FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit_of_66

"When is Bernard (Combs) not hot against us? Bernard just embarrasses you. He nails the 3, scores off the dribble, scores off picks ... he scores from everywhere. He lives off of us."
-- McMurry Head Coach Ron Holmes on HSU Shooting Guard Bernard Combs, 1998

Josh Bowerman

"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass

Ralph Turner

It looks like Austin College did not want to renew its contract with HSU! ;)

Norman

How does that work?  Has Austin College moved conferences???

Josh Bowerman

Uhhhh....who wants to bring Stormin' Norman into this season?   ;)

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Josh Bowerman on September 26, 2005, 01:56:51 PM
What is HSU's Dunkel, Trent?

As of last week (Week 3) HSU's Dunkel Index was 62.0, or fifth. 

Interesting to note that Linfield's DI (80.9) is higher than all D2 teams save North Dakota (84.4), and ties Eastern Washingon for third in D-1AA.  It would tie Wake Forest for 78th in D-1A.   I believe that Dunkel Indexes are directly comparable across divisions. 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Josh Bowerman on September 26, 2005, 02:36:16 PM
Uhhhh....who wants to bring Stormin' Norman into this season?   ;)

Allow me.

Norman, welcome to 2005. Back in May, there was an announcement you might want to look at.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

wildcat11

Looking forward to coming down to Texas next year for the HSU/Linfield game.  It should be an great series over the next two years.  I love it that HSU and Linfield stepped up to give D3 a game that we can look forward to during the long winter/spring/summer months.

eagle

That Sellers kid is one work of art, for the rest of the ASC sake I'm glad he is a senior, I would hate to have to face him 3 more years. He gave TLU fits, he is one hellava athlete. McMurray is young and just needs some more talent around him. The game was not as close as the score indicated, TLU reserves got quite a bit of playing time to bad they lost their top receiver to an injury who knows for how long. Hopefully the dogs can go undefeated til the last game against HSU. I know 2 losses will hurt them but had the Trinity game been flipped with the UMHB I think TLU would be 2-1. The UMHB match up was just a good game and the right team won it eventhough TLU had it's chances.

Josh Bowerman

I agree, Wildcat!  Now maybe some other "big name" DIII schools will follow suit and start scheduling each other in their non-conference slots. 

Kudos to these two schools for setting the pace!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Josh Bowerman on September 26, 2005, 04:24:46 PM
I agree, Wildcat!  Now maybe some other "big name" DIII schools will follow suit and start scheduling each other in their non-conference slots. 

Agreed, and I will blog about that when I get the chance.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Josh Bowerman

A pre-emptive karma point for the future blog!   8)

(I can always hope, can't I?)   ;)

Ron Boerger

Quote from: eagle on September 26, 2005, 04:22:53 PM
That Sellers kid is one work of art, for the rest of the ASC sake I'm glad he is a senior, I would hate to have to face him 3 more years.

The kid can flat out play.  For some reason I thought he was a junior, but you are right, he's a senior.  With no fewer than nine QB's on the roster, it will be interesting to see who next year's QB will be.  None of the QBs who played in '04 are on the '05 roster. 

Spirit_of_66

Josh, I think your latin is off. It should read: "Spes Mea in Deo Est" which translates to "My Hope Is In God" -- Psalm 61:8

Dude, Four years of Bible College paid off on that one.

Question to you ASC'ers:

What is your school's biggest and most important major?  It does not have to be the same. (i.e. Sul Ross -- Agribusiness and Animal Science).

ASC'ers with football only. I could care less about Trinity and the SCAC and what have you. I have nothing against Trinity, I have been there plenty and I think it is a great school, but I want to learn something about LC other than it is in Pineville and MC other than it looks like a plantation. Those are just two examples. Thanks.

PS -- Austin College is leaving? Just kidding. Damn no more trips to the mayonaise factory. The stadium upgrade was nice, but why did they not put in new visitors bleachers?
"When is Bernard (Combs) not hot against us? Bernard just embarrasses you. He nails the 3, scores off the dribble, scores off picks ... he scores from everywhere. He lives off of us."
-- McMurry Head Coach Ron Holmes on HSU Shooting Guard Bernard Combs, 1998

minni

Apparnetly I have been under a rock.  What is happening to Austin College?

Why arent they on the HSU schedule?