ECACs

Started by AUKaz00, November 16, 2008, 09:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3viewer

WOW..Brockport chokes again. Up 31-13, give up 25 unanswered points to W and J and lose 38-31. Brockport was up 31-16 entering the 4th quarter.

Teamski

Frostburg hangs 28 points on SJF in the first half.  Really impressive performance.

-Ski
Wesley College Football.... A Winning Tradition! A Coach Mike Drass Legacy.

wesleydad

Just tuned back in and it is a beat down.  Frostburg looks good.

ITH radio

As expected, dominant win by RPI in final bowl game.

Overall seemed like a good wkd of football. The venue was spectacular but probably too large for these types of games. A smaller stadium would work better IMO but a good job by the ECAC in coordinating this one.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ITH radio on November 20, 2016, 08:31:04 PM

Overall seemed like a good elf of football. The venue was spectacular but probably too large for these types of games. A smaller stadium would work better IMO but a good job by the ECAC in coordinating this one.

I really enjoyed all of the ECAC bowl games that I was able to watch this year along with the MAC/CC challenge and the Framingham State vs. Salve game. I think the ECAC did a great job with the video and analysis. I do agree with the large venue, but it allowed some the players the experience in playing in a D1-FCS facility. Congrats on all the teams that participated in the ECAC games. Hopefully the MAC, CC, and NE get back into the games, it was top notch. These games are always great, it allows for the Seniors to play one last game with their brothers and gives the younger guys an additional week of practice to gain some momentum into next year. Overall, I think both the NJAC and PAC teams took a step forward from these games.

Teamski

Quote from: D3MAFAN on November 21, 2016, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: ITH radio on November 20, 2016, 08:31:04 PM

Overall seemed like a good elf of football. The venue was spectacular but probably too large for these types of games. A smaller stadium would work better IMO but a good job by the ECAC in coordinating this one.

I really enjoyed all of the ECAC bowl games that I was able to watch this year along with the MAC/CC challenge and the Framingham State vs. Salve game. I think the ECAC did a great job with the video and analysis. I do agree with the large venue, but it allowed some the players the experience in playing in a D1-FCS facility. Congrats on all the teams that participated in the ECAC games. Hopefully the MAC, CC, and NE get back into the games, it was top notch. These games are always great, it allows for the Seniors to play one last game with their brothers and gives the younger guys an additional week of practice to gain some momentum into next year. Overall, I think both the NJAC and PAC teams took a step forward from these games.

I fully concur.  Presentation wise, it puts the ECAC games above that of the DIII playoffs.  I really enjoyed watching a fully produced DIII football game.  It would be folly for any East coast DIII conference to pass on these games.  This year's presentation and match-ups were absolutely stellar.

-Ski

gordonmann

QuoteI fully concur.  Presentation wise, it puts the ECAC games above that of the DIII playoffs.  I really enjoyed watching a fully produced DIII football game.  It would be folly for any East coast DIII conference to pass on these games.  This year's presentation and match-ups were absolutely stellar.

-Ski

There's still a question whether it works financially for some schools. The MAC teams are passing on the arrangement, even when it's in their back yard. I suspect that won't change for now.

D3MAFAN

Quote from: gordonmann on November 21, 2016, 03:49:37 PM
QuoteI fully concur.  Presentation wise, it puts the ECAC games above that of the DIII playoffs.  I really enjoyed watching a fully produced DIII football game.  It would be folly for any East coast DIII conference to pass on these games.  This year's presentation and match-ups were absolutely stellar.

-Ski

There's still a question whether it works financially for some schools. The MAC teams are passing on the arrangement, even when it's in their back yard. I suspect that won't change for now.

I understand that it does not financially suit some schools, but the experience as a viewer was top notch, the best I have seen in DIII outside of Johns Hopkins and some West region schools.

Teamski

Quote from: gordonmann on November 21, 2016, 03:49:37 PM

-Ski

And such a position is pretty weak when it comes to the impact that a growing NIT-like tournament can make on recruitment and ultimately on the players themselves.  I can guarantee you that the  SJF and Frostburg players wanted that game bad! 

-Ski

Olorin

The venue this year was spectacular. As soon as I walked into that stadium it reminded me of the old Yankee Stadium - (pre 1976) with the poles going up through the stands. I told my son to take a look around and remember the view of that field that he was playing on as it was something he could tell his grandkids about.

I get the financial situations some schools are in but it's a shame that their players couldn't participate at a venue like that one.

ITH radio

Going to be 4 games this year, all played at University of Delaware's stadium.

More to come, but list of declared teams is now up to about 15 or so teams.

http://www.ecacsports.com/sports/2017/10/24/2017%20D3FBFEST%20Declared%20Teams.aspx

UfanBill

Quote from: ITH radio on November 01, 2017, 03:57:06 PM
Going to be 4 games this year, all played at University of Delaware's stadium.

More to come, but list of declared teams is now up to about 15 or so teams.

http://www.ecacsports.com/sports/2017/10/24/2017%20D3FBFEST%20Declared%20Teams.aspx
Frank and Jim, any thoughts on why Union has not declared for this list. In the event that they fall to third in the LL a post season game in Delaware would still be a positive.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

Only RPI (and previously WPI) really participated in ECAC games. Hobart stopped over 10 years ago bc they supposedly couldn't "afford" to do it for all their teams (Ms & Ws), so they stopped submitting bids.

Union may just be waiting to see what happens this wkd vs. IC. The deadline isn't until the Monday after the NCAA brackets come out (and we think the ECAC should push it out a little bc Monday deadlines are never great).

Bombers798891

Quote from: ITH radio on November 02, 2017, 12:25:23 PM

Union may just be waiting to see what happens this wkd vs. IC. The deadline isn't until the Monday after the NCAA brackets come out (and we think the ECAC should push it out a little bc Monday deadlines are never great).

Yeah, I've always wondered if some of that delay was just locker room management. "We haven't declared for the ECACs because we're not planning on losing these next two games." At least, that's how I'd be playing it if I were Union.

UfanBill

Quote from: ITH radio on November 02, 2017, 12:25:23 PM
Only RPI (and previously WPI) really participated in ECAC games. Hobart stopped over 10 years ago bc they supposedly couldn't "afford" to do it for all their teams (Ms & Ws), so they stopped submitting bids.

Union has participated in many ECAC games in the past. As a matter of fact they're 6-0! Their last ECAC game was in 2009 vs. Hartwick. They just haven't qualified or been chosen lately.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳