ODAC
8 (34.8%)
USAC
12 (52.2%)
Who Cares?
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

LTBB1971

I think I read on a site that instead of 3 teams, there will be 7 teams from each conference playing each other next year and they will play in Cary, NC.

Catfishncwc

Quote from: LTHSdad on February 13, 2009, 05:02:58 PM
I think I read on a site that instead of 3 teams, there will be 7 teams from each conference playing each other next year and they will play in Cary, NC.
would that be at the USA Baseball site?
1999 Division 3 National Baseball Champs

A.G.

Quote from: LTHSdad on February 13, 2009, 05:02:58 PM

Sure hope LC is one of those team playing. 

A.G.

QuoteGREENSBORO, N.C. - Guilford College's baseball team completed a perfect weekend in the inaugural USA South/Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) Challenge with wins over Greensboro College and Averett University Sunday. The Quakers improved to 4-1 for the first time since 2001 and were the unofficial challenge champions as the lone team with a 3-0 record in the six-team event. Bridgewater College and Randolph-Macon College both posted 2-1 records as the ODAC won seven of the nine games played in three different city venues.

http://www.d3baseball.com/pressreleases/Guilford/2009/02/15/Guilford-Goes-3-0-In-USA-SouthODAC-Challenge/3543

fightingquaker1

The ODAC-USAS Challenge disappointed me a little bit. The ODAC showed up and the USAS didn't really bother to. RMC and Guilford looked really good. Bridgewater stole one from GC and showed a lot of heart while doing that. NWC looks like they may struggle this year. Ben Moore will have to be the HERO for them. But I think he can do that. He is a fighter and can really battle. Averett and Greensboro looked about the same. Greensboro is very inconsistent and seems to have some issues. Losing a 7 run lead in the 9th inning must have cast some doubts in the minds of their players. Especially since the majority of the starters were watching the downfall from the bench. Averett's pitching staff looked decent at best. I really think they could be in the cellar again this year...Great job Quakers!!!

randomguy

I dont want to dissagree with you on that, the USAS got beaten pretty bad in the tournament.  But as far as what you said about averett, one of their pitchers missed the entire weekend and another was just getting over MRSA and had not thrown in over a week.  not to mention some of the better hitters missed the first weekend and are just getting into the swing of things.

BoJam

I really wouldn't count any teams out at this point. Its really too early to say "this team will be last." Cal State Fullerton, starts with worst record in school history a couple of years ago, that year they go virtually undefeated the rest of the year and win the cws.

LTBB1971

I was really disappointed at USA South results this past weekend.  Best offense I have seen so far this season is Salisbury.  It seemed every player was 6'3" and 220 lbs.  M. Celenza and A. Miller will be 1st team All Americans if they keep pounding the ball they way they are.  Not too far behind was the Guilford offense.  They sure raked the ball this past weekend.  The DH Wooten is a monster at the plate, I was trully impressed. 
Best pitching I have seen so far this season has been Salisbury with Dustin Herbert and Kyle Judson on the mound doing a great job.  I was also impressed by Byron Mendenhall of Randolph Macon...2 hit NC Wesleyan for 6 innings until he got hit by line drive and had to leave...long season to go...

fightingquaker1

To randomguy: At the end of the day, Averett will always be just that, Averett. I understand you pitch for them, and if I remember correctly Ben, you not half bad on the mound. Unfortunately, there isn't much talent around you. Best of luck though.

To BoJam: I say again, please quit posting. You're not the real BoJam. Go back to the JV squad and keep working. By the way, I noticed you guys split with Suffolk CC. Impressive  ;D

To LTHSdad: Salisbury sounds legit. Sound be a great match up this weekend between them and the #1 team in the nation. Cortland State might have their hands full. By the way, its Kyle Wooden you are talking about for Guilford. The big lefty is killing the ball right now. Hope it continues today.

LTBB1971

I see that Shenandoah has already posted their 2010 schedule with the ODAC-USAS opponents.  Has anyone else seen the rest of the match ups?

hokieone

CNU is in the USAC-ODAC Challenge but not sure of the tournament schedule. CNU's tentative nonconference opponents for 2010,  among others, are University of Texas-Tyler, University of Texas-Dallas, Mary Hardin Baylor, Rowan, Piedmont, Salisbury, York, Stevenson, with regular season games against ODAC foes VWC, HSC, Bridgewater, and RMC. A few more games will be added but it's a pretty tough nonconference schedule.

Hampton U SID

that's a very impressive list for non-conference games....Harvell has never ran away from playing top teams.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: hokieone on August 07, 2009, 08:05:52 AM
CNU is in the USAC-ODAC Challenge but not sure of the tournament schedule. CNU's tentative nonconference opponents for 2010,  among others, are University of Texas-Tyler, University of Texas-Dallas, Mary Hardin Baylor, Rowan, Piedmont, Salisbury, York, Stevenson, with regular season games against ODAC foes VWC, HSC, Bridgewater, and RMC. A few more games will be added but it's a pretty tough nonconference schedule.

Non-region games in bold.  Good schedule, but those will not directly help them, come tourney consideration.

hokieone

USAS-ODAC Challenge will be played in Richmond. CNU plays Guilford, Lynchburg, and Washington and Lee. Games will be played in Ashland area, using Randolph Macon's field and some close by high school fields.

coachmilburn

Why is that?  What happened with Cary, NC?