BB: 2013 Regionals (Mideast)

Started by Ralph Turner, May 12, 2013, 11:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forheavendial4999

Weather could be a significant issue on Thursday. Late tomorrow could be affected, but I think as long as they don't futz around they should be able to get the games in before the rain.

Hopefully Thursday will be better than it looks or at least they can get a couple of games in.

Dr. Acula

W&J and IL Wesleyan are knotted up at 3-3 in the 7th.  Good game to start us off. 

mideastfan2

my video feed isn't working. stats are fine but not video....anyone else having issues, or OS it just my work computer?? thanks.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 15, 2013, 11:44:28 AM
my video feed isn't working. stats are fine but not video....anyone else having issues, or OS it just my work computer?? thanks.

I think it's probably your computer. Does your work block streaming video?

mideastfan2

it blocks some, but not all. the other games are streaming fine, but i just have a black screen from the game central Mideast website. oh well, stats are good...and video should be fine for later this evening at home.

go W&J, Mount, Wooster, and the Etta Express!!!!

mr_b

Washington & Jefferson take game one, 5-3, over Illinois Wesleyan.  A key error led to two unearned runs for the Presidents.  Jeff Johnson is tagged with his first loss of the season.  I also want to recognize the video play-by-play announcers for their fine work!

forheavendial4999

Carlino picked a bad time for his first off game of the year...down 3-0 and trying to pitch out of trouble in the 4th.

Scott looks sharp for Manchester.

hasbeen123

Carlino isn't as impressive as advertised.  5 runs, 4 BBs and 0 Ks through 4 innings?   

We still haven't seen how Manchester can do against a good team though. 

Don't sleep on the Spartans.

forheavendial4999

Definitely not his best game. Dunno if they came out tight or what it was.

mideastfan2

Carlino was off today, definitely not how he looked all year.

Scott has looked alright, but nothing dominating.  I'very never seen so many line and flyouts to a songle outfielder before.  Murphy has 8 put outs in RF and it's only the 6th inning...crazy.

hasbeen123

I think I have an idea why Carlino struggled....  Manchester has an experienced team that gets on base at a ridiculous rate of .428 coming into this game.

But you never know,  maybe he is just not used to 80 degrees and sunny after the horrible spring weather he's been pitching in.

mideastfan2

Quote from: hasbeen123 on May 15, 2013, 02:46:03 PM
I think I have an idea why Carlino struggled....  Manchester has an experienced team that gets on base at a ridiculous rate of .428 coming into this game.

But you never know,  maybe he is just not used to 80 degrees and sunny after the horrible spring weather he's been pitching in.

with those great offensive stats it'll be interesting to see how they hold up this weekend, and maybe next weekend if they are fortunate enough to make it to the series.

would've loved to see them play a competitive schedule this year and see how the stats would'be varied, if at all. experienced lineups can go a long way in the postseason, so well see of Manchester can make a run.

hasbeen123

How many seniors did Marietta graduate last year?  I know they just reload, but I'm curious as to how many returned this year.

mideastfan2

Quote from: hasbeen123 on May 15, 2013, 03:12:22 PM
How many seniors did Marietta graduate last year?  I know they just reload, but I'm curious as to how many returned this year.

they lost their SS (all American), 2b, and 5 pitchers (3 all Americans)....so 7 that contributed.

this year's team has 5 senior starters that have played significantly for 3 years (lots of world series games), and their ace pitcher is a senior, who was the number 3 last year....so 6 contributing seniors.

forheavendial4999

Quote from: mideastfan2 on May 15, 2013, 03:18:22 PM
Quote from: hasbeen123 on May 15, 2013, 03:12:22 PM

they lost their SS (all American), 2b, and 5 pitchers (3 all Americans)....so 7 that contributed.

this year's team has 5 senior starters that have played significantly for 3 years (lots of world series games), and their ace pitcher is a senior, who was the number 3 last year....so 6 contributing seniors.

Plus whatever category you put Luke Langdon in...he returned, but hasn't pitched due to injury.

Not sure what happened with Carlino. Usually he's around the plate and at least makes you work for it. Manchester was just the much better team today, played better and advances in the bracket.