buena Vista were eliminated on their Road to Virginia Beach.

Wesleyan continues to surprise as they took out Staten Island to earn their Sweet 16 game against Springfield. Coach Kate Mullen will join us live on the air to talk about how this season's finish isn't what the Cardinals planned on... and how they're looking to keep dancing.

George Fox will be earning a lot of frequent flyer miles this weekend. Coach Scott Rueck has his Bruins playing very good basketball and will take on St. Benedict, who upset Buena Vista. But how are the Bruins going to handle flying across the entire length of the nation for the game(s)... we will ask Coach Rueck.

And Salem is getting ready for their tenth Men's Final Four. ODAC Commissioner Brad Bankston will join us live on the air to let us know how the preparations are going. How you can get tickets! And what else you can expect and should do while in the great city of Salem (and Roanoke), Virginia.

Oh... and of course we will chat with our regional reporters - Gordon Mann will actually join us in studio. And we will certainly take your questions and comments on the air and try and cover a very busy week of basketball.

So come join us online and LIVE from 8PM - 10PM Eastern!

"http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville": only place where you can listen or chat about Division III Basketball in the nation.

Check out the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for information on how you can listen... and be a part of the show.

The Show

Central women's basketball coach, Mick Angel, resigned yesterday.

The Show

Congratulations to BV women's coach Janet Berry for being named WBCA Region Coach of the Year!

Looking forward to another strong season next year...