Rank the Mideast Region

Started by Spence, March 17, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DagarmanSpartan

Ok.  So we're ranked 4th in the region behind La Rouche, Marietta, and Ohio Wesleyan.

http://d3baseball.com/notables/2016/04/Regional-rankings-week-1

I hope that that will be enough to get us into the tourney!

Jim Dixon

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on April 28, 2016, 04:53:51 PM
Ok.  So we're ranked 4th in the region behind La Rouche, Marietta, and Ohio Wesleyan.

fourth is is bubble territory.  Last Year's fourth place team in the week 1 regional rankings was left out.

4    Ohio Northern    23-7-0 ( 0.767)    23-7-0 ( 0.767)

Bishopleftiesdad

Plus all this can change. This is only the first ranking.
I do have a question. Lets say LaRoche, Marietta and OWU win there conference tourney and Case stays at number four in the final secret ranking. Durin selection Case would be the first on the board for the mid east correct?

ADL70

Quote from: DagarmanSpartan on April 28, 2016, 04:53:51 PM

Those three winning conference tournaments would help a bunch.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

EttaFan1

I think the message from the committee is a pretty significant one....

Schedule good competition, period.

Marietta's cwru's and records aren't necessarily glowing, but their sos rankings are 7th and first respectively. 

1. Laroche sos ranking: 214
2. Marietta sos ranking 7th
3. Owu sos ranking 42
4. Cwru sos ranking first
5. Wooster sos ranking 60
6. Rhit sos ranking 182
7.  Adrian sos ranking 241
8.  Denison sos ranking 64
9. Otterbein sos ranking 253.

I think the committee is showing some respect for those who play tough competition and maybe don't have the same success as those who have an easier time

DagarmanSpartan

Quote from: EttaFan1 on May 03, 2016, 10:54:02 PM
I think the message from the committee is a pretty significant one....

Schedule good competition, period.

Marietta's cwru's and records aren't necessarily glowing, but their sos rankings are 7th and first respectively. 

1. Laroche sos ranking: 214
2. Marietta sos ranking 7th
3. Owu sos ranking 42
4. Cwru sos ranking first
5. Wooster sos ranking 60
6. Rhit sos ranking 182
7.  Adrian sos ranking 241
8.  Denison sos ranking 64
9. Otterbein sos ranking 253.

I think the committee is showing some respect for those who play tough competition and maybe don't have the same success as those who have an easier time

Well, that, AND the fact that CWRU had a lot of success against the other teams on that list, including a three game sweep of #5 Wooster and two game sweep of #8 Denison.

EttaFan1

Very true....

Marietta is 2-1 vs case, 1-0 vs owu, 1-0 vs Wooster, 1-0 vs Adrian, 1-1 vs otterbein, 0-1 vs Denison and 0-2 vs la Roche.

La Roche has had a lot of success against in region teams as well.

Bishopleftiesdad

The last regional ranking makes real sense to me. We will see later today if they still make sense to me. I believe the top 4 will stay the same.

Bishopleftiesdad

Ott is trying hard to increase their SOS.
They have scheduled Games against LaRoche and Frostburg in Pittsburgh. They should have scheduled them earlier.

http://www.otterbeincardinals.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball&;

EttaFan1

Too little too late, imo.  The crap they schedule earlier in the season is the reason for thei sos being garbage. Playing frostburg and la Roche will help, but not that much.  It will be interesting to see

Bishopleftiesdad

Well they moved up one or two places in the regional rankings today, and they continue to recieve votes in the d3 poll.
And I agree, they should not wait until the end to schedule a tough opponent. Looks like they have done that for a few years now.

ADL70

OWU loses to Wooster and Denison and is out of NCAC tournament. The losses drop their W/L below CWRU and their SOS rank is 46th. Will those elevate the Spartans despite the Bishops' 2-1 h2h advantage?

Hot dark horse DePauw will only need to win one of two from the winner of tonight's Wooster vs Denison game to win the AQ.
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO

EttaFan1

Regionally ranked pool a teams

1. La Roche. (Leads 8-4 in the 7th at this time)
2. Marietta
5. Wooster
8. rose Hulman

Unbranded pool a

Thomas more.
Kalamazoo

Pool b teams

4. Cwru

Pool c teams
3. Owu
6. Otterbein
7. Adrian
9. Denison

ElRetornodelEspencio

Don't expect these rankings to stay the same. OWU probably fell below Case and possibly also Wooster, and is squarely on the bubble (I have them as one of the last teams out with North Central being eliminated today in CCIW).

I will be surprised if Rose Hulman or Kalamazoo head to Washington Pa. Rose-Hulman is one of few teams that can bus to the South regional (even including most South regional teams, oddly; don't be surprised if Frostburg or Shenandoah or both show up). Thomas More too if they end up going (I think they and W&J have one game winner-take-all for the bid tomorrow). Kalamazoo can bus to the Midwest or Central.

Could be a lot of unfamiliar logos in the Mideast regional this year (though Frostburg would be familiar to some). I'm projecting 11 teams from the New England region, so some folks are gonna have to go somewhere.

Fortunately, Marietta cannot bus to the South regional this year.

ADL70

Quote from: EttaFan1 on May 14, 2016, 07:19:20 PM
Regionally ranked pool a teams

1. La Roche. (Leads 8-4 in the 7th at this time)
2. Marietta
5. Wooster
8. rose Hulman

Unbranded pool a

Thomas more.
Kalamazoo

Pool b teams

4. Cwru

Pool c teams
3. Owu
6. Otterbein
7. Adrian
9. Denison

Bs are likely to be Emory and SJ Fisher so CWRU drops to C. LaRoche won today, faces Behrend tomorrow for the AQ. Go Redhawks!
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO