WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

iwu70

Looks a very good recruiting class . . . more athleticism and some good size.  Likely good back ups for some of the key IWU seniors  and starters returning.  Seems Raven Hughes a truly "significant" recruit, likely to get PT right away.  IMHO. 

Graduation today at IWU -- all best wishes to the Class of '17, especially to all the graduating Titan athletes.  Good luck with your future studies and endeavors and thanks for all your contributions to the IWU community and to IWU athletics.

IWU'70

matblake

The new NP logo is boring.  I always thought that the longship was kind of weird with regards to perspective (the angle the ship was going took me a while to get used to) but it was definitely clear what school it belonged to and was incredibly unique.  I hope Greg's Avatar is linked to a page owned by him, otherwise that ship might sail too as the school will surely work to eliminate all references to the previous logo. 

lmitzel

Sad news out of Naperville, as I found out former Cardinal point guard and 2012 North Central grad Helen Muleya passed away yesterday. I don't know details other than it was very sudden. Haven't heard anything about arrangements yet either.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

Sorry to hear that. Life should be long.
Thanks for informing us, lmitzel.

Gregory Sager

I'm sorry to hear that as well. It's always a tragedy when someone that young dies.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

iwu70

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

Gregory Sager

Zakiya Newsome, a 5'6 point guard from Glenbard North, has deposited at North Park.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

I was wondering if Gabby Sandoval would need to play 37 minutes per game next season, but it sounds like NP is getting additional ballhandlers to help out.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: RogK on May 11, 2017, 12:38:32 AM
I was wondering if Gabby Sandoval would need to play 37 minutes per game next season, but it sounds like NP is getting additional ballhandlers to help out.

Two of NPU's recruits are point guards ... plus, Elise Estelle will be back after missing January and February.

lmitzel

Heard some rumblings that North Central is actually looking for a new assistant coach for the women's basketball program.  Sounds like Michelle Roof is hoping to have someone in place by July but doesn't have a particular candidate in mind.

Last check on North Central's website doesn't have any openings yet, but I imagine there will be something soon.
#THREEEEEEEEE

lmitzel

I don't know how long it's been up, but the posting is officially up for NCC's opening for an Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator.

https://northcentralcollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/3680
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

The word "system" is nowhere to be found in that posting. ;)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 24, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
The word "system" is nowhere to be found in that posting. ;)

Good catch, Greg.  I see four main possibilities:

1.  It's simply an oversight.  (doubtful)

2.  They've decided to transition back to a more traditional style.  (somewhat doubtful, as they've had some success with it by historical standards)

3.  They want a way to quickly 'screen out' applicants who are so lacking in doing their homework that they don't already know that NCC runs the system.  (entirely possible)

4.  They believe they have sufficiently adapted the system to their own preferences that they don't want to look like 'Arsenault groupies'.  (I suspect some combination of #3 and #4 is the answer)