2011-2012 DIII Women's Basketball Rankings by Region

Started by d3hendrixpop50, September 07, 2011, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7express

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on September 07, 2011, 11:28:07 PM
When does DIII Women's Basketball Rankings usually come out? Who does the ranking?

Regional rankings come out the 3rd or 4th Tuesday of January from what I remember last year.
I know Pat Coleman sent out the ballot to the coaches in the men's poll sometime last week, so the men's poll should be availible sometime this week if it's not already.  Not sure if he sent out the ballot for the women;s poll yet.

Captain Bob

D3Hoops Men's 25 came out today, wondering how long it will be until the Women's 25 is also out.  Pre-Season Teams for both sexes have already been published.

Pat Coleman

Yesterday was the deadline for the schools to submit info. I followed up with those who missed the deadline today and will send the info packet to our voters tonight. If they vote on time (and this did not happen in the men's poll) then we can release on Friday. Otherwise it will be Monday.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 25, 2011, 06:02:36 PM
Yesterday was the deadline for the schools to submit info. I followed up with those who missed the deadline today and will send the info packet to our voters tonight. If they vote on time (and this did not happen in the men's poll) then we can release on Friday. Otherwise it will be Monday.

May you put the info packet online for interested non-voters to view?

d3hendrixpop50

Ralph Turner

Quote from: d3hendrixpop50 on October 25, 2011, 11:38:34 PM
8-) Cool idea Ronk....  That is a great idea.

Maybe you could dress it up in your spare time between October 15th and November 15th and sell it as a premium product.

:) ;)

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ronk on October 25, 2011, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 25, 2011, 06:02:36 PM

May you put the info packet online for interested non-voters to view?

Well, no, but Gordon Mann and I will be writing an Inside the Top 25 for women's basketball as I did for men's this week when the poll comes out, and it draws from that packet.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Thanks, I read your men's writeup after I posed the question and I figured that a similar writeup on the women's side would satisfy my request.

KnightSlappy

I'm trying my hand at Women's Regional Ranking projections this year on my blog. Here's the first update:

http://tomaroonandgold.blogspot.com/2011/12/womens-regional-rankings-1262011.html

I've done this for a couple of years for the men. It's still very early on, so take the rankings with several grains of salt.

7express

I like Western @ #11, but no way were staying that high.  With not many games the next couple weeks, do you still plan to update this weekly, or is your next update not going to be until after conference play resumes around D-3 (January 7).  Western only plays 3 games between now and January 7, and all of them are after New Year's.

KnightSlappy

BruinFan

FYI - Tuesday, January 3 will be a big game in the West region and Northwest Conference when Lewis and Clark hosts George Fox. They are currently ranked 1 and 2 in the West using the calculations done by KnightSlappy.
These teams shared the NWC championship last year.