2016 NCAA Tournament

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), February 26, 2016, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Big ups to the Guru for dropping the word "proscenium" on us on the Hoopsville postgame show.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

pg04

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 19, 2016, 08:31:43 PM
Big ups to the Guru for dropping the word "proscenium" on us on the Hoopsville postgame show.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. I had to look it up.

Drake Palmer

Quote from: miac952 on March 19, 2016, 07:58:17 PM
Johnson for Benedictine is a monster offensive player but his defense was a big liability. Saarela had his way inside and Montero was able to take advantage of help defense that arrived late all game

I was exchanging texts with some fellow MIAC fans during the game and we commented on the same thing. 

Great team run, and season by Benedictine. 
"If anything here offends, I beg your pardon. I come in peace, I depart in gratitude." ;)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Johnson for Benedictine is a monster offensive player but his defense was a big liability. Saarela had his way inside and Montero was able to take advantage of help defense that arrived late all game

Johnson is an incredible help defender; he's a skilled shot blocker, but he struggled when posted up.  He's got good footwork, so you'd think he'd be able to improve there - then again, I would've thought he'd've put on another 25 pounds of muscle by this point, too.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Hoops Fan on March 20, 2016, 07:09:35 PM

Johnson is an incredible help defender; he's a skilled shot blocker, but he struggled when posted up.  He's got good footwork, so you'd think he'd be able to improve there - then again, I would've thought he'd've put on another 25 pounds of muscle by this point, too.

If he could have generated the interest, he should have transferred to Michigan like Duncan Robinson.  The UM strength coach has done wonders for him! ;D

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

What a season of Division III basketball and it isn't quite over with yet! The men might have crowned their championship, but the women have one more game to go.

On this episode of Hoopsville, Dave McHugh looks back at the two championship weekends with help from Ryan Scott, Gordon Mann, and Adam Turer. We look at the championship for St. Thomas and the near perfect miss by Benedictine. We also take a look at the two semifinal games in women's basketball and the upcoming championship between St. Thomas and Tufts to be played in Indianapolis.

Dave also talks to Page Moir, head coach for Roanoke, who suddenly announced on Tuesday he is stepping down from the position and looking for something new to challenge him.

You can watch the show in its entirety or listen to the podcast above.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Page Moir, Roanoke men's coach
- Keith Bunkenburg, No. 2 Benedictine men's coach
- Steve Fritz, St. Thomas athletics director and former men's coach
- John Tauer, No 1. St. Thomas men's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Mid-Atlantic reporter
- Gordon Mann and Adam Turer, women's semifinals report
- Jeff Hans, No. 1 Thomas More women's coach
- Carla Berube, No. 7 Tufts women's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.