Women's Tournament Committee

Started by bballfan13, May 13, 2015, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bballfan13

Any news on why Dave Martin stepped down as national committee chair?  I see he's still on the committee but just not chair again this year.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

He felt some one else should have the job and not him the entire four years... a very common thing for chairs who may serve for long periods of time. It isn't exactly the same, but the men's committee has had chairs step down so others that have served with them get the opportunity as well. Dave is staying on the committee, but he has told me he also has some other projects he wants to dedicate more of his time towards... that could be just as beneficial as being the chair. His experience and knowledge will still be present and I look forward to chatting with Keri Carrollo this upcoming year.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

bballfan13

Thanks for the update and explanation Dave!  I was able to meet both Dave Martin and Keri Carrollo this past March at Calvin during the Final 4.  Both did a fantastic job and I look forward to the next few years with them on the committee.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hoopsville is on the air NOW!

We aren't even a week into the new season and there is already plenty to talk about. Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave talks to the new women's basketball committee chair, previews a rare D1 at D3 game, takes a look at the 4th Annual Hoopsville National Invitational Classic at Stevenson University, plus much more in an extended edition of the show.

Guests include:
- Keri Carollo, UW-Whitewater Head Coach and NCAA Women's Basketball Committee Chair
- Joe Cassidy, Rowan men
- John Giannini, La Salle men and former Rowan coach
- Gary Stewart, Stevenson men
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Mid-Atlantic columnist

Tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2015-16/nov19

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
SoundCloud (podcast): www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

AND our podcast as been approved for iTunes!!! You should be able to find it... but here is a link, just in case: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.